Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Interior help/advice

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 12:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interior help/advice

So I have a 1998 coupe with dark grey interior color code is "K". I just recently bought s2000 seats, and I was planning on reupholstering by back seats, but i didn't want to do the whole interior. I was thinking maybe just accents like the door panel redoing it with black vinyl where the cloth is. like how the type r is red make that part black. would that look tacky or would look good. any pics or seen it done before. let me know thanks.
Old 08-20-2008, 12:42 PM

Default Re: Interior help/advice (Shaynepolevault)

i think all vinyl looks tacky. but thats just me. now some nice soft tweed wouldnt look to bad. in the market place i guess there is a guy selling kits for them.
Old 08-20-2008, 12:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Interior help/advice (Frickr)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Frickr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i think all vinyl looks tacky. but thats just me. now some nice soft tweed wouldnt look to bad. in the market place i guess there is a guy selling kits for them.</TD></TR></TABLE>I was thinking because the seats are leather, to do vinyl. So you think I sould do tweed on the door panels and have black s2k seats, what should I do about the back seats?
Old 08-20-2008, 01:03 PM

if it were me doing it, i would get some leather to match the front seats and find a shop to recover your rear seat to match then take a little extra and do the door panels too. but thats me.

i want to do some black and red stitch type r racaro's then have the rear done tomatch and get racaro stitched in also.
Old 08-20-2008, 02:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Interior help/advice (Frickr)

that is what i was planning on doing. becasue the s2k seats have like holes inthe middle section so do the same to the rear seats. make them match up clean.
Old 09-13-2008, 11:48 PM

if you want a clean look, this is what i did with my integra (before it was stolen) was to buy some black rsx leather rear seats. The rsx leather is perforated like the s2000, so the back and front seats match up exactly like you had bought the car stock with it. The only problem you run into is that the rear seats dont match up to be mounted and that they are thicker than stock. What i did was cut away the foam until it matches the foam of the integra/civic seat, dremel off the metal mounts, made my own mount with clothe hanger and tied it to the frame of the seat, and then mount the rear seat down with the stock screw. I also tied it down at the front with some cables that loop back to the stock mount bolt.