Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Interesting Issue with VSS on B16a2 Swapped EG Hatch.

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 09:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interesting Issue with VSS on B16a2 Swapped EG Hatch.

Ok, I did a little work with the search button attempting to find a reason for this but have yet to find a answer for the problem. I have also taken a look threw a FSM in a attempt to make the car work properly. Here is the issue.

I currently have a 93cx in my shop that we did a engine swap on. The engine came out of one of our road racing cars which worked extreamly well. No codes, no problems the car ran flawlessly and won several races. The car we put the engine into however had some issues before we started the project. One of those problems was a Speedo that didn't work. At the time I blamed it on a bad VSS in the cars stock transmission. We went threw the work to move the b16a2 (obd1) out of the race car and into this one. At the same time we swapped from a JDM harness to the USDM harness that came with the cars stock engine. Adding the wires we needed to for Vtec. We got the car running fine but we still don't have a working speedo. I checked the plug a little closer and noticed it was all corroded. So I simply cut another connector off a extra harness we had sitting around. wired it up. Still nothing.. The black wire coming off the plug also seemed to be burnt inside the sheath. So I then attempted to direct wire the Yellow/Blue wire directly back to B10 on the ECU and direct wired the black wire to the negative terminal at the battery. Still nothing.. Anyone have a idea about what the problem could be ?

Other then this the car works great, its throwing a O2 Sensor code but I am thinking that one of my co-workers just messed up the wiring on the jumper harness he built for it. I would really like to go home but I don't want to release the car without the ability to hit Vtec on the way home. I don't have the stuff here to just chip the ECU and have it work.

Mike
Old 04-12-2008, 10:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

did u check ur fuse if it's blown. check ur alternator fuse, that's the one for the VSS and the alternator, i believe it's fuse #15. also are u sure the speedo work as well?