Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Integra-Civic swap questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2014, 06:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Integra-Civic swap questions

When I have had a chance I have been reading tons of info on swapping a b18c and other parts into a civic. I have read tons of conflicting info and have some questions and hope you all don't mind and might have some straight forward answers.
I own a 1997 Honda Civic hatch dx that is worn out in every aspect.
Just purchased a 1998 Acura Integra gsr to part out.

Here are my questions..
1 Will all the suspension front and rear fit into my civic? Acura has decent coilovers and all of the suspension is in great shape plus the civic doesn't have sway bars and I would like to have some on it. I have read yes everything will be a direct bolt in but also read that it will throw off my suspension angles.

2 Will the dash from the Acura fit into my Civic? I have read yes and no and wondering if it is possible. I am a fabricator by trade but would be nice if it was somewhat a direct bolt in.(My dash is thrashed from vandalism) Also has someone tried to install the steering column and if so what was the problem with the fit? I wonder if it is too long if I could hybrid it with the Civic column to be able to work.

3 Will all the Ac lines, pumps, condenser, etc fit from the Acura? I commute 100 miles a day and it would be nice to have in the summer.

4 While looking into the engine mounts would it be better to buy the whole swap kit for $300 or go after the SI motor mounts? Do the aftermarket mounts vibrate badly?

5 If I put the brakes from the Integra that has ABS will it be a problem without the ABS unit in my car. I read all the proportion valves are the same on all Honda's. This accurate?

Pretty much I am going to try to use as much as I can from the Acura and sell the rest to try to get some of my money back. The reason I am fixing up the Honda is because I inherited it from my younger brother and I am the car guy of the family so they all wanted me to have it, so I am building it in memory of him. This is my first Honda build so please go easy on me. I am hoping to get this all swapped out in a weekend if possible. Also if you have any tips on this swap I would highly appreciate it. Thank you in advance
Old 02-10-2014, 07:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Re: Integra-Civic swap questions

1:The fronts will bolt in fine the rears no afaik you'd need spacers(washers) to make them snug.

2:No not without ALOT of work and money

3:yes the onlything I'm not 100% on is the lines doesn't your car have ac tho ?

4: it's easier if they're all the same age so one doesn't wear faster then an another, depends on the rating 62A will be fine after that no it becomes annoying I have 75A's in my track car and even then it's annoying.

5:nope not the case they're different there's a chart someone posted but I forget who just us the integra BMC the dx one is horribly small.

patience.... you'll need it the first time over luckily both are OBD2A 96-98 so I won't bother going into the differences.
Old 02-12-2014, 04:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Integra-Civic swap questions

Thank you for your response. My car doesn't have ac but found out I can modify the lines to work. I found a local tuning shop that answered most of my questions and offered some other ideas also.