Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Installing Stanley fogs

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2006, 06:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing Stanley fogs

I just got my stanley fog lights in and began to read through the FAQ article on how to install the depot style lights, and i began to notice that these are not even close to the same setup. Can anyone help me out, i am missing the wire that goes from the front of the car to the interior. I didnt know if that wire had to be made or not, the FAQ didnt specify. Thanks in advance.
Old 12-27-2006, 10:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Installing Stanley fogs (flyingduck04)

You need to run a wire from the fog harness to the switch harness through the firewall.
Old 12-27-2006, 10:11 PM

on what kind of car?
Old 12-27-2006, 11:03 PM
Global Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There are two different types of harness's..

Did you read the write up from ''jdmlyfestyle''?

If you did and your saying you don't have the same harness as him means you have the ''esuse'' wiring harness..

Let me know and check out

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1800291

Pm me with any other questions..
Old 12-28-2006, 06:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Installing Stanley fogs (ridin98civic)

Car is a 95 civic coupe, the plug that jdmlifestyle plugged into his fuse box, i have two of those instead of one, and my relay is on this same harness rather that on the harness that comes from the foglights, here is a pic if it helps
Old 12-28-2006, 06:32 AM
Global Moderator

Alright.. In the fuse panel there should be five slots for those two plugs to go into.. they go in the #2 and the #5 slot.
Old 12-28-2006, 06:35 AM
Davis Photography

how many harness' do you have in total? when i got my fogs i had two. one had the relay for the inside of the car, and the second one was for wiring it to the front bumper and an electric plug by the windshield washer resivoir. although i idid it on my EJ.

this is everything you should have gotten:

if you didnt get some stuff then you need to return it or w/e to get the right stuff.

Modified by DrewMD at 9:46 AM 12/28/2006
Old 12-28-2006, 07:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Jimmy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jimmy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Alright.. In the fuse panel there should be five slots for those two plugs to go into.. they go in the #2 and the #5 slot.</TD></TR></TABLE>

this is correct. also on the wire your missing. run a wire from the clip at the fog light harness into the firewall and connect it to this wire. blue/red or blue/orange cant remember but it will be the only wire not connected. and if this is a jdm harness you can run your fogs with only the parking lights on.

Old 12-28-2006, 07:27 AM

if you dont have the wiring...why dont you order one from passwordjdm?
Old 12-28-2006, 07:32 AM
Global Moderator

Default Re: (SexyEgSix)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SexyEgSix &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if you dont have the wiring...why dont you order one from passwordjdm?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Why don't you dig your head out of your *** and re read the thread.
Old 12-28-2006, 12:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (cxSHOE)

these are the jdm ones
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cxSHOE &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> and if this is a jdm harness you can run your fogs with only the parking lights on. </TD></TR></TABLE>
Is this a good thing? , also do i just need to cut the connector off of the foglight harness and then off of the last remaining plug and just hook them up with a peice of wire in between?
Old 12-28-2006, 05:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (cxSHOE)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cxSHOE &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">and if this is a jdm harness you can run your fogs with only the parking lights on. </TD></TR></TABLE>

not true
if you wire the white white wired plug into the A spot and the other plug to the E spot in the interior fuse box, the fogs will be on when the switch is on and the car is in ACC/RUN, see this diagram

also do you have the engine bay harness? you don't have it in that picture, if you have that entire harness then every thing is plug and play, with the brown plug at the end of the engine bay harness plugging straight into the other brown plug that doesn't go in the fuse box, with the green plug going to the switch
Old 12-28-2006, 06:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (2coupes)

I dont have the engine bay harness, just the interior harness and the harness for the fogs themselves, that is where i am stuck at.
Old 12-28-2006, 06:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (flyingduck04)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by flyingduck04 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">these are the jdm ones

Is this a good thing? , also do i just need to cut the connector off of the foglight harness and then off of the last remaining plug and just hook them up with a peice of wire in between? </TD></TR></TABLE>

dont cut anything off. just put a female connector on the wires and connect them. you want to keep this thing as oem as possible incase you decide to sell, besides theres no need to cut the connectors.

Old 12-28-2006, 06:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2coupes &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

not true
if you wire the white white wired plug into the A spot and the other plug to the E spot in the interior fuse box, the fogs will be on when the switch is on and the car is in ACC/RUN, see this diagram

</TD></TR></TABLE>

hummm i never tried this. i have the jdm version and putting the wires in the correct #2 and #5 slots works. and using the usdm and putting those wires in the #2 and #5 slots did not make the fogs go on with parking lights on.

but if it works then cool
Old 12-28-2006, 06:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by flyingduck04 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I dont have the engine bay harness, just the interior harness and the harness for the fogs themselves, that is where i am stuck at. </TD></TR></TABLE>

do you just have the pigtails on the fog plugs? because the engine bay harness is the fog harness

if you don't have anything but the pigtails, you can still buy the engine bay fog harness from http://www.hondapartsdeals.com for a low price, and not have to cut anything or splice anything

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cxSHOE &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hummm i never tried this. i have the jdm version and putting the wires in the correct #2 and #5 slots works. and using the usdm and putting those wires in the #2 and #5 slots did not make the fogs go on with parking lights on.

but if it works then cool </TD></TR></TABLE>

i also have the jdm version, real stanley, they won't come on with the car off and the city lights on, but they come on with the switch on and the car on, it's hard to explain, here's more pics
fogs only, wired in the E fuse spot

city lights and fogs

headlights and fogs, low beam

headlights and fogs, high beam

Old 12-28-2006, 07:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2coupes &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i also have the jdm version, real stanley, they won't come on with the car off and the city lights on, but they come on with the switch on and the car on, it's hard to explain, here's more pics
fogs only, wired in the E fuse spot

</TD></TR></TABLE>

yea mine come on with the key turned to acc aswell. same as yours but in the correct #2 and #5 slots. and i tried the usdm and it didnt work. im going to have to see about the e fuse spot... my cars been on jack stands for over a year so havent messed around but pretty cool
Old 12-29-2006, 05:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2coupes &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

do you just have the pigtails on the fog plugs? because the engine bay harness is the fog harness</TD></TR></TABLE>
Yeah, i just have two harnesses, and they are not even close to long enough to reach each other. I am just wondering how i need to run a wire from the fog harness to the interior harness.
Old 12-29-2006, 07:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by flyingduck04 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yeah, i just have two harnesses, and they are not even close to long enough to reach each other. I am just wondering how i need to run a wire from the fog harness to the interior harness.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i think you just answered your own question
Old 12-29-2006, 10:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

right, but how, just cut the pigtails off and slice, because i dont have another cable with the male end pigtails.
Old 12-29-2006, 10:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

post a pic of the engine bay fog harness, that'll help explain it
Old 12-30-2006, 10:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

my camera is busted, but here is the only pic that i could get.

The brown clip at the bottom of the pic is where my problem is, it has a groundind clip and that pigtail and thats it. Then i have the interior harness.
Old 12-30-2006, 10:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

the brown plug in that pic^ plugs directly into the brown plug on the other harness that doesn't plug into the fuse box in this pic

no splicing needed, that's the entire harness, you're not missing any pieces, it's plug and play
Old 12-30-2006, 12:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Installing Stanley fogs (2coupes)

it isnt long enought, but both wires are blue/red, so i guess i am just gonna run a peice between the two and put connectors on both ends.
Old 12-30-2006, 01:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Installing Stanley fogs

You have an existing blue/red wire already in your car that run from the firewall to the engine bay right the driver side corner light. I have a 94 dx hatch and it had it and all the civics that i see have it also. In the engine bay. look right by the the windshield reservoir. there should be a wire blue taped to a bunch of wires. The wire had a female connector on it. Under the dash if you look all the way up in the corner. you should see a brown connector blue taped on a bunch of wires. should be right under the vin tag. I bought the jdm yellow fogs too with the interior harness and the fog harness and it comes on with my parking lights.

Quick Reply: Installing Stanley fogs