Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Installed My Engine Torque Damper Decided TO Review...

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2006, 08:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (spoon_ferio)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by spoon_ferio &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I wonder how the NRG Innovation's damper is That one is only $80.</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by prwil3030 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I heard Ingalls is the best one out there so far. For $75 is not bad, the torque damper work good, but the bracket design really sucks. My opinion, if you are going to have it for a ek with a b16, dont buy unless you have skills to modify the bracket. </TD></TR></TABLE>
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by prwil3030 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

That's the one I bought, damper works buy the bracket desing suckssss. Up to you!!!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

The quality NRG sounds low... when i buy something i expect it to work fit and last... the one i have might be a little bit more but i feel the quality is very good thus far...

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turnsignalandy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">do engine torwue dampers worsen the ride? Caue more vibration?</TD></TR></TABLE>

not that much a little more than stock but if you are in a lowered car or a car with slightly more aggresive suspension i doubt you would even notice after a day or two.. took me about two days to not even notice..
Old 06-03-2006, 08:01 AM
MiG-21 superfan

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (turnsignalandy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turnsignalandy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">do engine torwue dampers worsen the ride? Caue more vibration?</TD></TR></TABLE>

no, but they do improve your grammer and typing! haha, jk : P

on a serious note: slightly, with stock mounts. IMO, with inserts or hard mounts, it does add a bit more harshness, but the performance gains are worth it....

if you have a good suspension and stiff chassis, it's nothing you aren't dealing with already.

ingalls stiffy

oc_civic

Modified by builthatch at 5:00 PM 6/3/2006
Old 06-03-2006, 10:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (builthatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by builthatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">oc_civic

</TD></TR></TABLE>

watch it.. lol

more like

oc_civic

i mean its not like im showing some "v racing" wing or anything like that..
Old 06-03-2006, 10:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (oc_civic)

What about full engine bay pics?
Old 06-03-2006, 12:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (cambopheonix56)

weather has been shitty but i will DEF get you some asap...
Old 06-03-2006, 01:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (turnsignalandy)

Is it worth it if you have Hasport mounts? They're already damn stiff.
Old 06-03-2006, 01:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have one too.
FYI buy a nrg one from nopi.com
SAME EXACT THING as the ingalls, but i paid like 45 bucks
Old 06-08-2006, 12:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I enjoy the sh*t outta my torque damper, no more wheel hop for me, I just spin now (in a turbo b16). I would recommend this product for sure. I didn't notice anymore vibrations then i already had on stock motor mounts. I've had it for over a year too and it seems to be working just fine and the fit and finish was great. Heres an engine pic.

Old 06-08-2006, 03:40 AM
GarageAlchemist

Default Re: (ChewiSi)

just for kicks i went to the store and brought my ebay engine damper i got for 48$ shipped, and the Ingalls to compare.. brought my electric scale and weighed each one.

one was heaver by 1/10th of a gram.

SAME FRIGGING PRODUCT.

Modified by GarageAlchemist at 5:10 AM 6/8/2006
Old 06-08-2006, 04:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (GarageAlchemist)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GarageAlchemist &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">just for kicks i went to the store and brought my ebay engine damper i got for 48$ shipped, and the Ingalls to compare.. brought my electric scale and weighed each one.

one was heaver by 1/10th of a gram.

SAME FRIGGING PRODUCT.

Modified by GarageAlchemist at 5:10 AM 6/8/2006</TD></TR></TABLE>

YEP!
I even argued this with a shop who said "they helped engineer the product"

everyone should know, there are large manufacturers who make these products, and companies just buy and sell them with their own label stamped on them.

Old 06-08-2006, 06:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (igo4bmx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by builthatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">no, but they do improve your grammer and typing! haha, jk : P
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Grammar?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by igo4bmx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">YEP!
I even argued this with a shop who said "they helped engineer the product"

everyone should know, there are large manufacturers who make these products, and companies just buy and sell them with their own label stamped on them.</TD></TR></TABLE>

This goes for a ton of **** too... suspensons for example.
Old 06-08-2006, 06:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Grip King)

Rather spend the extra $ to ensure I am getting a quality product. If there is one thing I learned, do not cheap out.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Grip King &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
This goes for a ton of **** too... suspensons for example.</TD></TR></TABLE>

So are you saying the eBay coilovers are the same as lets say, Omni's?
Old 06-08-2006, 06:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (cambopheonix56)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cambopheonix56 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Rather spend the extra $ to ensure I am getting a quality product. If there is one thing I learned, do not cheap out.

So are you saying the eBay coilovers are the same as lets say, Omni's?</TD></TR></TABLE>

not necessarily, but look at the shock housing of omnipower, ksport, d2, and a couple others.....
Old 06-09-2006, 07:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (GarageAlchemist)

sorry but just because something weighs the same does not mean it is equal qaulity.. get what you like.. i prefer to get things i know are made or distributed by reputable companies if NOT for the product itself but for knowing that SHOULD i have a problem it will be dealt with.. autometer for example i know.. not the most expensive out there but definately not the cheapest has some of the sickest customer service ive EVER dealt with.. My experience with Ingalls was the same.. excellent customer service bending over backwards to address my every concern.. do what you like.. but when it comes to my car i will only select that whcih i KNOW to be quality.. and that which i know has a company that will stand behind said product.. and i feel thats what companies like Ingalls bring to the table in ADDITION to an excellent piece of equipment.. just my preference i guess.. do what you like..
Old 06-09-2006, 08:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by oc_civic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">sorry but just because something weighs the same does not mean it is equal qaulity.. get what you like.. i prefer to get things i know are made or distributed by reputable companies if NOT for the product itself but for knowing that SHOULD i have a problem it will be dealt with.. autometer for example i know.. not the most expensive out there but definately not the cheapest has some of the sickest customer service ive EVER dealt with.. My experience with Ingalls was the same.. excellent customer service bending over backwards to address my every concern.. do what you like.. but when it comes to my car i will only select that whcih i KNOW to be quality.. and that which i know has a company that will stand behind said product.. and i feel thats what companies like Ingalls bring to the table in ADDITION to an excellent piece of equipment.. just my preference i guess.. do what you like.. </TD></TR></TABLE>

just wondering, how did you know they were quality before buying it.
my nrg fits PERFECT, not even the slightest need to force it on or something
Old 06-09-2006, 08:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (igo4bmx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by igo4bmx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

just wondering, how did you know they were quality before buying it.
my nrg fits PERFECT, not even the slightest need to force it on or something</TD></TR></TABLE>

the same way i trust say apex over "m1 performance"... word of mouth from people i trust.. and sometimes experience.. i am in NO position to give you any tech data that disputes them being similar products.. im simply stating that i would prefer to buy brembo brakes over "gripforce f1" brakes.. there is nothing wrong with saving money and ****.. but typically i try to only shop with companies that i trust.. if nrg for example is a company you are confident in then thats cool.. but even in this thread some negative comments of that product have surfaced.. to me they are hear say as i have no first hand experience with the nrg one.. i went with ingalls and am very happy with it.. thats the only real point of this thread.. it was not to debate a subject based on opinion.. because the reality is without a complete independant documented tear down there is really no way to say they are identical.. another thing to CONSIDER is maybe the nrg had a bracket change.. that would account for SOME people stating they had issues and others NOT having that issue.. at the end of the day the choice is yours.. im just passing on my positive experience with a company and product..
Old 06-10-2006, 12:48 PM
MiG-21 superfan

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by oc_civic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

the same way i trust say apex over "m1 performance"... word of mouth from people i trust.. and sometimes experience.. i am in NO position to give you any tech data that disputes them being similar products.. im simply stating that i would prefer to buy brembo brakes over "gripforce f1" brakes.. there is nothing wrong with saving money and ****.. but typically i try to only shop with companies that i trust.. if nrg for example is a company you are confident in then thats cool.. but even in this thread some negative comments of that product have surfaced.. to me they are hear say as i have no first hand experience with the nrg one.. i went with ingalls and am very happy with it.. thats the only real point of this thread.. it was not to debate a subject based on opinion.. because the reality is without a complete independant documented tear down there is really no way to say they are identical.. another thing to CONSIDER is maybe the nrg had a bracket change.. that would account for SOME people stating they had issues and others NOT having that issue.. at the end of the day the choice is yours.. im just passing on my positive experience with a company and product.. </TD></TR></TABLE>

well said.

the fact is honda-tech in its present state is thick with keyboard warriors who will turn anything into a debate that leaks at the seams with toxic negativity; the underlying bad attitude on this board rivals that on forums notorious for being inundated with elitist psuedo-articulates; forums such as VWVORTEX...

anyway, current H-T SOA rants aside-

good review on a good product.
Old 06-10-2006, 12:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Good review and install. My stock mounts are shot. Probably look into one of these at some point as well as new mounts/inserts.
Old 06-10-2006, 01:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by builthatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

well said.

the fact is honda-tech in its present state is thick with keyboard warriors who will turn anything into a debate that leaks at the seams with toxic negativity; the underlying bad attitude on this board rivals that on forums notorious for being inundated with elitist psuedo-articulates; forums such as VWVORTEX...

anyway, current H-T SOA rants aside-

good review on a good product.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i dont mind the debate.. the discussion has actually been pretty civil.. lol especially for honda tech
Old 06-10-2006, 01:27 PM

Looks link i may have to invest in one of these... Great writeup!
Old 08-01-2006, 10:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Lmgrcivic)

<FONT COLOR="green">

I have a 00 civic..
wanted to know if I can use the same damper while rocking d or b series in my civic? or do i have to buy a different one

</FONT>