Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Innovative Mounts from PW:JDM

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 06:36 PM
SlowCivic29

Default Innovative Mounts from PW:JDM

Hey to all h-t members. My names Ron, i've been reading here for a while now, but never registered. This is a great place to learn new things (once you have sifted through all the useless bickering and argueing, but i guess that is everywhere you go) and get help with getting your car together.

So I pointed my parents to the site and they ordered "black" without reading up on the hardnesses. Installed them tonight and holy **** that is a lot of vibrations and rattling. Thats gunna make me drive the car into a phone pole soon. How have others successfully stopped all the noise from the vibrations? The shaking doesnt bother me, but if i can just get the noise to go away!
i usually listen to my Pioneer radio around 28. I had it at 38 and i could still her ratteling.
I was thinking maybe a piece of rubber at the all metal to metal mounting points. But somehow i don't think that will work. Perhaps if somebody has tried to remedy the noise before and know of all the rattle spots? So far ive cut out the back plastic panel under the rear window. it was driving me nuts, i took it out, which is way too much work just for that, and put some deadening foam stuff in there and put it back tegether and it was still rattling like crap so i got it out instead of going through all the work, it's just retarded how honda assembles some stuff.
Old 01-09-2007, 07:57 PM
SlowCivic29

Some one please? Somebody has to have gone through this before! TIA.
Old 01-09-2007, 08:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (SlowCivic29)

Here's what I know.

-You point your parents to a website and they bought you something you now don't like.
-Your sig says you sold your car "back" to your parents after it went through trannys

My suggestion would be to point your parents to a different website and tell them to buy you whatever will fix the problem. In this case, stock motor mounts.
Old 01-09-2007, 08:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (stealthmode62)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by stealthmode62 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Here's what I know.

-You point your parents to a website and they bought you something you now don't like.
-Your sig says you sold your car "back" to your parents after it went through trannys

My suggestion would be to point your parents to a different website and tell them to buy you whatever will fix the problem. In this case, stock motor mounts. </TD></TR></TABLE>

true story
Old 01-10-2007, 02:34 AM
SlowCivic29

so you are stock mounts is the only way to get rid of noise? I wish every once in a while an intelligent answer would be given, not a smart assed comment like pretty much 92% of the replies on here. Some of you deserve to get kicked hard in the ***** so you can't pass your genes down yet another generation...
Old 01-10-2007, 04:11 AM

It may have been a smart *** remark but it was the truth. You buy stiff mounts you get engine vibrations. You want no vibrations and a comfortable ride? Don't buy performance parts. It's an honest answer.
Old 01-10-2007, 04:12 AM

Thats one way to not get your question answered.
Old 01-10-2007, 04:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Innovative Mounts from PW:JDM (SlowCivic29)

the vibrations are because its firm and the engine is in there less movement and whatnot.. if you upgrade your car for performance take the luxury equation out or spend extra money to keep that option.. just deal with it or remove everysingle bit of plastic until the rattling goes away but the vibrations are staying
Old 01-10-2007, 05:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

any performace mount is gonna vibrate and make noises inside the cabin you just have to fine where the little sounds are coming from and making it so it dont make noise
Old 01-10-2007, 07:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (hatch-E-vanish)

Ill buy em if you dont want them
Old 01-10-2007, 07:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (highrev1987)

get a louder motor... I suggest a k20a with open header
Old 01-10-2007, 07:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Am I imagining this or is the Trial user here talking smack. This guy should get banned for snapping. We don't need another hot head on this site.
Old 01-10-2007, 07:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Ive had those exact mounts in my old EG, and they arent that bad, i think your over exagerating a little. True, when your car is cold at first, you do have some dash rattle, but when the motor is at operating temp its not near as noticable. Id just keep them. if and when you get your motor putting down a decent amount of power, your going to want them anyway.
Old 01-10-2007, 07:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Innovative Mounts from PW:JDM (SlowCivic29)

start holding pieces in your car tight to see if you can get rid of it then fix the rattle. i found out mine was my steering colum cover and the the dash insert for the radio. and i have a little rattle from by my hatch and that can be fixed with some new clips and tightening of screws to make it go away.
Old 01-10-2007, 02:18 PM
SlowCivic29

I guess i'm going to hold onto them. It makes the shifts much more crisp too. If any body has a link to a site that shows common rattle spots in the car, could I please get a link?

Thanks go to robble 36, hatch-E-vanish, cybergreencivic, and SOHC_EK for being constructive in your posts.
Old 01-10-2007, 02:50 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SlowCivic29 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Thanks go to robble 36, hatch-E-vanish, cybergreencivic, and SOHC_EK for being constructive in your posts.</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by stealthmode62 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

My suggestion would be to point your parents to a different website and tell them to buy you whatever will fix the problem. In this case, stock motor mounts. </TD></TR></TABLE>

You forgot me. You're welcome.