Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 06:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Injector Resistor Box Question

Car-1994 Civic EX coupe
Engine- d16z6, t25 turbo, dsm 450cc injectors
ECU-p28 chipped with crome, base map for 450's and 10 psi

ok so i went to my friend's house to finish helping him turbo his car, the last thing to do was put the injector resistor box in which i did assuming the pin location's for the dead end plug on the shock tower would be the same as my 92 civic. we started the car up and the fuel pressure gauge clocked completely around to an astronomical amount of fuel pressure. Apparently, he started the car a couple days ago with no resistor box and he said the fuel pressure was fine and the car ran alright however he didnt drive it. But that also kind of worries me because he said he let it idle for around 4 minutes and it "just flooded itself and shut off" but it would start again after sitting for a few minutes. I tried to adjust his B&M fuel pressure regulator to bring the fuel pressure back down to where it should be but to no avail....right now he is running to his uncles to get a stock FPR to see if that helps but im not positive it isnt a problem with the resistor box. So what do you guys think might be the problem? FPR? Resistor Box? ECU?

some notes about my wiring:
when i wired the 4 wires that go to the resistor box i taped them up seperately, in the dead end plug they are all connected by the cap, could this be causing the problem? my friend put my resistor box in my 92 LX while i wired the injector clips so i really wasnt paying attention and conveiniently me and that kid aren't really friends anymore (long story)

thanks fellas