Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

import auto tour; a joke?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2002, 05:31 PM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default import auto tour; a joke?

What do you think about speedvision's import auto tour?

It seems as if they are showing the most stupid riced out peices of s***!

What is up with the anouncers, they are about the biggest idiots who don't have a clue.

If you like the rice that they show that is you choice, but why not show some that are more "JDM" like or more clean looking.
Old 01-10-2002, 05:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: import auto tour; a joke? (lowdiscrew)

Um speedvision isnt a car show its a straight up racing. Those cars are the way they are (stickers for example) because theyre sponsored by the people listed in their cars. Thats not rice. And people please dont start another "What is rice debate" because its getting really old.
Old 01-10-2002, 05:57 PM

Default Re: import auto tour; a joke? (TheFLY)

no, he means the Mother's import auto tour which is on speedvision and yes, it is very gay. Altezza and bling bling chome apc garbage is all that's on there. And the hosts should be shot. It's unfortunate that it's the only part of the import scene that a lot of people see.
Old 01-10-2002, 06:53 PM
Trial User

Default Re: import auto tour; a joke? (cplessl)

just look at my sig.
Old 01-10-2002, 08:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: import auto tour; a joke? (hybridkid)

Brian Fox wont be back next year. Someone on the Hybrid board emailed the company that does the show and they replied "...and Mr. Fox will not be returning next season."

Brian
-not Fox
Old 01-10-2002, 08:20 PM

Um speedvision isnt a car show its a straight up racing. Those cars are the way they are (stickers for example) because theyre sponsored by the people listed in their cars. Thats not rice. And people please dont start another "What is rice debate" because its getting really old.
He's not talking about the Touring, GT, Rally, or anything RACE related, he was only referring to the import auto tour.

I have yet to see one car on that show who's owner put more into the performance of the car than the dress-ups. Brian Fox is the biggest jackass stunna of them all. The guy plugs F&F into almost every other sentence.

[Modified by maxim, 11:21 PM 1/10/2002]
Old 01-10-2002, 09:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: import auto tour; a joke? (maxim)

that's the only show i hate from speedvision ....

DTM WRC TCC F1 ......
Old 01-11-2002, 01:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: import auto tour; a joke? (BAR-F1)

ROFL..LOL omg .. u guys have read my freaking mind .. everytime I even see the mothers import show .. I say to myself lets see just how bad they can make Import cars.. or cars in general look .. and man Brian FOX is the #1 STUNNA .. of my *** =x I'm glad there booting him man .. and why don't they do shows at like Import Hoeoff or HIN at least u might see less Ghost Graphics and some actually decent Rims and Paint schemes.. anyway I'm ranting
Old 01-11-2002, 01:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: import auto tour; a joke? (cplessl)

My Bad

no, he means the Mother's import auto tour which is on speedvision and yes, it is very gay. Altezza and bling bling chome apc garbage is all that's on there. And the hosts should be shot. It's unfortunate that it's the only part of the import scene that a lot of people see.
Old 01-11-2002, 01:52 AM
New User

Hey, I was on that show! LOL! In 2000, they interviewed me at the Nopi Nats. It was not my car that was featured, but a friends car. They were not around, so I got the interview.

And their was 1 car that was more performance than looks. It was built by another person that I know, and also filmed in 2000. It was a 1989 Civic HB. It had a LS block that was punched out, a CRV head, JE high compression pistons, nitrous oxide, and ran on nitro methane.

However, you guys are right, most of the **** on their is just that. ****.
Old 01-11-2002, 07:35 AM
New User

Default Re: import auto tour; a joke? (Big James)

why do you people all have to hate on these guys doing the ghost graphics, the apc parts and the all show/no go cars.. if thats what they like so be it..

btw, i drive a 12 second civic w/ stock exterier and no huge exhaust tip
Old 01-11-2002, 07:49 AM
New User

Default Re: import auto tour; a joke? (brian b)

why do you people all have to hate on these guys doing the ghost graphics, the apc parts and the all show/no go cars.. if thats what they like so be it..
I actually like show cars. I do not watch the show often, but from what I have seen, I do not care for the style.
Old 01-11-2002, 05:18 PM
Trial User

Default Re: import auto tour; a joke? (brian b)

I appreciate the show cars, but the way they cover them on speedvision just seems stupid. Wish it was more technically oriented with focus on body work paint and chasis work as some of the show cars put a huge amount of resources into them, not just the parts that bolt on, like the new civic they featured with all the apc stuff.
Alkso wish they had better drag race coverage, that would be great and give some crediabliity to the tour. What wouls be better is if the show was more like a best motoring or options video....
Old 01-11-2002, 06:20 PM

Default Re: import auto tour; a joke? (mps9506)

Sorry to break the news to some of you but SpeedVision as we currently know it will end in a few short weeks for the new rebirth of Speed Channel on Feb 4th. As part of the Fox NASCAR network I would assume many shows will be dropped for increased coverage of NASCAR events. They still will cover other races, Le Mans, ALMS, CART, WRX and Grand AM to name a few but NASCAR will be the main deal. Hopefully they will still have F1 races but for those fans of the Rolex 24 I don't think they will be covering it wire to wire as they have in the past.

If motorsports mundial and DTM coverage gets lost in the transition I'm gonna be mad!!!!
Old 01-12-2002, 12:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: import auto tour; a joke? (Civic242)

stupid fox .. buying out speedvision .. stupid ovals ... stupid nascar ... i try to watch it one time tring to get use to it ... and i fall asleep on the couch ....

If motorsports mundial and DTM coverage gets lost in the transition I'm gonna be mad!!!!
gotta keep WRC too .... more then 100 along side of cliffes ...
F1 .. dont care much .. in canada .. TSN covers it and use british commentators better then the speedvision in house commentators...
DTM is the best ... door to door racing ...

rolex 24 highlights from it are enough ... let hope panoz kick some *** .. why i like them .. cuz they are different ... engine in the front ...

lemans .. GOTTA keep that ... i stay up 24 hours for the past 4 years to watch that ... and i tape every year .. my parent say i am crazy .... my sister think i am stupid ...

[Modified by BAR-F1, 9:22 AM 1/12/2002]
Old 01-12-2002, 01:41 PM
Trial User

Default Re: import auto tour; a joke? (BAR-F1)

Yeah that dude has no idea what he is talking about at all. He goes to name a car and walks up to it an calls a prelude an accord all kinds of stupid ****. That guy needs to quit for his own sake. Everyone who doesn't know about the import scene would see that and think god imports are retarted. I really hate to see speedvision go down. There is nothing i hate more then nascar, that **** gets on my nerves. Road racing it where it's at for me. Oval track it just dorky, why would anyone want to ride around in a circle for 500 laps mean wtf. Sorry, i really hate nascar it takes over the air time of everything i want to see. Every freaking sports channel covers nascar while hardly any cover touring car ect.... like speedvision does on occation. Oh well nothing much we can do about it. LATer..
Old 01-12-2002, 04:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: import auto tour; a joke? (Civic242)

hey, this is kinda funny...

http://www.noright.com/