Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

I'm tired of fiberglass fornt ends need helping finding urethane!

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2003, 12:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm tired of fiberglass fornt ends need helping finding urethane!

I love the look of my showoff front end on my 93 civic Si but i have had it repaired and painted twice already and it's needing it again. I'm sick of the fiber glass. Most of the common urethane kits out there are just played out or i don't like the looks to much.

Any suggestions of places to find urethane kits other then the common blitz, buddy club, xenon, wings west, kamanari. would be great especially if they have websites so i can take a look.

Any places to check out some import kits like i've heardin magazines from australia and japan but can never seem to find them to take a look would be great to

I wish i could get the showoff in urethane.
Old 03-14-2003, 04:20 AM

Default Re: I'm tired of fiberglass fornt ends need helping finding urethane! (93TurboSi)

urethane sucks,it sags after a year or so,makes your car look like it has a droppy diaper,just quit hitting **** with bumper and youll be fine,mines fiberglass,been fine for over 3 years just the way it is.
Old 03-14-2003, 06:19 AM

Default Re: I'm tired of fiberglass fornt ends need helping finding urethane! (civictypenos)

lol my suggestion would be oem ALL DA WAY... lips n such...but
urethane > fiberglass anyday.
Old 03-14-2003, 06:46 AM

Default Re: I'm tired of fiberglass fornt ends need helping finding urethane! (ctrjoe)

heh i never had any problem with my wings west agressor, heh i know rice but whatever i liked it and the chicks in my town liked it aswell
Old 03-14-2003, 04:30 PM

Default Re: I'm tired of fiberglass fornt ends need helping finding urethane! (civictypenos)

the only thing urethane i've ever seen sag was some cheapo universal wings on ricemobiles around town. I have had the xenon rear end for a while now and know people with quality urethane kits that don't sag. I know a guy with the xenon kit that backed into a parking bariicade and mushed the whole bumper in and he just took it off and laid it in the sun at it just went back to its old shape like nothing had ever happened to it.

As far as not hitting **** i don't really and i only have my car lowered like 1.8" on eibach sportlines but i still scrape the front end on steep hiegt changes no matter how slow i go and it eventually just cracks up the whole bottom.

plus even the smallest road debris chips the surface right off and you can see the little white gel coats specs shining through.
Old 03-14-2003, 06:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I'm tired of fiberglass fornt ends need helping finding urethane! (93TurboSi)

if you live on the mainland, try asylumms.com, they got fiberglass and urethane. if you dont like anything on there, try GTP's site, but i dunno the exact address for that one. i like the look of the showoffs too. it would be a shame to get rid of it, you could just park it and drive it once a week as i do.
Old 03-14-2003, 07:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I'm tired of fiberglass fornt ends need helping finding urethane! (FlatlineLemon)

stay stock..
Old 03-14-2003, 07:25 PM

Default Re: I'm tired of fiberglass fornt ends need helping finding urethane! (Peagreenhatch)

stock
Old 03-14-2003, 07:55 PM

Default Re: I'm tired of fiberglass fornt ends need helping finding urethane! (JSPECEX)

the xennon kit is the one i saw sagging,it was the rear piece that i remember sagging rear bad,it turned me off of the kits quick,plus i used to have a urethane kit also,the sides sagged till i screwed them up from underneath,and they were heavy as ****.
Old 03-14-2003, 08:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

urethane sucks,it sags after a year or so
yeah, i used to have a Tsunami T2000 bodykit, made out of polyurethane, and the front bumper started sagging at the sides. wasn't noticeable unless you really looked at it, but when you got close, you could see the mounts sagging, and they looked like they were about to break off.