Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Im thinking twice about turbocharging my EM1 99SI...help me decide.

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2003, 11:31 AM
iwantaz

Default Im thinking twice about turbocharging my EM1 99SI...help me decide.

Well I have about 4 grand saved up and im really tired of being slow. My friend is hooking me up with a good deal on a custom turbo kit. Turbonetic T3/T4, Tial WG, Spearco IC, HKS SSQV, RC Injectors, Custom DP and Piping, Hondata S200 W/boost option fine tuned by him for a 3150. My friend gets all this crap wholesale so he's my dog and hooking me up. Anyways I really really really want a Z badly what is better
1.Turbocharge the Si and then sell it in about a year
2.Save the four thousand and get a larger down payment and trade in the EM1
3.Or payoff the EM1 Completley and then trade it in.
Give me some advice guys please.
Old 08-08-2003, 11:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Im thinking twice about turbocharging my EM1 99SI...help me decide. (iwantaz)

the only advice i have is dont trade anything in. ull get hosed. sell it ur self when the time comes ull get more cheddar
Old 08-08-2003, 11:46 AM
jus f0 dekarayshunZ

Default Re: Im thinking twice about turbocharging my EM1 99SI...help me decide. (CivicNA)

keep the em1...go all motor with a nasty b20 setup or just a stock b18c5...i think you will be pleased...my em1 is gone and i wish i still had it...so now im downgrading to a hx lighter is better right
Old 08-08-2003, 12:05 PM
iwantaz

Default Re: Im thinking twice about turbocharging my EM1 99SI...help me decide. (ciRcuitSi y0!)

i know i sound kinda shallow but I do love my car dont get me wrong but all these guys around here have more expensive nicer cars Escalades, Denalis, 330's etc. and I want something nice flashy and fast. The Z has all that but then again when I see a bunch of guys meeting at a honda meet I want to be apart of that crowd. I love hondas my first was a 95autodx then i went to a 92civicsi turbocharged that then gave it to my brother for a small fee then for my 17th birthday I wanted that si and i got it financed under my mothers name. I wanted to move up to a S2k but theres something that attracts me to the black droptop z . 19" volks a exhaust and im cool and then I know someone out there is gonna make a Carbon fiber hardtop for this z so i want one and i kid you not...... i have dreams about it. Ill problably keep my Si(and boost it) for another year and save save save .... every penny every dollar and eat cup o noodles for the next year...hahahaha wish me luck with my turbo projeckt and hopefully I dont spend over five thousand on the turbo kit and extras.

BTW This is the car that I dream of in the night..... i think this guys selling it or something like that.
http://www.my350z.com/albums/albun36/aab.jpg

Modified by iwantaz at 9:45 PM 8/8/2003
Old 08-08-2003, 12:53 PM

Default Re: Im thinking twice about turbocharging my EM1 99SI...help me decide. (iwantaz)

damn! those houses are freeaking close together...nice car none the less.

stick to your honda
Old 08-08-2003, 12:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

youll probably be alot more satisfied with whatever you decide to get if you buy it to please yourself rather than trying to get something that will allow you to "fit in" with whoever you are arround. I **** on what everyone else thinks. I have a 2k HX ith a b18c swap and I put on z3 fenders (painted to match the car not just primered) because I personally like how they look. Basically make a decision based on what YOU want then you wont have to waste alot of time asking people on a internet forum what you should do.
Old 08-08-2003, 01:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

get a z, you wuill boost, you will get greedy, you will be stupid, and out comes another 4 gs to rebuild it... my motor blew a rod bearing na bro.... and i spent 3000 bucks rebuilding it, when the engine should of lasted 10 more years and that sony wega 50 widescreen lcd television should of been in my living room
Old 08-08-2003, 01:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Im thinking twice about turbocharging my EM1 99SI...help me decide. (137)

turbo it
Old 08-08-2003, 01:41 PM

Default Re: Im thinking twice about turbocharging my EM1 99SI...help me decide. (CycoVizion)

If I were in your shoes and I could afford it, I would get the Z. It seems like you've been with Hondas for a while and at least you can say "yeah, I did that once." There are plenty of other cars that I would rather have but I've only had 2 hondas. My old one I wasn't really proud of and this one I just got, so I want to be able to say, "yeah, I had a turbocharged EK once". But after that it's on to bigger and better things.
Old 08-08-2003, 01:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Im thinking twice about turbocharging my EM1 99SI...help me decide. (CycoVizion)

IMO although I love turbos and hondas they just dont go together. Personally I want my car to be reliable and fast but a turboed honda wont give me that. However, seeing as how you have most of the parts you need you just need to sit down first and think about what you really want to do. Are you going to have the money to fix it if it breaks down? etc...You can always put it on and if you get sick of it take it off and sell the parts but is it worth the wear and tear on your engine. Id think through those questions first. A turbo is a big commitment, trust me, my bf and I dealt with that when he turboed his lude. Also, like the guy above said, do it for yourself and dont think about what everyone else has.
Old 08-08-2003, 01:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by iwantaz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i know i sound kinda shallow but I do love my car dont get me wrong but all these guys around here have more expensive nicer cars Escalades, Denalis, 330's etc. and I want something nice flashy and fast. The Z has all that but then again when I see a bunch of guys meeting at a honda meet I want to be apart of that crowd. I love hondas my first was a 95autodx then i went to a 92civicsi turbocharged that then gave it to my brother for a small fee then for my 17th birthday I wanted that si and i got it financed under my mothers name. I wanted to move up to a S2k but theres something that attracts me to the black droptop z . 19" volks a exhaust and im cool and then I know someone out there is gonna make a Carbon fiber hardtop for this z so i want one and i kid you not...... i have dreams about it. Ill problably keep my Si(and boost it) for another year and save save save .... every penny every dollar and eat cup o noodles for the next year...hahahaha wish me luck with my turbo projeckt and hopefully I dont spend over five thousand on the turbo kit and extras.

BTW This is the car that I dream of in the night..... i think this guys selling it or something like that.
http://www.my350z.com/albums/albun36/aab.jpg

Modified by iwantaz at 9:45 PM 8/8/2003</TD></TR></TABLE>

dude...go to school...go to college...major in a subject that you have no hope in passing and then drop out. sell some crack, pillz, some chronik, blues...etc.,...learn to hack...land a job at an internet company...that's what i did...
Old 08-08-2003, 02:29 PM

Default Re: Im thinking twice about turbocharging my EM1 99SI...help me decide. (acydphryck)

Im not gonna honestly admit this to any of my friends in real life.
I have a few buddies of mine on this site and I sure as hell hope they dont see me post this.
Im surronded by turbos where I am. They make me sick to the stomach. I have a lot of respect for my em1 that I simply cannot look at other cars with the same eye.

Im running a stock A2 bottom end with a JUN head package and a few bolt on goodies. Dyno tuned with OBD1 conversion, JUN reprogramed ECU andVAFC and still shy of 180 like I wanted. I really need my head ported and LS bottom end.

With this being said, Turbo that mother ******. My friends would give me **** if they saw me post, and I'll prolly deny it later
You will be very happy with the outcome. Im having minor problems with my aggressive set-up, it's a bitchy car with weekly PMS.
Sounds like ur friend can hook you up, and saving up that much money, Props man.
I honestly hate turbochargers, eh, whatever. I've eatin some turbos in my day also, so NO Im not jealous or scared. Im tellin you in your situation what I think you will be more satisfied with as assuming the majority mentality. This being that a B series cant go no where without somethin spoolin it. Im very satisfied non-the-less with my baby, I love her and I was thinking about spoolin her also but Im so happy I didnt.

BY THE WAY- I kno someone on this site and in real life I met him when I got my car tuned once. His name is Mike I think but his forum ID is 00slowsi. He is sellin his massive spoolin system, I saw his dynoin at 357whp! Contact him if you'r interested.