Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

i'm startin to get annoyed help please

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2006, 09:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default i'm startin to get annoyed help please

so i picked up a air/fuel gauge (i dont wanna hear about the light show just pelase try to help) so i connected the ground and the purple wire to the only white wire i see going to the ecu (i'm hoping thats right). but i can't get power. i SERIOUSLY can't even get the damn thing to light up i tried to splice the wire cmoing from the cig. lighter and it didn't work and now all of a sudden my accessory lights dont work. i cna't drive my car at night now b/c my tail lights dont go on and my low beans don't work. Maybe a moved a fuse?

does anyone have a picture on how the fuses are supposed to be connected under the dash?

i'm pretty sure i didn't blow any fuses but i might've missed some

so my main que here is how can i give it power for it to light up? TIA
Old 06-23-2006, 09:34 PM
Unceasing Measure

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: i'm startin to get annoyed help please (dthug)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dthug &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so i picked up a air/fuel gauge (i dont wanna hear about the light show just pelase try to help) so i connected the ground and the purple wire to the only white wire i see going to the ecu (i'm hoping thats right). but i can't get power. i SERIOUSLY can't even get the damn thing to light up i tried to splice the wire cmoing from the cig. lighter and it didn't work and now all of a sudden my accessory lights dont work. i cna't drive my car at night now b/c my tail lights dont go on and my low beans don't work.

so my main que here is how can i give it power for it to light up? TIA</TD></TR></TABLE>

Your air/fuel gauge has to have more than two wires. Also, why don't you go ahead and give us more information about that "white wire" you spliced into.

There should be three wires (at least) at work here: Power, Ground, Air/Fuel signal and perhaps Lighting (although you didn't tell us what car or what kind of gauge or anything so that's really a shot in the dark now isn't it?).
Old 06-23-2006, 09:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: i'm startin to get annoyed help please (Archidictus)

ok i did say i connected the ground so sorry i thought that would be a obvious black wire. the purple i said i connected to the only solid wire wire going to the ecu and i just can't get it to at least light up. i tried the red wire to where the cig. lighter is but it doesn't work

so to sum that up a little there is 3 wires

black= ground
purple= the one for the o2
red= power (where do i put this one?)

and why did my accessorys turn off where's the fuse for that?
Old 06-23-2006, 09:51 PM
Unceasing Measure

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dthug &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ok i did say i connected the ground so sorry i thought that would be a obvious black wire. the purple i said i connected to the only solid wire wire going to the ecu and i just can't get it to at least light up. i tried the red wire to where the cig. lighter is but it doesn't work

so to sum that up a little there is 3 wires

black= ground
purple= the one for the o2
red= power (where do i put this one?)

and why did my accessorys turn off where's the fuse for that?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Is this an Autometer Cobalt gauge, perchance? You need to wire the red one to a switched ignition source (you can find a bunch of them if you have a test light and you're not retarded) which are readily availible in the under-dash fuse box.

You probably fucked up that white wire or shorted the cigarette lighter wire when you were hacking **** to pieces trying to be the man. Go back and make 100% sure that they're put back together and then find yourself a way to get that ricer gauge a glowin!
Old 06-23-2006, 09:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: i'm startin to get annoyed help please (Archidictus)

no its not that autometer one your talking about, and after that stupid thing didn't light up i connected all the wires back and the cig lighter still works b/c i plugged in my rader and it was working just fine. its just now my lights doesn't come up, only my tail lights and the cluster light.

i'm getting ready to throw this thing out the window
Old 06-23-2006, 10:00 PM

you prob. blew a fuse. connect the power at the fuse box. there are open slots there for it
Old 06-23-2006, 10:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: i'm startin to get annoyed help please (hatchi)

thanks hatchi for all your help
Old 06-23-2006, 10:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you popped a fuse when you spliced your wire. look under the dash for the correct fuse and replace it
Old 06-24-2006, 01:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (prison_snitch)

ok so i fixed my light it was a fuse that i blew but my srs light came on. how can i get rid of that? thanks