Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

I'm the new guy, got some Q's....

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 08:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm the new guy, got some Q's....

Hi, I'm Mark , I have a friend and his name is Erick My friend Erick has the following problem: He has a turbo and doesnt know the first thing about turbos, but he is a pretty good mecanic, and he wants to instal it in his civic. Now here is what the civic has right now:

-->1994 B18-C from japan oversized .25mm and a set of topflite pistons along with a 2.5'' exhaust system.

Now he just purchased a TD40 (t25 flange) for very little money and wants the rest of the hardware to make the turbo work. So my Question is what does one need to make this turbo work? So basically I am looking for specs on What, where and how much to pay for the following:

-Injectors
-turbo manifold
-turbo software
-fuel pump (if needed)
-Downpipe
-FMIC or SMIC
-Oil feed and return lines
-FPR if needed
---And any other parts needed that i may have forgotten

I know alot about turbos but i know nothing about hondas since im a VW guy so I hope the Honda community will chip in and help out my buddy Erick and I so we can build him a B18-T that can keep up with my 20vT

And since forums normally love pics well here is a pic of my VW along with a random honda pic to please the gallery

Cheers, and all help is appreciated
Old 09-12-2007, 08:54 PM

Default Re: I'm the new guy, got some Q's.... (Xcelorator)

...hoping ya'll can see the honda pic, cuz all im getting is the pic of my VW.. Here it is again just in case:

And a bump to hopefully get some quick help
Old 09-12-2007, 09:26 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

you're probably going to get flamed for something. but welcome to the community

if i were u, i'd sell the td40 and get a kit since he's "new" to turbo. u'd need the right bolt pattern for the mani and whatnot, and piecing it would be hard because sometimes **** just doesn't fit right and you'd need to fab it . but here. i'll just do a quick little list for you if you don't want to sell it

manifold : neukin mini ramhorn (about 400)
injectors : dsm 450's (about 60)
management : crome (free) or hondata s200b with p28 ecu (around 600)
fuel pump : walbro 255 high flow fuel pump (100)
downpipe : idk what bolts up to that mini ramhorn. lol. but it'll be between 200 - 450 depending on what you get. get a 3in dp.
fmic : precision 375 hp fmic (like 200 or something)
oil feed / returns / fittings : overall would cost you about 100 with the vac lines and whatnot.
fpr : aem or b&m (about 120 or so)

also, i dont know if the td04 is internally gated, but if not, you'll need an external wastegate to regulate the amount of boost either with or without a boost controller. and you'll need a bov to vent excess air to prevent compressor surge.

don't forget about a boost controller, boost gauge, oil temp, and water temp for better monitoring! and a wideband if you'd like. not totally necessary, but good to have to monitor motor conditions.
oh and you'd need a resistor box for those injectors, as they are low impedence injectors that require a resistor box. you also need to dremel out those o rings and maybe get injector clips.

for intercooler piping, i say get 2.25in hotside, 1.75in coldside piping.

or you can just go with rc550 saturated injectors which will run about 5 hundo. going turbo isnt cheap. lol. DON'T CUT CORNERS OR YOU'LL REGRET IT IN THE LONG RUN!!!

hope i helped.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:05 PM

Default Re: I'm the new guy, got some Q's.... (gsr x civic)

thanks for all the great info you definatly helped out alot

I'll have to let him know about these things, didnt think we'd be looking at so much cash.

-->any place on here or other website where they sell used turbo parts? I know there are a ton for VW but never seen any honda ones
Old 09-13-2007, 07:36 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

well, for the turbo, i wouldn't get a used one. you never know how much abuse it's been through. for the turbo i'd always get a new one. i bought a used one and it turns out the internal wastegate was fucked. so just watch out if you're going to get a used one.
Old 09-13-2007, 08:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: I'm the new guy, got some Q's.... (gsr x civic)

http://www.homemadeturbo.com

Go here and read for about 5 days. Then before asking questions read another 5 days.

Boosting on that motor will be fun to tune. Be cautious. I am not saying it shouldn't be done but just do it carefully.

Tuning is gonna be your friend with that motor.
Old 09-13-2007, 08:39 PM

Default Re: I'm the new guy, got some Q's.... (sauceja)

haha homemadeturbo.com is honestly imo THE BEST turbo site on the internet... the only suggestion i would make is go with dsm 450cc injectors instead of rc550's they are hella cheaper