Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

I'm discouraged.

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2002, 11:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm discouraged.

Today was the first day of school for me. I am a senior now so you are allowed to drive to school. The day started off ok. My classes are ok. It's nice to see my friends again. So this afternoon i go down to my car to go home. I wait for my friend. As i am standing there i watch everyone in the parking lot wait to pull out. I sit there as a watch half of my class in beater civics tegs etc. burn out on to the main street. I am like damn these guys are retarded. My friend got there and i informed her i needed to get gas. I did so a couple miles away. And then i came back to school to register myself for a parking space. And what do i see in the parking lot but 2 civics who hit each other in the parking lot. Each has couple thou of damage. They collided. At this point in my life i have a 98 civic hatchback like the rest of class. Right now i feel like selling my civic and moving on to a nissan or toyota. IMO originality is important. And i don't want to be labeled as just another stupid ricer with altezzas.

The worst part is i love my car. It's comfy, reliable, good looking, and now all these people have made me angry and discouraged.
Now i see why muscle car people make fun of hondas...
Old 09-04-2002, 11:56 AM

Default Re: I'm discouraged. (RedHatch)

Do what ever you want.
Old 09-04-2002, 11:57 AM

Dude, why let stupid people with Civics ruin YOUR fun. Half the Civic population out there are lamer Ricers, are better said, just people that don't have the same taste as you. Do what you will with your car, and drive responsible. You know what you're doing it sounds like, don't let the other people that do it all wrong ruin the fun for you....

On the other hand, if you can get a Supra or SER, more power to ya
Old 09-04-2002, 11:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea.........and how many Camaros, Mustangs, etc. are running around on the streets everyday? Originality....how can anyone really expect to get true originality out of any production car. Get real, they are production cars because they are produced by the thousands and sold to the public.

Sorry to hear that you have such a movement by what others are doing. I'm gonna bet there is the same percentage of Toyota and Nissan drivers just like those Honda/Acura drivers you talked about. If you want original....buy a McLaren F1 or something similar in rarity.

Do what you want to do...not what others dictate. If you were into your Honda only because if originality or trend; and not because you really like working with Hondas....then I guess you are no worse off.

[Modified by SLPR, 1:04 PM 9/4/2002]
Old 09-04-2002, 12:00 PM

Default Re: I'm discouraged. (SLPR)

A 240sx with a sr20det with an s13 front conversion. Or an AE86. Now tell me those wouldnt be original.
Old 09-04-2002, 12:00 PM

Maybe for now...but not for long.
Old 09-04-2002, 12:05 PM

A 240sx with a sr20det with an s13 front conversion. Or an AE86. Now tell me those wouldnt be original.
Umm seems to me like someone has been watching to much Initial D.
Old 09-04-2002, 12:17 PM

Default Re: I'm discouraged. (Dodger2940)

and playing too much gt3 and looking at sr20.hybrids.jp...
Old 09-04-2002, 12:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

HAHA yeah, the whole SR20 swap is gonna be like the altezza's on civic's soon. Just wait......MUWWAHAHAHAHA
Old 09-04-2002, 12:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

dude, I was young once, and I can tell you this...if you give a bunch of teenagers cars, there will be a number of them that act like idiots with them (hell, there are plenty of adults driving everything from SUV's to Civics who still drive like idiots!). Its not the cars, its the people.

Also, if everyone who drives a Honda at your school acts like an idiot and you don't act like an idiot...then you are being original.

[Modified by piscorpio, 3:52 PM 9/4/2002]
Old 09-04-2002, 12:55 PM

Default Re: I'm discouraged. (piscorpio)

Also, if everyone who drives a Honda at your school acts like an idiot and you don't act like an idiot...then you are being original.
Good point
Old 09-04-2002, 01:05 PM
New User

And i don't want to be labeled as just another stupid ricer with altezzas.

The worst part is i love my car. It's comfy, reliable, good looking, and now all these people have made me angry and discouraged.
Now i see why muscle car people make fun of hondas...
then don't BE a stupid ricer with altezzas... simple as that... cleanliness is key!

at this point in your life (i'm only a couple years older than you so at this point in my life too) don't worry too much about being "original"... the car you drive isn't as important as the person you are... nice car is a novelty... get a good education, make lots of money, and then you can buy originality [/sappy self-help talk]

and if the darkside is calling you... remember that the darkside isn't in nissan or toyota... it's a vw!!! euro style gti

[Modified by WiZeBaNaNa, 2:10 PM 9/4/2002]
Old 09-04-2002, 01:23 PM

Default Re: I'm discouraged

You wouldn't be discouraged at all if you lived where i do.. home made spoilers, body kits, neon lighting, 20" chrome wheels on cars that cost less than the wheels, "custom" wal-mart spray paint jobs, painted rims, painted hubcaps, and stickers... all the stickers... everywhere.... it hurts.... but anyway do whatever floats your boat! i put a body kit, spoiler, and wheels on my car and i think it looks really nice, but in this forum i'm sure i'd get ripped on ehehe... i don't care... boost in 3 months....
Old 09-04-2002, 02:07 PM
Former Moderator

Received 54 Likes on 29 Posts

NO

It's ALL been done before damn it!

If you are going to allow some dumb-*** punks who drive like idiots make you sell your car, then you don't enjoy your car for the right reasons.

I built my car for ME and if tons of morons happen to drive cars like mine then so what?

If you're so worried about what everyone else thinks than your car is nothing more than a status symbol.

In the end that's all you're worried about - your own image might be tarnished because of dumbshits that drive cars similiar to yours.
Old 09-04-2002, 02:17 PM

get a sr20 in a nissan pickup

its kind of original and not too expensive

[Modified by fakemike, 11:17 PM 9/4/2002]
Old 09-04-2002, 03:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I'm discouraged. (fakemike)

I have kinda the same dillema, I guess Im just a spoiled whiney little bitch but I am the only one it town with a civic hatch. THE ONLY ONE until the other day. I seen one for sale in front of the local video store, almost identical to mine except for the shitty body work, 13"chrome hubcaps with the crossdrilled rotor simulators and a big fart can exhaust tip bolted onto a stock muffler, I just about puked when I saw this, because Im known in this town as "the dude with the sweet *** civic". I then heard that some kid was saying that this piece of **** civic was nicer than mine and that he was thinkin about buyin it and making it even ricier. I though about selling my civic for that moment, I dont want to have another civic in town that even remotely resembles mine, especially a ****** beat down one. Then people will start trash talkin my car because they think that I busted it all up and put hubcaps on it and riced it out. I just dont know!! Anyways I debated on setting the car for sale on fire, NOT TO SMART! Then I found out some kid from another town bought it and took it far far away. I was happy, Now its back to the everyday normalcy of me being the only hatchie in town

BTW: I would never have sold my car anyways, I just love it too damn much to let some other little punk bitch rain on my parade. I just dont like seeing other people with cars like mine give them a bad name, Plus the cops here keep a pretty close eye on me and all I need is for somebody with a similar looking car to do some stupid *** stuff and then the cops come lookin for me

[Modified by hondafrk, 12:40 AM 9/5/2002]
Old 09-04-2002, 03:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I'm discouraged. (hondafrk)

get a really old mini cooper and do some cross hybrid motor swap on it like a b16 er somethin. id give ur *** mad props!

or better yet, do a 73 datsun 240Z, 260z or 280z, whichever one will fit an RB26DETT swap
ive seen it in an older option mag. f-in crazy *** stuff

[Modified by TOManegi, 4:15 PM 9/4/2002]

[Modified by TOManegi, 4:18 PM 9/4/2002]
Old 09-04-2002, 03:17 PM

Default Re: I'm discouraged. (B18C5-EH2)

NO

It's ALL been done before damn it!

If you are going to allow some dumb-*** punks who drive like idiots make you sell your car, then you don't enjoy your car for the right reasons.

I built my car for ME and if tons of morons happen to drive cars like mine then so what?

If you're so worried about what everyone else thinks than your car is nothing more than a status symbol.

In the end that's all you're worried about - your own image might be tarnished because of dumbshits that drive cars similiar to yours.
this guy always knows what to say, i agree.
Old 09-04-2002, 04:00 PM

exactly.
Old 09-04-2002, 04:16 PM
Former Moderator

Received 54 Likes on 29 Posts

exactly.
Well what are you going to do then?

Sell the Honda and buy what? A Mercury Grand Marquis?
Old 09-04-2002, 04:45 PM

marauder.

exactly.

Well what are you going to do then?

Sell the Honda and buy what? A Mercury Grand Marquis?
Old 09-04-2002, 04:56 PM

Yeah whatever...what can ya say? People think their cars run after putting on an exhaust, intake just basic work. No wonder they be speeding and such in a parking lots If your unhappy with your car then ditch it, if not then don't worry about it. Let people talk cuz thats all its gunna be. Let em put their money where their mouth is.
Old 09-04-2002, 06:27 PM

marauder.
Sorry to say but that the smartest thing you said in this whole thread.

[Modified by Dodger2940, 7:37 AM 9/5/2002]
Old 09-04-2002, 06:59 PM

Default Re: I'm discouraged. (Dodger2940)

I remember a time when I was a senior, I was leaving campus one day for lunch, surrounded by the usual high school burning out and showing off. My school was on a fairly large and busy street, especially during lunch time, so dumbasses would always pull out of the parking lot StuNna StYle yO, with wheels burnnin' away. I pulled out like a intelligent person and started drivng down the street, I just causually noticed a utility truck pulled over in one lane working on something. I go to Wendys, and on the way back to school, I saw this chump in his mustang who was notorious for his grand exits had drivin smack into the back of the utility truck He was just standing there staring at his car crying like a little bitch, I had no sympathy for him.
That was nothing though, my school was pretty big, and there seriously was a wreck almost everyday. I remember the beginning of the year is the worst because everyone is really trying to show off, the FIRST DAY of school my senior year there were four wrecks!!!!
Old 09-04-2002, 10:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: I'm discouraged. (seano)

Today is my first day of my senior year also.
Living in So Cal suffered by stupidity of ricers.
Iam little scare to drive my new car to school because
it's ghetto as F_ck, my friend drove his teg to school the
very first month he got it, next thing he know his teg got hitted
by some idoit in school doesnt know the term "right of ways".
One more day to go before the treatment on injury close.
thank god. No to mention ppl jack Sh_t from nice car and big
*** fart pipe tip with apc sticker, what's the point of burning out in
the middle of the street? the police station is right outside of our school and
idoits still want to test his/her luck.
i wont give up my honda just because of those sh_t
well...maybe for a EVOvii for 25cents(jk)