Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Illegal Window Tint???

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2005, 09:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Illegal Window Tint???

So I live in the east bay area, and I drove to concord and a few other window tinting places, I want to get limo tint all the way around, except for the windsheild obviously. Every place ive been to wont go hardly dark at all on the driver and passanger side door glass. I see so amny lexus and beamers and **** with limo all the way around, and even light shades of tint on peoples windsheilds! So, if anyone has a shop they recommend around antioch, concord, fremont, pittsburg, oakley, brentwood please post it!
Only a shop too guys, I want to be able to have a warrenty against bubbles and stuff, so I dont want someone offering to autozone tint my car
Old 03-01-2005, 10:02 PM
most hood white kid

well I know in CA you can have timt on all windows as dark as u want except for the front windows and winshield...apparently cant have anything on them....thats what my buddy said to me
Old 03-01-2005, 10:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (egcoupe94)

No you can have tint on your front driver and passanger windows, Just not limo
I wanted black all the way around because you can see through the "LEGAL" tint in the front except in night time. But I drive with windows down usually so Im not worried about a ticket for it, and it all looks the same at night.
Just I want limo al lthe way around because it looks clean to me..The legal shade looks good with limo in the back and rear windows too but I see so many people with limo on the driver and passanger too and I want it..
Old 03-01-2005, 10:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (Jasno161)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jasno161 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">No you can have tint on your front driver and passanger windows, Just not limo
I wanted black all the way around because you can see through the "LEGAL" tint in the front except in night time. But I drive with windows down usually so Im not worried about a ticket for it, and it all looks the same at night.
Just I want limo al lthe way around because it looks clean to me..The legal shade looks good with limo in the back and rear windows too but I see so many people with limo on the driver and passanger too and I want it..</TD></TR></TABLE>

in calfornia you can not legally have any tint (of any degree) on your front drivers and passengers side door windows... this law has always been in the books since 1983 but was never really enforced... due to years of cut backs they have started to write tickets for the past two years. it is still at officers descretion but they can legally give you a ticket for any degree of tint on those two front door glass. so why risk it.. but if its oem it is legal. since most people know that hondas dont come tinted from the factory as compared to most bmw's vw's mercedes etc they are not looked at too closely.

also remember if you have tint on your rear window you must have a passenger side rear side mirror.

Modified by cxSHOE at 11:36 PM 3/1/2005
Old 03-01-2005, 10:20 PM

I just got hit for my window tint, i had 25 % and i got a ticket for it and had to take that shti off.. BOO for cal. laws!
Old 03-01-2005, 10:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (cxSHOE)

I dont see how this is right because I had a long talk and read over a long paper in concord at california fantasy about legal tint on the front door windows, some cars come off the lot with them he was saying, and it hardly shows during the day, at night it seems alot darker..So I think it must have been changed because he was real uptight about legal tint only with his documents and big sign..
Old 03-01-2005, 10:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Then again ca is gay and I beleive that. Either way Im not gonna worry about it, please just post a place if anyone knows it, no sense in being in a debate about it, just asking for info if u have it post it if not ignore it
Old 03-01-2005, 10:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://home.pcisys.net/~bpc/auto_law/tint/go down to california to see what is legal and what is not.
Old 03-01-2005, 10:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Illegal Window Tint??? (Jasno161)

In California the tint place that I went to warned about it being illegal to go limo all the way around (They were still willing to do it, hah, I didn't but a friend did and ended up going busted... but he was also going 99mph)
But they don't say anything about the lighter shades being illegal.
But it is definitely legal to limo everything but the front windows and windshield.

Thats why you buy a car or truck with those little dinky front windows next to the one that rolls down =D
Old 03-01-2005, 11:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Illegal Window Tint??? (Maness)

Well il ltake my chances
Dude I dont really care about it being legal man, u didnt have to dig up a link for me I said ur probably right. Eiher way im not worried about it so if you dont have any recommendations on a place then dont reply lol
It floods the thread damnit
Old 03-01-2005, 11:59 PM

i dont know where your going to but almost all the ones ive been to will do it they just warn you first that its illegal and tell you not to say who did and ****
Old 03-02-2005, 12:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Illegal Window Tint??? (em2_coupe)

Audio City in La Puente right off of Amar. $119 all 5 windows. They just verbally make you aware of the law and if you say you dont care they do it but you cant hold them responsible.
Old 03-02-2005, 02:23 AM
* B A N N E D *

It is "illegal" to apply any bit of plastic to the front winshield and passenger doors. However, you can have the windows spray tinted; which is 100% legal.
Old 03-02-2005, 03:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Illegal Window Tint??? (Equilibrium)

Hmmm i heard you can put tint on the windshield. Yet, it has to be a spray tint. And it cost $300 just for the spray. I dont know anything about it tho. Could be wrong.
Old 03-02-2005, 09:59 AM
most hood white kid

Default Re: Illegal Window Tint??? (B16aDasher)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B16aDasher &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hmmm i heard you can put tint on the windshield. Yet, it has to be a spray tint. And it cost $300 just for the spray. I dont know anything about it tho. Could be wrong. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I think only a sunstrip is allowed, but not in CA i think...I know here the law is 35% and when I went to get my mom's tint for her b-day/...the darkest they would go is that b/c they said they could get in trouble for doing something darker
Old 03-02-2005, 11:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Illegal Window Tint??? (B16aDasher)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B16aDasher &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hmmm i heard you can put tint on the windshield. Yet, it has to be a spray tint. And it cost $300 just for the spray. I dont know anything about it tho. Could be wrong. </TD></TR></TABLE>

You heard wrong. Different states have different laws, but I don't think any of the states have a legal below the AS1 line tint law.