Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

If its not one thing its another

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 09:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default If its not one thing its another

I swear one things gets fixed another thing breaks. I have a eg hatch gsr turbo, with hasport mounts. I swapped out my intercooler due to a small leak i had everything is good I'm driving home. This ef hatch pulls up tries to take off on me but it wasn't happening, I get on it leave him make my turn to my house and park it. later on I'm showing my buddy my motor and he noticed it leaning towards the driver side. I check it out and see that its only being held up by the ac bracket and mount (good thing i put the mount and bracket just in case). We take off the timing cover,mount and the post mount bracket. Two bolts broke off and a piece of the block broke where the other one goes. Th eother two bolt holes have cracks on them so ill doubt if it will hold heilcoil it. My question is can i take all my internals and swap them to another good block. or could i just use the pistons rods and crank and buy new metals for it? thanks guys hopefully i can get it back on the road soon. Thanks in advance

Last edited by worx; 04-06-2010 at 02:14 PM.
Old 04-06-2010, 09:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: If its not one thing its another

well,
i guess it would help knowing what kind of engine.
if you just buy any ole engine and swap your internals over yeah sure
but i'd check the crosshatch on the cylinder walls and check the out of round and taper of the cylinders as well.

and what kind of mounts? factory mounts? if so then that was your problem those driver side mounts go to **** in no time and can't hold the engine and just snap those brackets then you load it up.
Old 04-06-2010, 09:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: If its not one thing its another

Originally Posted by worx
i swear one things gets fixed another thing breaks. I swaped out my i/c due to a small leak i had everything is good im driving home, this ef hatch from this local crew pulls up tryies to take off on me but it wasnt happenin. I get on it leave him make my turn to my house park it. later on imj showing my buddy my motor and he noticed leaning towards the driver side, i check it out and see that its only being held up by the ac mount good thing i put the mount and bracket just in case. we take it apart a chunk broke off an two bolts broke off. my question is can i take all my internals and swap them to another good block. or could i just use the pistons rods and crank and buy new metals for it? thanks guys hopefully i can get it back on the road soon
what?