Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

if i install a str rear diffuser will i get a ticket?? post pics if u got them on ur ride plz!

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2003, 02:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default if i install a str rear diffuser will i get a ticket?? post pics if u got them on ur ride plz!

hey wassup guyz. im just hearing different things from different people.. can u get a ticket from installin a rear diffuser?? i live in california orange county. i just need to know before i go out and buy one. and if u guyz got pics of it on ur ride post them.. and if u got one for sale for cheap let me know. k thanks guyz bye.
Old 05-20-2003, 02:50 PM

Default Re: if i install a str rear diffuser will i get a ticket?? post pics if u got them on ur ride plz! (

nah theres a lot of people here that got those diffusers and i never heard about getting a ticket for it..i also had some before and i never got pulled over for it as well..
Old 05-20-2003, 03:06 PM

Default Re: if i install a str rear diffuser will i get a ticket?? post pics if u got them on ur ride plz! (

kewl thanks for the info its just that im hearing different things from different people sayin that the cops say its unsafe. and do u have pics?? and did u tell a difference with it on??
Old 05-20-2003, 10:47 PM

i DID have pics of it but that was like 2 years ago..and nah not really i didnt really feel any difference because thats when i didnt have a swap yet
Old 05-21-2003, 03:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

If you do not want to buy a diffuser for $100, you can go to Home Depot and get this drill thing where they sell power tools at. It looks like a white pvc pipe cap with those saw teeths on it.

I think someone on http://www.allmota.com did this.
Old 05-21-2003, 03:49 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by lazyvietboi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If you do not want to buy a diffuser for $100, you can go to Home Depot and get this drill thing where they sell power tools at. It looks like a white pvc pipe cap with those saw teeths on it.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

To help you out, he's refering to a hole saw.
Old 05-21-2003, 03:55 PM

any body got pics of it on??
Old 05-21-2003, 05:46 PM

Old 05-22-2003, 08:38 AM

Old 05-22-2003, 11:59 AM

Old 05-23-2003, 09:10 AM

Old 05-23-2003, 09:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm a lil confused, thats just drillin holes in you back bumper to create less drag correct??

If so silly drag racers...ahaha jk...

I've seen it done with the hole saw things looked good......but I'm guessing after market adds bling bling??

TTT I want to see some pics too...
Old 05-23-2003, 10:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

summit sells em and they should have pics online
Old 05-23-2003, 11:47 AM

im making my own. .. STR ones and the AC ones are too bling bling. . all polished and stand out too much im making mine by cutting holes and using subwoofer box ports to slide in to make it look clean. i bought the ones that are only 1 inch deep. ill prolly use alil crazy glue to make sure they stay in.
Old 05-23-2003, 02:56 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Option2 eg6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">im making my own. .. STR ones and the AC ones are too bling bling. . all polished and stand out too much im making mine by cutting holes and using subwoofer box ports to slide in to make it look clean. i bought the ones that are only 1 inch deep. ill prolly use alil crazy glue to make sure they stay in. </TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah ur idea sounds good option. i just want the str diffuser for show and some performance anyone got pics??
Old 05-24-2003, 01:20 PM

Old 05-24-2003, 01:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you got pictures now, so no more bumps.
Old 05-24-2003, 01:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

usually the reason you would get a ticket is because people take out the rear bumper support, i have holes in my bumper and was harrassed by a cop the other day about it, no ticket though because he never really had probable cause to pull me over, except harassing me
he did point out it was illegal, and he could give me a ticket for it
Old 05-24-2003, 02:12 PM

How about the OEM HONDA rear diffuser. It is a stock piece for the VX. Its # 14 on the link:

http://www.hondaautomotivepart...ECTOR
Old 05-24-2003, 02:37 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hanson said &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

you got pictures now, so no more bumps.</TD></TR></TABLE>

im not the only one that wants to see pics.. u got pics of the one peice??
Old 05-24-2003, 03:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thats the only pic I can find for now.
Old 05-24-2003, 03:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'll do it the cheap way, less bling bling.

Old 05-24-2003, 03:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Am i the only one that isnt diggin the swiss cheese look.
Old 05-24-2003, 03:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gambit33 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Am i the only one that isnt diggin the swiss cheese look. </TD></TR></TABLE>

No sir, I'm with you. Seems like it might attract more unwanted attention. But if you need it, then more power to ya
Old 05-24-2003, 04:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

it's a stupid mod for the street, and paying money to add on a shiny piece of metal to accentuate your newly ruined bumper just adds to the display of idiocy.

Quick Reply: if i install a str rear diffuser will i get a ticket?? post pics if u got them on ur ride plz!