Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

idling high and then low

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 09:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default idling high and then low

Check engine light came on in my .2000 Honda civic ex today. I am going to try to clean the iacv from the research I have done this might fix the problem. My issue is use carb. Cleaner is fine right? Also, going to check the codes and link those on here, what I have been searching for is a picture or where this is located. Sorry it is the finacees car and I am gettng ahead of the game have not looked for it yet, but wanted to get some answers before I go attend to yet another problem with this car. Need it to last till July and then new car here we come. I would like to try and avoid taking this in.......also, don't know if this matters had a new timing belt and pump put in this past summer.
Old 11-08-2011, 09:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: idling high and then low

My b20 is idling at 2000 rpm it was idling at 1500 and my distrubuter is in advance and it was running pretty i touch and put the distributor back in advance and is doing like a 2 step (well my ecu chipped and is 2 step) i want to know if i need new distrubuter
Old 11-08-2011, 11:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by wvubeerman
Check engine light came on in my .2000 Honda civic ex today. I am going to try to clean the iacv from the research I have done this might fix the problem. My issue is use carb. Cleaner is fine right? Also, going to check the codes and link those on here, what I have been searching for is a picture or where this is located. Sorry it is the finacees car and I am gettng ahead of the game have not looked for it yet, but wanted to get some answers before I go attend to yet another problem with this car. Need it to last till July and then new car here we come. I would like to try and avoid taking this in.......also, don't know if this matters had a new timing belt and pump put in this past summer.
From my recent problem of my IACV I clean it with Carb cleaner and did nothing but mess up the sensor and make it stay a idle at 1500
Old 11-08-2011, 11:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

also, could replacing the v-tech o rings help this issue out, the guy that did the timing belt said that they needed replaced?