Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Ideas on a new front end...

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 06:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ideas on a new front end...

I have a 95' Del Sol SI with front end damage that I am using as a project car. I was thinking about instead of another Del Sol front end to just put a Civic front end on it. I have a few in interest from my area. But I am not sure how difficult the switch would be. Are they the same size? Has anyone done this? I have seen it before which is how I got the idea. Please help if you can.

Thanks, Kachine
Old 05-24-2007, 06:48 AM
Ek Forever y0!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Ideas on a new front end... (SolLuvBabe)

Just do a del sol front end. Honda got it right the first time. I hate it when I'm confused as to what car I'm looking at.

If you really want to do it, you'll have to cut both sets of fenders in half, and mate them together to get a clean look. It will require fabrication, bondo-ing and paint/sanding.

it's a big pain in the *** to make your ugly car, uglier.
Old 05-24-2007, 07:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Ideas on a new front end... (ek forever guy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ek forever guy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
If you really want to do it, you'll have to cut both sets of fenders in half, and mate them together

it's a big pain in the *** to make your ugly car, uglier.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i watched a dude expletive up his crx this way, with a teg front. lol looked so rediculas. but he thinks its kewl, so then he put trailer LED lights in the hatch lid. god damn waste of a hatch
Old 05-24-2007, 07:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts

don't have personal experience with this but i think this one is close to a direct fit. there may be some minor body work around the fender/door seam. take your time and do it right and you won't get flammed as bad because it'll look clean.

i like to look at pics of others that have been done before i decide to spend time and money on something this big. i would recommend it.
Old 05-24-2007, 07:32 AM
New User

I don't know how extreme you are wanting to go, but on ebay they have a kit to make a del sol using G35 headlights.. It's an interesting look, and pretty different. Wasn't overly cheap though.
Old 05-24-2007, 09:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

If you don't like touching body work then leave it as a del sol. But there was a black del sol with a EG front. Looks clean.
Old 05-24-2007, 09:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (turb20_vtec)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turb20_vtec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">...del sol with a EG front. Looks clean.</TD></TR></TABLE>

x2. I like the look of a Del Sol with an EG front end. It still lets it look like a real car. I'd definitely rock one if it were done properly.
Old 05-24-2007, 07:24 PM

Default Re: Ideas on a new front end... (ek forever guy)

Hmm makes since... now I just have to find a front end... here in Texas there arent too many del sols that just sit around... they are mostly driven... Ive tried junk yards with very little luck...
Old 05-24-2007, 07:48 PM

yep the eg front end looks pretty dam sharp on del sols, saw some crappy pics of a del sol with a 99-00 front end with oem si lip/grill and that looked dope from what i saw
Old 05-24-2007, 07:56 PM
H-T White Ops

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Re: Ideas on a new front end... (hondamark35)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hondamark35 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">don't have personal experience with this but i think this one is close to a direct fit. there may be some minor body work around the fender/door seam. take your time and do it right and you won't get flammed as bad because it'll look clean.

i like to look at pics of others that have been done before i decide to spend time and money on something this big. i would recommend it. </TD></TR></TABLE>
It's a direct fit as far as you cut both sets of fenders in half and directly connect the del Sol rear to the Civic front.
Old 05-24-2007, 08:40 PM
Ek Forever y0!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Ideas on a new front end... (NOFX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NOFX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
It's a direct fit as far as you cut both sets of fenders in half and directly connect the del Sol rear to the Civic front.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Lovin it, "It's a direct fit if you cut here, bend that, weld this, sand and bondo that, paint that and...."