Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

I will miss my Tegs, but Civics are nice too...

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2003, 05:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I will miss my Tegs, but Civics are nice too...

Long story short...I'm goin on my third car and I wont even be 17 till October. I've been in love with Tegs for as long as I can remember untill about a month ago when I find out I FINALLY WILL be getting my long awaited '98 GS-R . A week later I go to check out insurance and other costs and realize I'm not gonna be able to afford it very easily (if at all).

Done alot of thinking since then (and just went to Hot Import Nights Saturday in Dallas ) I've also done alot of looking and asking around and so far the best thing i could think of is buying a '94-95 DX Civic Coupe and swapping out its piddally (no offense, but it is weak) engine for the lovable JDM B18C1.

Mainly what I want to know is have any owners ever had any problems (I've only been able to actually talk to one person whos actually done this.)

I figure I can get the car for 2.5-2.8k and then about 3k for the swap (including installation...lets just say im glad I know certain people.) Which is plenty less then what I'd be spending on a '98 GS-R plus insurance isn't going to be so bad.

I'll be getting the Civic right about the time I turn 17 and soon after whenever i have the money (my dad has promised to help if i dont **** up anymore) then ill get the motor swap done.

I lied about the short story. thx for reading and ANY questions or comments qould be very appreciated.

thx in advance

Old 08-07-2003, 06:32 PM
I to Smooch Pickle

Default Re: I will miss my Tegs, but Civics are nice too... (2muchGT)

what do you mean.. when you said if any owners have had any problems?? with the engine??
if you do the swap correctly, it'll just be as reliable as an OEM car.. it's really all up to the installer. and if i were u, i would do the same thing.. get a civic and do a motor swap for the same exact reasons you are. but realize no matter what.. a civic is a civic and an integra is an integra. Sometimes i wished i had an integra.. just for something different. $3000 is about right for a gsr motor.. and having it installed for that price is very good.
Also, if you know somebody that owns a body shopl, you can repiant your car.. for roughly less than $1000.. and your car will look almost brand new.
Old 08-07-2003, 10:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I will miss my Tegs, but Civics are nice too... (2muchGT)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2muchGT &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">buying a '94-95 DX Civic Coupe and swapping out its piddally (no offense, but it is weak) engine for the lovable JDM B18C1.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yup. use the heart of an integra. plus the civic would be lighter so it should turn out nice. but you wont have the leather seating of a gsr. personally i would go witht the civic.