Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

i think I paid too much for my 99 ek cx

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 06:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default i think I paid too much for my 99 ek cx

car is a 99 ek cx 120k on the clock , the guy i got it from spraypainted the car , he actually did a good job on it no drips or anything like that , has dings and dents here and there noting major thet core support was twisted , he said whe he was pulling it into a dolly and it hit the lower beam of the dolly and it beded
no motor no engine harness , clean tittle , nice interior

what i put on the car so far
gt3's
new core support 100 $ from honda
GSR motor
99 si lip

what I paid : a set of rotas slipstreams with bad tires + 300 bux + I had to drive 1.5 hours to get it

here is a pic

Old 03-14-2007, 06:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: i think I paid too much for my 99 ek cx (super-hatch)

Thats not too bad...
Old 03-14-2007, 06:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Seems like a good deal to me, a cars only worth what someones willing to buy it for..

someones crap is someone elses project..
Old 03-14-2007, 07:02 PM

Default Re: (standbackimapro)

thats a good deal
Old 03-14-2007, 07:05 PM
New User

Default Re: (theb18c1)

honestly its all about what you want and how much work you wanna do. I would rather pay more and get what I want then get a good deal on crap. If that was the project you really wanted then be happy you got it. No Matter what the cost.

As soon as you start trying to keep track and stress on the money you will be slowly killing your love for your project.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (2080EK)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2080EK &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">honestly its all about what you want and how much work you wanna do. I would rather pay more and get what I want then get a good deal on crap. If that was the project you really wanted then be happy you got it. No Matter what the cost.

As soon as you start trying to keep track and stress on the money you will be slowly killing your love for your project.</TD></TR></TABLE>

well I been trying to get it started for 2 months but that was until last weekend when I realize that automatic engine harness didnt work on a 5 speed car I got my selft a brand new cx harness from honda for like 140$ and it started good . for those 2 moths or more I was disappointed/frustrated about it I was actually gonna sell it to the first person who show up with 500$ lol but everithing is slowly comming together all my hard work and my long night looking at the honda manual are finally paying off
Old 03-15-2007, 03:19 PM
New User

Default Re: (super-hatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by super-hatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

well I been trying to get it started for 2 months but that was until last weekend when I realize that automatic engine harness didnt work on a 5 speed car I got my selft a brand new cx harness from honda for like 140$ and it started good . for those 2 moths or more I was disappointed/frustrated about it I was actually gonna sell it to the first person who show up with 500$ lol but everithing is slowly comming together all my hard work and my long night looking at the honda manual are finally paying off </TD></TR></TABLE>

thats the way this hobbie can be man. But I sold my old EK project when i was in a similar mood and have completey been bothered buy it ever since. So keep it, and remember no one says the car has to be built/finished in 2 weeks. take your time, go part by part and have fun. Good luck with the project
Old 03-15-2007, 04:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (2080EK)

Seems like a fairly cheap initial cost, but that thing is going to nickel and dime you to death.