Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

I think I found my muffler! Anyone ever heard one of these or have one?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2005, 11:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I think I found my muffler! Anyone ever heard one of these or have one?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...%3AIT

I kind of wish it had the baffle but it will replace my leaking stocker and is all stainless bolt-in. Just wonder how loud? Anyone know of a supplier that makes a baffle to fit in the 3.5" opening if it is too loud?
Old 12-08-2005, 11:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well i wouldn't get it..but hey thats my opinion..if you like get it....
Old 12-08-2005, 11:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I think I found my muffler! Anyone ever heard one of these or have one? (Intercooler)

Dude, it's Ebay. I wouldn't buy a part for my car from Ebay if my life depended on it since in my opinion, the quality of what you receive just isn't up to par with spending a bit of money and getting a proven part.

Who the hell is Racing Dimensions anyway? I would definately stay away from it if you don't know the brand.

This is just my position on Ebay parts, if you want a fart can exhaust, then you know where to go.
Old 12-08-2005, 11:53 AM

Default Re: I think I found my muffler! Anyone ever heard one of these or have one? (Intercooler)

This one would be okay too but the muffler shop would have to fab it in place and their pipe wouldn't be stainless and it doesn't have a silencer: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...&rd=1

and this one has a silencer and is cheapest but also has to be fabbed in place: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...&rd=1

Anyone know the sound on these?
Old 12-08-2005, 01:27 PM
Dat Dere Cell Tech

Get an ES oval or something.

Id rather have a pacesetter exhaust than get that ebay mess
Old 12-08-2005, 01:34 PM

Default Re: I think I found my muffler! Anyone ever heard one of these or have one? (imm0rt41)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by imm0rt41 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Dude, it's Ebay. I wouldn't buy a part for my car from Ebay if my life depended on it since in my opinion, the quality of what you receive just isn't up to par with spending a bit of money and getting a proven part.

Who the hell is Racing Dimensions anyway? I would definately stay away from it if you don't know the brand.

This is just my position on Ebay parts, if you want a fart can exhaust, then you know where to go.</TD></TR></TABLE>

dude its a muffler, its not like its ebay lowering springs, it wouldnt let me open the link, but if you like the muffler get it, just getting a muffler seems kind of ricey imo but whatever floats your boat, im usually not an ebay supporter, but c'mon, its a muffler
Old 12-08-2005, 01:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I think I found my muffler! Anyone ever heard one of these or have one? (young noob)

Jesus you guys.

EBAY DOESN'T MAKE PARTS!!!!!!! All of those "ebay" springs or mufflers are from manufacturers, just like everything else on Ebay.

Old 12-08-2005, 01:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I think I found my muffler! Anyone ever heard one of these or have one? (young noob)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by young noob &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">... its not like its ebay lowering springs, ...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Sorry to get off topic here...but a buddy of mine bought a set of "ebay lowering springs" for his 99 si for $90 or so and strapped them on stock shocks. **** rides just as good as my Skunk2 coilovers on KYB AGX's...Sorry, just felt the need to say that lol! Please forgive me!

Back to the topic at hand...I would personally save your money and get something worth your money...Look in the classifieds here for a name brand rear section that you know will be worth the $120-150, I am sure there are plenty to be had. If you cant find one, post a WTB thread for a rear section for your car...But then again, thats what I would do...
Old 12-08-2005, 02:36 PM

Default Re: I think I found my muffler! Anyone ever heard one of these or have one? (Trock1029)

that exhaust looks like crap.
Old 12-08-2005, 02:56 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

there are way more options than that thing that would be more benificial to you for your money
Old 12-08-2005, 02:57 PM

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1414740

there ya go
Old 12-08-2005, 06:57 PM

Default Re: I think I found my muffler! Anyone ever heard one of these or have one? (sockvtec)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sockvtec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1414740

there ya go </TD></TR></TABLE>Don't see a sound clip of that one anywhere in there. A stock muffler setup with the puny 1.5" ugly straight piping is $110 if I get it from NAPA and do all the work. It is $170-$225 from a shop for a stock replacement. I thought I could find a nice 3" setup somewhere that I could just bolt-on that didn't make it too loud. Anyone have any sound clips? We need a section here for media stuff if not.
Old 12-08-2005, 07:07 PM

Had one of those on my OLD car, a 97 LX automatic. Only thing It gave me was a damn headache. No power gains, and without the silencer it felt like the car lost all its low end power. It makes noise, thats about it.
Old 12-08-2005, 07:11 PM

Default Re: I think I found my muffler! Anyone ever heard one of these or have one? (devilz05)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by devilz05 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Had one of those on my OLD car, a 97 LX automatic. Only thing It gave me was a damn headache. No power gains, and without the silencer it felt like the car lost all its low end power. It makes noise, thats about it.</TD></TR></TABLE>Which one? Sounds like one I want to stay away from
Old 12-08-2005, 07:49 PM

Default Re: I think I found my muffler! Anyone ever heard one of these or have one? (SpydiR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SpydiR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">that exhaust looks like crap. </TD></TR></TABLE>Which one? The axle back looks pretty nice I thought.
Old 12-08-2005, 07:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ebay. Making Ricers since 1995.

Old 12-09-2005, 12:01 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Intercooler &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Don't see a sound clip of that one anywhere in there. A stock muffler setup with the puny 1.5" ugly straight piping is $110 if I get it from NAPA and do all the work. It is $170-$225 from a shop for a stock replacement. I thought I could find a nice 3" setup somewhere that I could just bolt-on that didn't make it too loud. Anyone have any sound clips? We need a section here for media stuff if not. </TD></TR></TABLE>

3'' will drop your power on that car, im pretty sure it would be less benifical, you can get 2 1/4 or 2 1/2 in on those flat black ones, but i can bout gurantee its better than the ebay one

to sound clips
Old 12-09-2005, 12:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JayDiemB16aCivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ebay. Making Ricers since 1995.</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol, agreed.

just save up your money for a nice exhaust... and dont just get a muffler, get the whole system
Old 12-09-2005, 03:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

dont buy an axle back, or just the muffler & weld it on! it's gonna sound like butt! If you want to upgrade your exhaust, get cat back so you don't sound like a fart can... and 2 1/2 is plenty if you arent boosting. why do these kids think it's cool to just slap a muffler on their car and litterally fart around town?!
Old 12-09-2005, 03:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Intercooler &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I thought I could find a nice 3" setup somewhere...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Do you have a turbo'd engine? I didn't think so. Putting a 3" exhaust on a stock 1.6 liter would kill the little power you already have. Have you ever heard of backpressure? With a 3" system you'd have absolutely none. I'm going to recommend you don't go any bigger than 2.25"...and do the whole exhaust, not just the muffler.
Old 12-09-2005, 05:33 AM

Default Re: I think I found my muffler! Anyone ever heard one of these or have one? (JimmyAtlantis)

I will just get the stocker and hang it myself for $110 then. Lifetime warranty.
Old 12-09-2005, 06:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I think I found my muffler! Anyone ever heard one of these or have one? (JayDiemB16aCivic)

There are alot of good quality name brand parts on ebay. Of course there are garbage parts on ebay but you have to do your research. To say all of ebay is crap is stupid.
Old 12-12-2005, 01:05 AM

Default Re: I think I found my muffler! Anyone ever heard one of these or have one? (mrbigg9032)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mrbigg9032 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> To say all of ebay is crap is stupid.</TD></TR></TABLE>

the stuff i have from ebay is apc, and apc is sucky as ****..BUT my short shifter has been on my car for 99% of me having it and yea my syncros are messed up a lil now, but after numerous hard shifting...NO breaking like many people experience

apc generally sucks

I am lucky
Old 12-12-2005, 03:48 AM

hahahahahhahahahhha

F*cking Haters!!!!!! hahahahha

hondatech=Haters

dont matter what some one talks, if it had the words : obx, ebay ...
you just get crazy *** hell, and start to flood the forum telling the same

That is ****, Go and but the real one, That doesnt work , I never put something like that on my car!

hahahahhaha, and all of you had never tried not even one of the things you talking trash !!

hhahahahahha
Old 12-12-2005, 03:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Intercooler &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I will just get the stocker and hang it myself for $110 then. Lifetime warranty. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Damn I need to go to bed, I just read that... "I will just get the shocker and hang myself for $110 then." Id go with the black muffler, if you just want something to replace the stock one.

Quick Reply: I think I found my muffler! Anyone ever heard one of these or have one?