Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

i stirpped the brake hardlines to prop valve (all the way to the rear brakes)

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 10:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i stirpped the brake hardlines to prop valve (all the way to the rear brakes)

and i dont have enought room to flare and strech it over, what should i do? any ideas?

edit: luser kid, i already have the fittings out and i have the new 40/40 prop valve in the
car in all postions except the 2 that i stripped which hapen to be 200 dollars at the honda store becuase its like 15+ feet of tubing
Old 06-09-2007, 10:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: i stirpped the brake hardlines to prop valve (951BRO)

Time to bust out the vise grips. Flare wrenches are used so things like this dont happen.
Old 06-09-2007, 11:38 PM

Default Re: i stirpped the brake hardlines to prop valve (Luserkid)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Luserkid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Time to bust out the vise grips. Flare wrenches are used so things like this dont happen. </TD></TR></TABLE>

i already have the fittings out of the old prop valve for sale btw!

im installing a 40/40 prop valve

i have flare wrenches and it still stripped

this is why i have nwep4life is greater than ht in my thread

anyways besudes this guys useless comment anybody got any ideas that have half a thought?
Old 06-10-2007, 03:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 951BRO &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">and i dont have enought room to flare and strech it over, what should i do? any ideas?

edit: luser kid, i already have the fittings out and i have the new 40/40 prop valve in the
car in all postions except the 2 that i stripped which hapen to be 200 dollars at the honda store becuase its like 15+ feet of tubing </TD></TR></TABLE>

All you gotta due is cut the lines goto autozone and tell them what happened. I had this happen to me and it cost me no more than $10 to fix.... Just a thought
Old 06-10-2007, 06:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

maybe i'm not understanding what you're saying.

are you saying that you've removed the old prop valve, but two of the screws are stripped? i dont see why you need new lines since you can just replace the screws that go into the prop valve? arent they just loosely sitting at the end of the lines?
Old 06-10-2007, 07:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 951BRO &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">this is why i have nwep4life is greater than ht in my thread

anyways besudes this guys useless comment anybody got any ideas that have half a thought?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Heres a thought, since NWP4LIFE is alot better then H-T and have better people.... get your advice from them.

2nd person to not give enough info on there problems and bitch about it today
Old 06-10-2007, 11:32 AM

Default Re: i stirpped the brake hardlines to prop valve (uneek360)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by uneek360 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">All you gotta due is cut the lines goto autozone and tell them what happened. I had this happen to me and it cost me no more than $10 to fix.... Just a thought</TD></TR></TABLE>

goddamn people, i cut the fittings off so now there is just a square end, now if i flare the end and put a fitting there it wont reach

meaning i cut a little too much off

ok i did the rear disc swap , im sure you guys dont know what is involved since you guys just bench wrench but it involves removing the prop valve ans swapping it for an integra one

now there are 6 lines, maybe itll help if you go look at it? now i stripped the 2 on the left side that go all the way back to the rear of the car

then i cut off, then the old prop valve cameoff and i removed the stripped bolts and threw it away, then i walked over to the ef drum set i had sitting in the backyard, cut the fittingss off of that and see if i could strech it over, not the case it wont reach

ok how about this if you've never done it before dont respond like you:

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by instrument &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">maybe i'm not understanding what you're saying.

are you saying that you've removed the old prop valve, but two of the screws are stripped? i dont see why you need new lines since you can just replace the screws that go into the prop valve? arent they just loosely sitting at the end of the lines?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 06-11-2007, 12:06 AM

Old 06-11-2007, 02:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 951BRO &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

goddamn people, i cut the fittings off so now there is just a square end, now if i flare the end and put a fitting there it wont reach

meaning i cut a little too much off

ok i did the rear disc swap , im sure you guys dont know what is involved since you guys just bench wrench but it involves removing the prop valve ans swapping it for an integra one

now there are 6 lines, maybe itll help if you go look at it? now i stripped the 2 on the left side that go all the way back to the rear of the car

then i cut off, then the old prop valve cameoff and i removed the stripped bolts and threw it away, then i walked over to the ef drum set i had sitting in the backyard, cut the fittingss off of that and see if i could strech it over, not the case it wont reach

ok how about this if you've never done it before dont respond like you:

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Your talking about the same thing im talking bout... Just listen and goto to Autozone. I'll post pics in alil.... BTW your not the first nor the last doing rear disc swaps, so yea i do know whats involved.
Old 06-11-2007, 04:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Old 06-11-2007, 05:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Am I the only person who thinks this kid should maybe stop talking **** and learn how to ask questions the right way? Since you are from the 951... bro, why dont you stick to your lifted trucks with your SRH stickers and a dirtbike? Maybe your mid-calf black socks are too tight and are cutting off circulation. Or it could be the flat bill hat around your head along with the black hair dye that is really messing with your thought process.

Modified by 95ProjectEJ1 at 8:20 AM 6/11/2007
Old 06-11-2007, 06:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: i stirpped the brake hardlines to prop valve (95ProjectEJ1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 95ProjectEJ1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Am I the only person who thinks this kid should maybe stop talking **** and learn how to ask questions the right way? Since you are from the 951... bro, why dont you stick to your lifted trucks with your SRH stickers and a dirtbike? Maybe your mid-calf black socks are too tight and are cutting off circulation. Or it could be the flat bill hat around your head along with the black hair dye that is really messing with your though process. </TD></TR></TABLE>

bwahahahahaha... x2
Old 06-11-2007, 08:33 AM

You uh don't think that compression fitting is a bit dangerous do you? I was thinking they say on the box not to use them on brake lines. Just wondering.
Old 06-11-2007, 08:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 951BRO &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i have flare wrenches and it still stripped
</TD></TR></TABLE>

It is not physically possibly to strip a flare nut with the right sized flare nut wrench. How did you really strip it?

I would just take that whole line out and run a new one. I did both of my rear brake hard lines recently and it wasn't too bad.
Old 06-11-2007, 10:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 951BRO &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

</TD></TR></TABLE>

i did the same thing on my brakes, but i was installing stainless lines and not using a flaring wrench.

BUT....

but expletive you on advice, you really need to get your **** straight if you want help when you dont give enough info and then bitch because people dont understand wtf your talking about

Old 06-11-2007, 12:01 PM

Default Re: i stirpped the brake hardlines to prop valve (Hawkze_2.3)

[QUOTE=Hawkze_2.3]

It is not physically possibly to strip a flare nut with the right sized flare nut wrench. How did you really strip it?[QUOTE]

Well to his defense.. ive seen ill made flare wrenches by powerbuilt (schuck's brand) and they will strip the crap out of the nut because the are a bit loose.. i know because i used them before it they suck.. then we went out and go craftsman.. and it made the biggest differences.. it held the nut well and turn without inducting fear of "feeling like the nut is going to round off".

lesson learned that day is that i wont go with crap tools no more.. LOL

Old 06-11-2007, 12:11 PM

i used a harbor freigh flare nut wrench it stripped it

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 95ProjectEJ1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Am I the only person who thinks this kid should maybe stop talking **** and learn how to ask questions the right way? Since you are from the 951... bro, why dont you stick to your lifted trucks with your SRH stickers and a dirtbike? Maybe your mid-calf black socks are too tight and are cutting off circulation. Or it could be the flat bill hat around your head along with the black hair dye that is really messing with your thought process.

Modified by 95ProjectEJ1 at 8:20 AM 6/11/2007</TD></TR></TABLE>

keep bench racing and bench building motors there faget ive probably done more than you have in one day than you have for a year ps **** you googled and told someone about doesnt count as doing it fucktard which is so damn common on this forumn

experience&gt; bench racing/wrenching

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by uneek360 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"></TD></TR></TABLE>

you're the only helpful person in the entire thing to man internet retards on this forumn thats why i stopped coming here, forgot the account made it back in 04 but w/e

oh yea the autzone here are a bunch of rude fucktards i asked for that thing in the pic and they were like "what!???" do you know what you're doing???? so i told the 45 year old guy to go expletive himself

oh yea and in the murrieta one they dont have free lend a tool they charge you half the cost of the tool
Old 06-12-2007, 11:17 AM

so update, went to autozone again, same idiot, asked for the fitting, he couldnt find it.

he again asked do you know what you're doing?

i said yeah i saw a photo with something like that done to it,

he said well i don't know doesnt sound like you know ****,

what 45 year old dude says that to some kid in his 20's?

talked to his manager guy doesnt work there anymore hope his kids starve to death

anyways i still cant find that fitting
Old 06-12-2007, 11:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 951BRO &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i
keep bench racing and bench building motors there faget ive probably done more than you have in one day than you have for a year ps **** you googled and told someone about doesnt count as doing it fucktard which is so damn common on this forumn

experience&gt; bench racing/wrenching
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes yes, where in my post did I mention bench racing? Get out of the double-wide and lay off the meth. You are starting to become paranoid. You are a laugh a minute. In order for your comments to be true we first need proof that I was bench racing and bench building. All this wisdom from building more motors than me in one day and you manage to strip your hardlines... good job. Before you start on your little pathetic comebacks, maybe you should have evidence of my bench racing and bench building... fagg0t. Grammar and punctuation &gt; you, but I dont expect much from somoene living in the 951... "bro".
Old 06-12-2007, 12:25 PM

Default Re: i stirpped the brake hardlines to prop valve (95ProjectEJ1)

dont have time to internet argue with a dumbass that doesnt do ****

bump
Old 06-12-2007, 12:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

aight... i'll stop by autozone and get part numbers later today
Old 06-12-2007, 12:50 PM
DixielandImports Please

Its called a compression fitting.
Mainly used on air lines.
Old 06-12-2007, 12:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: i stirpped the brake hardlines to prop valve (ReDemoN)

Let's get this thread back on track people.
Old 06-12-2007, 12:56 PM

Default Re: i stirpped the brake hardlines to prop valve (ReDemoN)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by uneek360 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">aight... i'll stop by autozone and get part numbers later today</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EL Vap133 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Let's get this thread back on track people. </TD></TR></TABLE>

its just that there are alot of wannabees that post here just to get their post count up
Old 06-12-2007, 01:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

its just that there are alot of wannabees that post here just to get their post count up </TD></TR></TABLE>

Oh yes, because I care so much about my post count on Honda-Tech, I think I may be fired from my job because Im under my quota. Get your answer and quit with your **** talking, you have done nothing but this since the first post or so (see below)

i already have the fittings out of the old prop valve for sale btw!

im installing a 40/40 prop valve

i have flare wrenches and it still stripped

this is why i have nwep4life is greater than ht in my thread

anyways besudes this guys useless comment anybody got any ideas that have half a thought?</TD></TR></TABLE>

If nwep4life&gt;Honda-Tech maybe you should seriously rethink your reasoning for being here. Complete disrespect for this site.

Quick Reply: i stirpped the brake hardlines to prop valve (all the way to the rear brakes)