Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

I recommend against purchasing AN-R products....

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2002, 05:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: I recommend against purchasing AN-R products.... (BlackDeuceCoupe)

Nice worms! Makes more sense than having all that **** hanging down below the engine IMHO...

i think that header, is hella hard. i would rock it in a second
Old 11-29-2002, 05:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: I recommend against purchasing AN-R products.... (acura_typer)

what a bunch of fawking WHINERS they are over at ClubSi... to think he "should" do something you want him to do. Ha! Then badmouth him for not following your wishes or saying he has a bad attitude..??? --->You guys suck. This thread is unbelievable. really...

If you want a "better-than-oem-JDM 4-1" header, get a Toda, Spoon, 5Zigen, DC JDM, those all kick ***... those are what you want. Not the AN-R piece. So shell out your loot for a header I just listed and SHUT UP.

[Modified by owen_the_soyboy, 10:20 AM 11/29/2002]
Old 11-29-2002, 06:16 AM
Former Moderator

Received 54 Likes on 29 Posts

I think it's so funny to see how big of a difference there is from a shitty MB like Club Si to this site in terms of the retarded-*** replies.

For the guy who started this thread, shut the hell up.

If you had purchased one of their products and it was crappy, or had you ordered one and it never came, or if you got the wrong one and they would not exchage it THEN you could complain, but right now all you're doing is bitching because you're a pansy.

That's like me starting a thread about how nobody should buy Toda and Jun cams because they don't make them affordable for everyone, or that they require dyno tuning and they're not just bolt-in.

I'm leaving this one open just to do exactly the opposite of what you had intended - get AN-R some buisiness!
Old 11-29-2002, 07:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I recommend against purchasing AN-R products.... (B18C5-EH2)

maybe u should ask an-r to custom make you a pacifier.
Old 11-29-2002, 08:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

A-NR's Post about making headers

My view is, if people want it, you make. That is a business. You can't make crap that you like and expect everyone else to buy it just because you like it.
After reading that pathetic crap on club si, it makes me gratful for never being a member. I would sacrifice ac for hp anyday, you want something comfortable go buy a buick.........to you
Old 11-29-2002, 08:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: I recommend against purchasing AN-R products.... (Halo)

Clubsi people are a bunch of whiners and there never really is any good support from the board there. H-T has more tech support from its members.
to ClubSi
Old 11-29-2002, 10:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I recommend against purchasing AN-R products.... (exospeedAMcrx)

sounds like david-r of club-si has a hard-on for a/c. i cant retain a/c, well you wont be seeing a dime of my money (quote). sack up, man!

[Modified by ejprimo, 11:50 AM 11/29/2002]
Old 11-29-2002, 12:16 PM
Trial User

Default Re: I recommend against purchasing AN-R products.... (ejprimo)

HAHAHAH some people.......

What does it take for them to get it through their heads? There are plenty of other headers out there that perform well and retain the use of a/c and p/s and they all give up a little HP do to that. Why would they want to make a header to compete in a already flooded market? If you want a/c this header isn't for you plain and simple. If you want more power loose the a/c if you don't, get something different and stop crying like a little baby who needs a nipple. This is the tanks the guy gets for producing a quality performance part .
Old 11-29-2002, 01:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I recommend against purchasing AN-R products.... (mantic6t9)

This is why so many Civic Si's are so slow even though their potential is great.

I have the "twisting" design AN-R header sitting in my living room right now. I just painted it black...it looks so much better. But I'm thinking of sending that **** to Jet-Hot to get coated. I really want my investment to last for some time, not just rust through leaving it useless.

I will posting up pictures of it painted and when I get it coated, pictures of that too. Also I WILL be dynoing this header & high flow cat VS dc 4-2-1 & stock cat. In time.

Jay Kim
Old 11-29-2002, 06:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I recommend against purchasing AN-R products.... (AllMotorMonster)

damn Jay sounds like your going to go all out. post some info I curius what that header will do on someones car I know.
Old 11-29-2002, 07:07 PM

My view is, if people want it, you make. That is a business. You can't make crap that you like and expect everyone else to buy it just because you like it.
Yeah, well welcome to whinerville.

I think AN-R should thank you for the free plug for their products.

I run my own business, and I know your type. You want AN-R to kiss your ***, but more importantly you want them to compromise their formation principles, and then you want to pay bargain basement prices for it. I get folks like you in the door all the time, and when their objective become clear, I show them the way out with a smile and a "good luck".

"Exclusive Business" is for "Exclusive Clients". You think Microsoft produces products in response to your demands? Nope. They assess what they think they can sell, and talk to their biggest clients and assess their needs. Then they produce. Don't like it? Tough. Don't buy their products. If you really want to hurt the company, don't talk about the company. Ever. What you're doing now is expanding their client base.

Shawn

[Modified by shawnhayes, 11:07 PM 11/29/2002]
Old 11-29-2002, 07:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I recommend against purchasing AN-R products.... (b00stn)

This post is stupid. You said it your self. If people want it, you make it. Well guess what. There are people that want an all out performance header that dont care about AC. This is for them. There are a ton of headers that will clear AC. Go buy one of those and quit b!tching
exactly.

if you dont like the product, dont buy it, simple as that. half of the people on that clubsi thread are complete idiots, i cant believe that for even one second they agreed with what you said.
Old 11-29-2002, 09:41 PM
D Tranny Guru

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: I recommend against purchasing AN-R products.... (AllMotorMonster)

any decently painted header will last 5+ years before rusting off. Unless you get some thin gauge V8 headers. They don't really rust through. The metal is TOO thin to take the heat and breaks down over time.

A header using 14 gauge tubing should last 10+ years.
Old 11-30-2002, 12:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: I recommend against purchasing AN-R products.... (shawnhayes)

I run my own business, and I know your type. You want AN-R to kiss your ***, but more importantly you want them to compromise their formation principles, and then you want to pay bargain basement prices for it. I get folks like you in the door all the time, and when their objective become clear, I show them the way out with a smile and a "good luck".

"Exclusive Business" is for "Exclusive Clients". You think Microsoft produces products in response to your demands? Nope. They assess what they think they can sell, and talk to their biggest clients and assess their needs. Then they produce. Don't like it? Tough. Don't buy their products. If you really want to hurt the company, don't talk about the company. Ever. What you're doing now is expanding their client base.

Shawn

I'm not ripping on your post, but this post and(whole thread)reminds me of when everybody was bitching and whining because Honda cut the ITR and SI from the lineup. OR When they didn't mean to make any of teh cars performance related at all....

LOL

[Modified by paul_vang, 1:05 AM 11/30/2002]
Old 11-30-2002, 12:37 AM
New User

Default Re: I recommend against purchasing AN-R products.... (TREVER)

damn Jay sounds like your going to go all out. post some info I curius what that header will do on someones car I know.
I'll still spank that ***..with/without the anr header. j/k...don't kick my ****.

-Rod
Old 11-30-2002, 12:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I recommend against purchasing AN-R products.... (B19CivicHB)

Who needs AC...? I love my header. Get one, THEN see if you complain about it...

LOL that looks sick !!!
Old 11-30-2002, 01:30 AM

Default Re: I recommend against purchasing AN-R products.... (shawnhayes)

Shawn

finally, somebody who knows what's up
Old 11-30-2002, 04:04 PM

Default Re: I recommend against purchasing AN-R products.... (paul_vang)

I'm not ripping on your post, but this post and(whole thread)reminds me of when everybody was bitching and whining because Honda cut the ITR and SI from the lineup. OR When they didn't mean to make any of teh cars performance related at all....

LOL
I know. Business is business, and some people will never "get it". As a businessman, you do what you have to do most of the time, but there is a line beyond which you won't cross (for whatever reasons), and you always find somebody willing to complain about it.

I've ended up with MORE business as a result of my "negative" reputation for refusing to compromise principles just because a client wanted it. AN-R may be the beneficiary of some of the same.

Shawn
Old 11-30-2002, 04:49 PM

A-NR's Post about making headers

Hey acura_typer

Does your mom know you are a bitch?

The twisty header looks sick as hell!

I think its really funny to see the difference between the members here and those on that site.

Did you honestly think that the people over here were going to jump on your bandwagon??
Old 12-03-2002, 05:05 PM

Default Re: I recommend against purchasing AN-R products.... (black2kcivic)

So to install this header you have to pull both power steering and A/C? I have no problem pulling either but my car has p/s and if I remove the stuff in the way of the header will I still be able to steer at all period? Obviously it won't be power but will it still work? I heard that you just can't remove the pump, you have to get something off a non p/s car.

Also how much are those beautiful headers selling for?

-Jake
Old 12-03-2002, 09:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I recommend against purchasing AN-R products.... (Chiller514)

So to install this header you have to pull both power steering and A/C? I have no problem pulling either but my car has p/s and if I remove the stuff in the way of the header will I still be able to steer at all period? Obviously it won't be power but will it still work? I heard that you just can't remove the pump, you have to get something off a non p/s car.

Also how much are those beautiful headers selling for?

-Jake
power steering will work on all of our headers. prices range from $480 and up depending on what material you want to use and which collector you would like to have.
Old 12-04-2002, 11:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I recommend against purchasing AN-R products.... (Halo)

why are you giving ht a link to club suck-i??? anyways, my view is its his business, so he can do whatever he wants, and i think there is a place for this product, alot of people on h-t ride with no ac, or have a full race honda, heres a header for them.