Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

i just put an AEBS intake manifold on my GSR .. but now im sukking up gas?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 01:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i just put an AEBS intake manifold on my GSR .. but now im sukking up gas?

hey i have a jdm gsr and i just put an AEBS itake manifold on and its amazing how much of a difference it made.. (plus alittle bit for fine tuning) but now it just seems like my mpg went way down.. i dont have a computer problem.. and it pulls alot stronger.. anways ..is this normal.. has it happend to anyone else?
Old 04-12-2007, 01:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: i just put an AEBS intake manifold on my GSR .. but now im sukking up gas? (papa_jon)

you said you got it tuned?
what are your a/f ratios at?
Old 04-12-2007, 02:58 PM
Cool Cool Island Breezes. BOY-EE

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: i just put an AEBS intake manifold on my GSR .. but now im sukking up gas? (papa_jon)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by papa_jon &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hey i have a jdm gsr and i just put an AEBS itake manifold on and its amazing how much of a difference it made.. (plus alittle bit for fine tuning) but now it just seems like my mpg went way down.. i dont have a computer problem.. and it pulls alot stronger.. anways ..is this normal.. has it happend to anyone else?
</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol maybe cuz you're flooring it a lot more? People say that a lot after modding their cars. "ITS WAY FASTER, BUT IT SUCKS DOWN GAS". Well, to find out it was was faster, you probably had to beat on it. And the fun of beating on a car with a new mod doesnt die down for a while. Your A/F ratios shouldnt have changed much. My B16 got pretty much the same gas mileage with the manifold as without after i got over the novelty of digging on the cool noises at 8500 rpm lol.
Old 04-13-2007, 08:21 AM

Default Re: i just put an AEBS intake manifold on my GSR .. but now im sukking up gas? (B serious)

ya i think that has to be it..... thanx for the obvious...and the truth