Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

I just cannot take this JDM=rice shit anymore

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2002, 09:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I just cannot take this JDM=rice **** anymore

Ok, let me voice my opinion please. There has been so much going around about "JDM turning rice". I just can't take it. The answer is no. And may i add that is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. Look, we are all enthusiests who strive to make an impression with our cars, and making a "rice hate group" is rediculous. Lets go over the "rice" rules and figure out why jdm is not rice ..

1. If it looks better, works better, or has another useable feature, it IS better
2. If is is equipment not offered here, and does any of the above, it IS better.
3. If A motor has more power than another, it IS better.
4. If a lip or wing is offered in another country that better accents the car, it IS better

The whole point is this.
The OEM equipment is desireable because that is the heritage that our cars were built on. Here in the states civics did not come with high revving race motors, white faced gauge clusters, large track wings, beefed up suspension, or large brakes. We get these things to restore life into our stripped down version of the civic that we recieved for economy purposes. So please help me put a stop to the whole JDM=rice thing. CAN I get a second on that? I am completely open to discussion on this topic and will entertain any rice games you may want to play.

I am tired of someone asking a question in reguards to a JDM OE part, or motor, and the only responses are things like:
"no that is rice"
"go for it rice boy"
"thats coo **** yO!"

Sick
Old 05-14-2002, 09:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I just cannot take this JDM=rice **** anymore (4g4me)

I agree. the JDM thing did get a little out of hand, but my attitude is if you like it and you are willing to spend the money for it then it is worth it. I have a couple JDM items in my hatch(cluster, clock, climate controls, headlights, corners and power folding mirrors. Most of this stuff I got because I thought it was the best looking part for my car. the mirrors I got because I thought it was cool. I mean isn't that what this is all about is having fun.
Old 05-14-2002, 09:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I say, to each their own. People shouldn't let others dictate how they want to spend their money. If you really have to have something, then go get it, don't ask for other's opinions, because they aren't the ones funding your car.
Old 05-14-2002, 09:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

omg all this reading. i will just say, i buy what i like and try not to concern myself 24 ******* hours a day if people will think what i have is cool or not.

allot of my friend buy **** JUST to impress thier friends. i mean once the novalty wears off they want to sell the parts, its sooo funny to watch.

[Modified by 95CivicSi, 10:22 PM 5/14/2002]
Old 05-14-2002, 09:22 PM

Default Re: I just cannot take this JDM=rice **** anymore (95CivicSi)

amen to THAT
Old 05-14-2002, 09:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Lets go over the "rice" rules and figure out why jdm is not rice ..

1. If it looks better, works better, or has another useable feature, it IS better
2. If is is equipment not offered here, and does any of the above, it IS better.
3. If A motor has more power than another, it IS better.
4. If a lip or wing is offered in another country that better accents the car, it IS better
The problem with this is that "looks" are different for different people. If I saw some civic with a big wing, albeit JDM, I'd call it rice. Not because its JDM, but because "I" think that big wings not only look bad, but have no value whatsoever.

On a side note, while we are talking about things we can't take anymore, the things that bug me are most honda tuners who buy things for their car, that are supposed to make the car better on the street, except that using these things to their best potential on the street is unpopular with the local authorites.

The thing you have to remember is that people are going to do and say things, like what i'm saying, that you may or may not agree with. And though, trying to dicuss these issues is honorable, it may be best left alone, and you sir may find more comfort in igoring these things that bother you as I have given up telling people that one windshild wiper is stupid.
Old 05-14-2002, 09:36 PM

so intelligence does exist..,.