Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

I hope I have posted my car

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2003, 11:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I hope I have posted my car

http://www.imagestation.com/my...utox2 what do you think of my car?
Old 10-31-2003, 12:08 AM

here you go

IMHO...looks good besides the vacuum front bumper and kit. but whatever floats your boat
Old 10-31-2003, 12:14 AM

Default Re: (Synergy001)

At least he's autocrossing it, eh.
Old 10-31-2003, 02:13 AM

i guess??
Old 10-31-2003, 02:19 AM

Default Re: (AGB5901)

just lose the kit and youll have a winner
Old 10-31-2003, 03:01 AM

love the kit....I can only look at so many stock front ends until they all look the same!!!!

can't wait to post pics of my old school Ferrrari kit just got the door ans side molding fitted last night!!!!!!

Old 10-31-2003, 03:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (citrusdrop)

ermm.. well... yay for auto x

boo for front bumper.
Old 10-31-2003, 03:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (j.fuggi)

The only thing I don't like about the kit is the sides of the front bumper. The openings on the front look pretty good.
Old 10-31-2003, 05:06 AM

Default Re: (mycivicstoo(s)low)

he's driving it and not standing next to it, i give
Old 10-31-2003, 05:18 AM

Default Re: (D16 madwoman)

yea, I don't really care for the kit but...

the rest of the car is cool, what are the specs?

Old 10-31-2003, 05:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (citrusdrop)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by citrusdrop &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">love the kit....I can only look at so many stock front ends until they all look the same!!!!
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ummm..maybe because they are ALL the same. Anyways, as I don't like the kit all that much, but it's your car.
Old 10-31-2003, 05:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: I hope I have posted my car (93SIRII)

the kit looks like poo. Lose it and your car will be much better. What else is done?
Old 10-31-2003, 05:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (98civichtchback)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 98civichtchback &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">just lose the kit and youll have a winner</TD></TR></TABLE>

and also a car that looks like everyone else's on here, lol. the bumper isss fugly though!!

-Bryan-
Old 10-31-2003, 05:57 AM

Default Re: I hope I have posted my car (SOHC_MShue)

what's the big thing with leaving the bodies stock? I think it looks good... since most honda's aren't that fast anyway, might as well make 'em look good rather than looking the EXACT same as some old guy driving the EXACT same car!
Old 10-31-2003, 06:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

not bad ..... the kit is alright. it's up to you. don't mod your car so that you can feed of what others think of it. do it because you love it and will love it even if the world hates you for it.

suspension specs? engine bay shot?
Old 10-31-2003, 06:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: I hope I have posted my car (CNY Hatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CNY Hatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what's the big thing with leaving the bodies stock? I think it looks good... since most honda's aren't that fast anyway, might as well make 'em look good rather than looking the EXACT same as some old guy driving the EXACT same car!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Do what you like - but you did ask for opinions.

Personally I think it looks nice. Not too gaudy, good lines, and you are using your car for something besides crusing. That's cool.

I think everyone's on the "stock/minimalist-performance look" BANDWAGON nowadays, which I dig if it's sincere. Nothing cooler than a stock looking sleeper to me. But doing that just because everyone else is makes you a leming.

What kind of mods to you have? Style without at least some substance
Old 10-31-2003, 06:11 AM

I think it looks good. Breaks the norm. On this board its JDM/Spoon with turbo, and Mugen.

Your car looks good and your auto xing it.
Old 10-31-2003, 06:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CNY Hatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what's the big thing with leaving the bodies stock? I think it looks good... since most honda's aren't that fast anyway, might as well make 'em look good rather than looking the EXACT same as some old guy driving the EXACT same car!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Because it doesnt serve any function than to get insulted by everyone laughing at it and to be totally mad Fast and Furious. The kit does not flow with the blody lines of the car, something Honda spent millions of dollars designing so that it would look good and function well. And considering the enthusiast market/following of the Civic almost dwarfing that of many Porches and other pure "enthusiast" cars I think Honda has done quite nicely for an economy car.
Old 10-31-2003, 06:16 AM
Former Moderator

Received 54 Likes on 29 Posts

Problem is a lot of us think most body kits makes the car look WORSE, not better so your theory is 100% subjective to personal preference.

I go apeshit over a 100% bone stock Civic, but whenever I see yet another stockish civic with a big bodykit it doesn't do anything for me. Just because it's differnet than stock (but not different in general - there are plenty of kitted Civics, just not on H-T) doesn't mean it's in good taste.

Sorry.
Old 10-31-2003, 06:24 AM

Default Re: I hope I have posted my car (B18C5-EH2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B18C5-EH2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Problem is a lot of us think most body kits makes the car look WORSE, not better so your theory is 100% subjective to personal preference.

I go apeshit over a 100% bone stock Civic, but whenever I see yet another stockish civic with a big bodykit it doesn't do anything for me. Just because it's differnet than stock (but not different in general - there are plenty of kitted Civics, just not on H-T) doesn't mean it's in good taste.

Sorry.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i agree 100% TOM
Old 10-31-2003, 06:26 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B18C5-EH2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Problem is a lot of us think most body kits makes the car look WORSE, not better so your theory is 1005 subjective to personal preference.

Sorry.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah.. to buy a 100% stock civic is great, because you get a nice platform to work on, with no BS work that someone may have done to it already. And if you buy from the right person, you know the car was taken care of.

Sure a "sleeper" look is great... you should come to my area... their is a club around here called UPI (Upstate Performance Imports). They have some of the fastest cars in the area. One guy has a 91 Civic hatch... COMPLETELY built with a huge turbo and FMIC... but it looks like it just came out of the junk yard.. LOL!! You would never guess that this car is gonna spank the **** out of you!! But then again... who would race a beat lookin car if they were right next to it at random? Sure... I know his car and I wouldn't frigg with him because I know what's in it.

But on the other end of the spectrum... if you look good... and you're rolling through town... Chics dig the **** out of ya!! hahaha... unless you speed through town to get attention, looking good is another way for respect. I think it's all area specific. Their are some towns around me with car groups that PLASTER their cars with APC stickers. I actually asked them one day if they had any APC equipment on or in their car... and most of them said no! That bothers me.

Their is also a Gold Del Sol in my area that would also woop anyone around here too... has 18" chrome wheels, Decah Lambo doors and is putting down 324HP to the wheels!!!

I don't really know where I was goin with all this... I guess it just bothers me when people bash somebody that wants to look good too. Most people in an area don't know what "JDM" is... some of the old guys know what a "sleeper" is though... but they'll laugh when you tell 'em you have a "sleeper civic" Oh well... just wanted to vent a little... I'm still gettin used to everyone's opinions around here.
Old 10-31-2003, 06:47 AM
Former Moderator

Received 54 Likes on 29 Posts

I don't want to hi-jack this guy's topic, but let me say this:

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CNY Hatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Yeah.. to buy a 100% stock civic is great, because you get a nice platform to work on, with no BS work that someone may have done to it already. And if you buy from the right person, you know the car was taken care of.</TD></TR></TABLE>

What I mean to say is that 100% bone stock Civics are the rarity these days. I mean 100% stock and in perfect shape. It's like they are virgins waiting to be "broken in" and that to me is cooler than any otherwise sock civic with bolt-ons and a body kit.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Sure a "sleeper" look is great... you should come to my area... their is a club around here called UPI (Upstate Performance Imports). They have some of the fastest cars in the area. One guy has a 91 Civic hatch... COMPLETELY built with a huge turbo and FMIC... but it looks like it just came out of the junk yard.. LOL!! You would never guess that this car is gonna spank the **** out of you!! But then again... who would race a beat lookin car if they were right next to it at random? Sure... I know his car and I wouldn't frigg with him because I know what's in it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm not saying I like shitty looking cars. There is a nice happy medium where a car can be super nice looking and clean, and IMO that doesn't require a body kit. I'd post examples but then this topic would be completely hi-jacked. I'd rather have a stock swap and a beautifully clean car than a shitbox assbucket with a boosted swap IMO.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">But on the other end of the spectrum... if you look good... and you're rolling through town... Chics dig the **** out of ya!! hahaha... unless you speed through town to get attention, looking good is another way for respect.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I don't need a car to attract girls. If you do then I'm sorry. You have the wrong car for attracting girls bro. You need to buy a nice inexpensive V6 Mustang convertable and put some flashy wheels on it if you want to attract girls. Most won't know the difference if it's not even fast, and drop tops score more points with "chicks" then any Civic ever will. I'm dead serious about this one.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Their is also a Gold Del Sol in my area that would also woop anyone around here too... has 18" chrome wheels, Decah Lambo doors and is putting down 324HP to the wheels!!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

...and I'd still laugh at the car if I saw it. It's all a matter of opinion really. BTW what kind of 1/4 mile times is he running on those 18'' wheels?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I don't really know where I was goin with all this... I guess it just bothers me when people bash somebody that wants to look good too.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Again nobody is bashing this guy for wanting to look "good" - their idea of "good" is just different, that's all.

Kudos to the guy for doing what he wants to with HIS car, but in the process of posting pics you will get all sorts of opinions.
Old 10-31-2003, 06:53 AM

I like a body droped civic with stock peices better then that front end, skirts are okay. The bomex showoff front end looks nice on a HB civic. I dont realy have much room to talk here because my civic's kit is stock as they come so blahhhh Go out and have some fun tonight yaaaaaa!@@@@
Old 10-31-2003, 06:59 AM

I'd rather have a stock swap and a beautifully clean car than a shitbox assbucket with a boosted swap IMO.</TD></TR></TABLE>

That was hilarious... I was honestly laughing at that statement for like 5 minutes... hahaha... shitbox assbucket. That's classic!!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I don't need a car to attract girls. If you do then I'm sorry. You have the wrong car for attracting girls bro. You need to buy a nice inexpensive V6 Mustang convertable and put some flashy wheels on it if you want to attract girls. Most won't know the difference if it's not even fast, and drop tops score more points with "chicks" then any Civic ever will. I'm dead serious about this one.</TD></TR></TABLE>
It's not really that I need the attention from girls... I'm getting married in less than a year. It's just nice to look good ya know?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">...and I'd still laugh at the car if I saw it. It's all a matter of opinion really. BTW what kind of 1/4 mile times is he running on those 18'' wheels?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I don't think he's run yet since his build up. He was just dyno tuned about a month ago. He's getting rid of the chromies though...

Nice hatch man!!!
Old 10-31-2003, 07:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (mycivicstoo(s)low)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mycivicstoo(s)low &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">At least he's autocrossing it, eh. </TD></TR></TABLE>

yaaaa eet loooks goood eh!

Quick Reply: I hope I have posted my car