Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

i hate deer, i hate snow, and i hate crashing! please help me out!

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2004, 05:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i hate deer, i hate snow, and i hate crashing! please help me out!

Im so sad right now. Last night, i was doing around 75, it was snowing a little.. snow/rain sorta stuff. So im cruisin on the highway, and a deer decides to jump out, well i decided to swerve so i wouldnt hit it, that went smooth, until i noticed that the car in the right lane also slowed down cause of the deer as well, so now im headed for the car in front of me.. i put on my brakes and go to turn into the brake down lane.... well my car decides to go for a 360 move, and ram the guard rail.. sideswipe luckily...

dented my front fender
scraped the passenger side of the car all up
dented the rear quarter panel..
dented the door...

So, i kept on driving it, but i noticed the steering was a little "tight" feeling..

Do you think i just need an alignment? everything seems to be working fine, but the steering seems a little "off".

Also, how can i replace the rear quarter panel?

Edit - Now the Fuel Guage on my tach isnt working, it still thinks its at full, anyone know why this would be?

Anyone have 2 doors w/ power windows they wanna sell me?
How bout a fender and quarter panel for passengers side?

Thanks, any info would help, i hope to get my car back to normal condition.. i hate when **** like this happens

Modified by GroundZer0 at 11:02 AM 2/22/2004
Old 02-22-2004, 05:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: i hate deer, i hate snow, and i hate crashing! please help me out! (GroundZer0)

Oh also, all the plastic fender guards are all messedup, is it alright to just take them out and leave them out?
Old 02-22-2004, 05:53 AM

Default Re: i hate deer, i hate snow, and i hate crashing! please help me out! (GroundZer0)

well i personally think you deserved to wreck going 75 with rain/snow and other cars around thats just kinda stupid if you ask me
Old 02-22-2004, 06:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: i hate deer, i hate snow, and i hate crashing! please help me out! (hondaracing1)

the conditions were fine enough to be doing 70+. i have studded snow tires, but glad you think so plus, how would you even know.. your from FL, you prolly dont even know how to drive in snow.
Old 02-22-2004, 06:13 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GroundZer0 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the conditions were fine enough to be doing 70+. i have studded snow tires, but glad you think so plus, how would you even know.. your from FL, you prolly dont even know how to drive in snow. </TD></TR></TABLE>

you sound like those idiots who drive SUV's and think their vehicle is safe in the snow...

but it does sound like maybe you bent something suspension wise...
Old 02-22-2004, 06:16 AM

seriously sorry about your car but shouldnt you know better not to be speeding in teh snow/rain. sounds like horrible conditions like where you should be driving in the 50's. I guess thats just me though
Old 02-22-2004, 06:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: i hate deer, i hate snow, and i hate crashing! please help me out! (kwik2nec)

nah, i hate tip moblies personally.. suv's suck. Trust me, the road conditions really werent that bad, it was all just rain/snow that was melting as it hit the road, it was 40 degrees out, 32 is the freezing point.

Im not sure about suspension being bent, because it drives fine, just feels like the steering wheel is like not lined up with the wheels, if you know what im saying..

yea, so maybe i was driving a little fast, oh well, **** happens. i guess i didnt wanna get killed by those people who do drive suvs really fast behind and in front of you. LOL
Old 02-22-2004, 06:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

75 in snow, regardless of tyres, is dangerous on public roads.

Rain is a different matter, I don't slow down for rain to be honest.
Old 02-22-2004, 06:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (EdLeake)

see i think at this point it was rain, but regardless, i learned my lesson, fucked up my car, now for some answers?
Old 02-22-2004, 07:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (GroundZer0)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GroundZer0 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">...now for some answers? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes...please...I'm curiouse about the fender (wheel well) linings too.
Old 02-22-2004, 07:19 AM

Default Re: (JRI94)

well aucualy im from jacksonville north carolina...not fl and your right i wouldnt know how to drive in snow considering im only 15 but i do got enough common sense not to be going 75 with snow or even rain its just dumb.....and i dont know what your problem is
Old 02-22-2004, 07:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (hondaracing1)

whats up with that avatar??
Old 02-22-2004, 07:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (hadehatch)

CHEESE N RICE!!! If you're not posting help quit f*cking replying!
Old 02-22-2004, 09:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Why so you can pretend like youre interested, FL/OK
Default Re: (hondaracing1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hondaracing1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">but i do got enough common sense </TD></TR></TABLE>

But not enough to read rules regarding avatars?

To GroundZero the car has gone through entirely too much to give the car a diagnose. With the swerving as well the crash you could have dented, loosened, or broken a suspension part. Look for anything out of order, have the exterior fixed, then get the alignment checked. Some places that do alignments should be able to give you a diagnose as to why you might be experiencing problems with the steering.

For the parts you are currently in need of check the "classifieds" section as well as any local junkyards. Rear quarter panel will either have to be popped out or replaced from another Civic and welded to your. Wait...Insurance.

Modified by INVALID at 1:35 PM 2/22/2004
Old 02-22-2004, 09:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (INVALID)

okay guys, can we quit shitting up the thread with this teeny bopper arguing and get some goddamn answers
Old 02-22-2004, 10:00 AM
Global Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OT: But I'm getting his avatar fixed right now
Thats wayayay worse then what mine was.
Old 02-22-2004, 10:09 AM
clm
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Usdmdc2)

Take it to a body shop to get an estimate and see if you bent the unibody, which could be causing some of your problems. After that, then take it to an alignment shop if you're not fixing the body damage.

To replace the rear fender, you need to buy a new one, have the old cut out, and a new one welded in.

Get off his nuts about speeding, too. He was on a highway, most likely in a straight line, and it was probably just damp. Probably wouldn't have a made a difference if he was going the speed limit anyway.

I'd check into insurance if you have full coverage. Though, with the rear quarter panel being messed up and possibly needing replacement, it could be totaled.
Old 02-22-2004, 12:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i only have ****** liability? i really doubt its too messed up, i mean i drove it like 100+ miles after, and it seemed okay, just seemed like the tires were a little un-aligned(sp?) sort of feeling. What is the "unibody"? Also, how much of a bitch is it to weld a new rear fender? any bodu kits you dont have to weld? How is the rear fender assembled, does anyone have diagrams?

Also, can someone tell me why the fuel guage may not be working either? It seemed to have stopped after yesterday.

thanks!
Old 02-22-2004, 01:43 PM

Default Re: (GroundZer0)

ok 1 there is no reason to be doin 75 rain or snow... yeah its your car and life... but someones mom and little bro or sis is on the road with you also.. no need to put thieir lives in danger.. the weather is danger enough. .. also.. i read the thread what kind of car do you have?? hatch?? if so the 1/4 panel has to be replaced.. they do this by cutting out the old one and welding a new one in its place.. which can be costly... also sounds like you did some suspension damages.. did ou look it over?? as far as the gas gauge the impact could have fucked up the float in the tank ...
Old 02-22-2004, 01:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: i hate deer, i hate snow, and i hate crashing! please help me out! (hondaracing1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hondaracing1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well i personally think you deserved to wreck going 75 with rain/snow and other cars around thats just kinda stupid if you ask me</TD></TR></TABLE>

i agree you deserve to crash your car,,, i go skiing for a month every year and theres no way in hell going 75mph is safe even with studded tires.. or even chains... 75 is fast on dry streets let alone on snow/ice

you didnt kill anyone... or maybe that would have been your lifelong lesson if someone did get hurt.
Old 02-22-2004, 02:09 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hondaracing1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well i personally think you deserved to wreck going 75 with rain/snow and other cars around thats just kinda stupid if you ask me</TD></TR></TABLE> .. no one deserves to be put at rish crashing... but he shouldnt have been going so fast maybe this opened his eyes...
Old 02-22-2004, 02:14 PM

Default Re: i hate deer, i hate snow, and i hate crashing! please help me out! (ekb18cCivic)

sorry about takin over the post and starting an argue ment or w/e......and the avatar i wasnt evne thinkin when i put it up LOL owell
Old 02-22-2004, 06:36 PM
clm
Honda-Tech Member

All that's welded together. Our cars have a unibody, not a frame.
Old 02-22-2004, 07:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: i hate deer, i hate snow, and i hate crashing! please help me out! (clm)

shut up, haha you all sound like a bunch of bitching grandmothers, for christ sakes, you dumb ****** sheep, lol dont all say the same ****** thing or anything.. LOL.. haha anyways, what should i have the mechanic check over in the suspension, anything in general? or just check everything over? Also, how could the impact have messed with the gas tank? ill have him check that as well, how hard is it to install a new "float"? oh well, kinda glad it happened, get to spend some $ on my car now.. do some body work and get ready to paint my car =]

edit - also, its a 1997 honda civic cx. The rear quarter panel, about how much do you think a junk yard should charge me? How bout for both doors?
Old 02-22-2004, 07:57 PM

depending on the age of your car, if it's damaged in the quarter panel, you can probably write it off as totaled.

quarter panel damage is critical to honda's, and generally any unibody car. The part is welded on, and if the damage is substantial enough, it can't be smoothed out, and has to be replaced. Which means buying new metal quarter panels, getting the old ones torched off, and the new ones welded on.

I went to a honda body shop one day to get an estimate on a quarter panel dent on the side of my EG coupe. The dent isn't deep, but did flatten out the body lines on the car, and It's quite long (2-2.5 feet). The guy at honda said it would cost well over 26 hours just to install the quarter panel, at 38 dollars per hour for welding. Then i need the body work to smooth everything out, and then get it painted.. NOT cheap.

Quick Reply: i hate deer, i hate snow, and i hate crashing! please help me out!