Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

i cant even sleep anymore

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2003, 09:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i cant even sleep anymore

this is the 3rd ****** time in a month that i have seen or heard ****** cars wit exhaust drivin around in my neighborhood and it wasnt anyone i kno. i live in a court wit no other car in the development that has a exhaust and this is really bad.

the first time it happened i was i was on the comp in the living room broad daylight a red hatchback with steelies slammed drove around in my court 2 times i was like wtf???? it stops by my car and then leaves. 4 hours later at night i am outside havin a cigarette and this white ek four door slammed wit white wheels drives around in my developement in the court across from me, stops and four spanish kids step out and walk around( keep in mind i have never seen this car anywhere in my neighborhood and trust me i wouldve seen it b4 if it was from my area.
a week goes by i start to feel safer and then while leavin to get to my car i see the same white four door drive through my court and right past my car real slow around like 10 pm. now just now i am right about to fall asleep and i hear this loud *** exhaust and the sound just didnt fade away and i heard it rev a lil bit and then drive off by the time i got out of my room and to the door with my knife the car was gone. jesus this is jsut another reason why i am selling it. and it isnt even like i have anything much on the car. jsut a ****** swap and a nitrous kit. but if the car gets stolen imma lose alot of money because everything i put into the car wont even be covered on my insurace( they will not cover, motors or any engine work to the car just wheels and suspension and a radio). i have werk too early in the morning to be up all hours of the night because i cant get a parkin spot in front of my house and i end up parking in the island and thats teh closest i can get the car to.
and yes i am venting **** i was right about to fall asleep and now imma be awake for another hour or so and yes i do have a alarm and a fuel and ignition kill but i dunt think sometimes that matters wit some of these god damn theives.
Old 12-11-2003, 10:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: i cant even sleep anymore (dragboy)

that sucks man, any chance you could explain this to your folks and get a spot in the garage?
Old 12-11-2003, 10:10 PM

Default Re: i cant even sleep anymore (sickSOLvtec)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sickSOLvtec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">that sucks man, any chance you could explain this to your folks and get a spot in the garage?</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah, im sure they'll understand
Old 12-11-2003, 10:36 PM

Default Re: i cant even sleep anymore (Racerage1)

That really sux man you should have took your ecu inside.... i always do that when i have to park in my drive way.... and that has stopped them from gankin my car again.....but mostly it is in the garage since the last one got stolen out of my drive way.
Old 12-11-2003, 10:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: i cant even sleep anymore (Turbo92cx)

yeah, park inside if possible.... also, try and park in a manner so that you're kinda perpendicular... or i mean.. somewhat that they cant drive it out without going back and forth a few times... the ecu thing is a good idea too... and.... if its allowed in your state... there are laws that enable you to use force when people are on your property... let the local authorities know and have them do an investigation of some sort... good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Old 12-11-2003, 10:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: i cant even sleep anymore (jdmsiR20)

that sucks man. i feel the same way too sometimes, and what sucks the most is that i'm worrying over a dumb money-pitted honda which apparently, somebody wants it more than i do
Old 12-11-2003, 11:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i know where your comin from man....there was a time when i just thought people checkin out my car were admiring what i had done, not scopin **** to jack off it. guess times change.
Old 12-12-2003, 01:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: i cant even sleep anymore (lohatch)

<FONT SIZE="5">Glock 18</FONT>

otherwise keep a baseball bat by your front door and when you hear something go running.

keep your window open and have your ears tuned to that exhaust
Old 12-12-2003, 02:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: i cant even sleep anymore (JUN EK9)

I perform my insomniac duties right by my garage and can't park more than two cars in it. I have 2 cars and my GF have 1 so she gets one spot and I the other. My daily driver EH project was just completed, is parked right outside the garage.

One time I thought I heard a door close so I ran from the backyard and saw a kid running away. I was angry and scared at the same time. I had no idea who this kid was. Keep in mind that I had just put in a new $400 CD/MP3 player and front component speakers in my car as my other car is completely gutted so I never had the luxury of sound other then the humming of my exhaust and motor in my car, for a long time that was music to my ears.

The next night I did the same thing and listen for any sounds. To my surprise the idiot kid had returned. And this time I left the door unlocked so he can get in the car. Well when he got in the car I went from the back dragged his *** out and made him see daylight at 3AM. To my surprise it was my neighborÂ’s 15 yr old kid!!!

The next morning before I could go and tell his father what had happened he came to my house and wanted to know what had happened to his son. I told him that he was trying to steal some stuff out of my car at 3 in the morning. I explained him that I was a Honda enthusiast and am very touchy about my cars. The guy understood what I felt, cause he himself is a Corvette enthusiast and owns a 99 Lingenfelter vette (Very fast and a fine piece of machinery people).

Well last I heard the kid is still grounded for his actions.
Old 12-12-2003, 11:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: i cant even sleep anymore (sickSOLvtec)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sickSOLvtec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">that sucks man, any chance you could explain this to your folks and get a spot in the garage?</TD></TR></TABLE>
no such luck i ahve no garage we live in a town house community and i have talked to my mom and step dad about it and they feel that its my fault for investing in something "stupid" anyway. see i dont get any love in this area either only good thing having a drug dealer in my neighborhood is that the cops are always driving past his house (which is 4 houses down) so they do drive by sometimes but still i hate the fact that ****** theives wanna try and steal my car it isnt even vtec( one reason i went with a ls swap)....
i am goign to the flea market today and i am thinkin about buying another butterfly knife too.
Old 12-12-2003, 12:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dragboy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
no such luck i ahve no garage we live in a town house community and i have talked to my mom and step dad about it and they feel that its my fault for investing in something "stupid" anyway. see i dont get any love in this area either only good thing having a drug dealer in my neighborhood is that the cops are always driving past his house (which is 4 houses down) so they do drive by sometimes but still i hate the fact that ****** theives wanna try and steal my car it isnt even vtec( one reason i went with a ls swap)....
i am goign to the flea market today and i am thinkin about buying another butterfly knife too. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Hate to hurt your feelings, but if there are 4 guys like you were talking about a butterfly knife is'nt going to help you out much. Sounds like you've been cased and if you don't have an alarm with a proximity sensor that should be your first thing to do. Other than that you know what all you can do about car security.
Old 12-12-2003, 12:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

my old man once told me, "never bring a knife to a gun fight"
better off to involve the law enforcement, although they sometimes seem worthless. instead of the butterfly knife you should get some handcuffs, that was you can keep the thieves on hold while you wait for the cops.....or you could have some fun with your female friends
Old 12-12-2003, 01:01 PM

Default Re: i cant even sleep anymore (lohatch)

It may not be practical but I saw this awsome security system I think it was dutch or somthing but when the alarm goes off it shoots giant flame throwers out from under the side of the car
Old 12-12-2003, 01:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: i cant even sleep anymore (bawllinonabudget)

man.. so many cars getting jacked right now.. I hate the holidays.

Full coverage insurance is the only way to protect your car. Anything you do to actually stop them from taking your ride is just going to make them pissed and they'll vandalize it.
Old 12-12-2003, 01:44 PM
Risky Business

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Re: i cant even sleep anymore (jolt-tsp)

That really sucks man...I just park the car, put on security, and hope for the best. Theres nothing else I can do. I'm sure my car has been cased before but I try my best just to leave nothing in there of value and make the exterior as stock as possible. Good luck man...hope you can get some sleep one of these days
Old 12-12-2003, 02:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: i cant even sleep anymore (BauleyCivic)

i am goign to the flea market today and i am thinkin about buying another butterfly knife too.

Why not a dog, motion sensor flood lights, some kind of secuirty. Put up so many ******* lights that it looks like a helipad! Alarm on garage?
Old 12-12-2003, 02:42 PM

thats sucks man... hopefully nothing happens...
Old 12-12-2003, 03:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: i cant even sleep anymore (Kikomon)

lol i do have a security system that was one of the first things i did b4 the swap went in was to have one installed with a proximity and fuel/ign cut and other goodies. but stil if a theif wants a car well enough he will get it. any sign of strait crazy violence that i can show them though i thnk would possibly make them think "wait this ****** is crazy lets just go to the next car". i hate hopeing for the best also because my insurance company( and most i asked) will not cover , motor swaps, performance parts ect. only thing they will cover is my head unit (which i dont even have a reciept for because it was a gift) and wheels and suspension. even tho i dont have wheels, on the car or anything flashy. thats the reason why i do not want a cf hood or cf lip or rims. i like having something not looked at but still the certain ones still notice it i guess and have seen me at the track with it.
Old 12-12-2003, 03:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

move
Old 12-12-2003, 04:51 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: i cant even sleep anymore (sshaikh01)

You ever think that they are visiting the street pharmacist neighbor of yours and just by coincidence take note of your car. My suggestion, kill switch, autolock, wheelclub, hoodlatch relocation, ECU removal every night, alarm, and prayer then hope for the best.
Old 12-12-2003, 09:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: i cant even sleep anymore (SIRIUS)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SIRIUS &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You ever think that they are visiting the street pharmacist neighbor of yours and just by coincidence take note of your car. My suggestion, kill switch, autolock, wheelclub, hoodlatch relocation, ECU removal every night, alarm, and prayer then hope for the best.</TD></TR></TABLE>

the street pharmacist is a dear freind of mine heehe and he wanted to go look for the kid one time when i went to go after them in the third time they drove by and shoot them lol...... he's a lil on the edge of reality so i dunno if they would chance their supply by doing that. lol.
i do pray for the best if i could get money for the swap i wouldnt car but i really cant so i am assed out
Old 12-12-2003, 09:37 PM

just keep a butterfly knife on u when u sleep man or go anywhere or keep a sword in your room by your door
Old 12-12-2003, 11:05 PM

Default Re: i cant even sleep anymore (Night_Ryder)

Be cautious man you never know how crazy bastard theives can be ..I mean come on there THEIVES!

Keep your eyes and ears peeled and start stappin your NINE!

thieves
Old 12-12-2003, 11:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: i cant even sleep anymore (QUICKERSILV3R)

something simple yet may be effective is a motion detector light... mount it on the house and have the spotlight face your car... when motion is detected, light turns on (duh )... but yeah, theives can get scared off just like that... if it fails...

tell the damn police!! trespassing is illegal!!! bitch and moan at them until one (or many) of the officers are informed.... GOOD LUCK...
Old 12-13-2003, 12:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

how bought buying a surveilance if you can afford alarm you can surely afford a cheap easy surveilance, go to harborfreight.com they have a package for cheap dirt cheap and you will also need a small tv you can cop and a vcr local garage sales spend what 200 300 bucks at most and your set? if nothing wrong with your car then just rewind the tape press record everytime you feel your car is vulnerable. i would mount tv and vcr in yoru garage andeverytime your on the way out or in record it goes easy access. just my input. thats if your house and parking is setup convenient enough.

Quick Reply: i cant even sleep anymore