Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

I can't beleive this happened to me (Hasport inside)

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 06:23 PM
GO GIANTS!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I can't beleive this happened to me (Hasport inside)

So I figured I'd let you guys know about my little incident that happened tonight. It has to do with Hasport motor mounts and NO torque mounts.

NOT STARTING A DEBATE HERE. JUST LETTING EVERYONE KNOW MY STORY!

So check this. I'm at a traffic light and when it turns green, I leave normally. (No high reving, spin tires, burn clutch, ect ect.) So then I hear this loud CRUNCH! I'm like WTF! so I go into 2nd gear and it's hard as [freak] to get into. I immediately pull over, pop my hood and see my motor slanted down! (WTF) The studs on the driver side mount snapped in half!

Now this is after 1 of having these Hasport mounts and brand new studs from Honda and torqued to spec. How or why this happened, I have no idea. But I am deffenitly looking into Torque mounts for sure.

Moral: Better to be safe then sorry.

<FONT SIZE="3">Pictures on Page 2. </FONT>

Modified by HondamanXxX at 6:51 PM 5/31/2008
Old 05-28-2008, 06:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I can't beleive this happened to me (HondamanXxX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HondamanXxX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Moral: Better to be safe then sorry. </TD></TR></TABLE>

bad luck but agreed on the moral of the story
Old 05-28-2008, 06:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think im putting mine back on now, thanks for sharing .
Old 05-28-2008, 06:33 PM
GO GIANTS!

Default Re: I can't beleive this happened to me (z6hatchboy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mini_EG &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">bad luck</TD></TR></TABLE>

Better believe that.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by z6hatchboy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I think im putting mine back on now, thanks for sharing . </TD></TR></TABLE>

For sure man.

I mean why wouldn't you want toque mounts? It's best to try keeping the motor still as possible.
Old 05-28-2008, 06:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HondamanXxX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I mean why wouldn't you want toque mounts? It's best to try keeping the motor still as possible. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I cant lie, i was lazy after i rebuilt my motor and dropped it in, didnt figure i would need them yet because i was on a 1000 mile break-in period. I finished turboing it about a month ago and forgot about that mount. However, i raced my friends 97' bmw m3 (only lost by about 2 cars) the other week and when i went to pull in my driveway i couldnt get it in first or seconf hardly. So i spent a half hour the next day trying to get in gear and it finally went back to normal. I wonder something happened to my mount like your did (because i was hitting gears, and my 6 puck act has no mercy, lol)
Old 05-28-2008, 06:43 PM
GO GIANTS!

Default Re: I can't beleive this happened to me (z6hatchboy)

Right now outside I have a block of wood and a jack holding up the motor level, like where its supposed to be. I then tried putting it in Neutral and it went smoothly. I'd look into that if I were you.
Old 05-28-2008, 06:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

damn i just got the hasport mounts and ive been good so far...
Old 05-28-2008, 06:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I can't beleive this happened to me (miguel329)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by miguel329 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">damn i just got the hasport mounts and ive been good so far...</TD></TR></TABLE>, Its not about the hasport mount as much as i think lack of torque mount
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HondamanXxX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Right now outside I have a block of wood and a jack holding up the motor level, like where its supposed to be. I then tried putting it in Neutral and it went smoothly. I'd look into that if I were you. </TD></TR></TABLE>
I deff will give that a check tomarrow in shop class
Old 05-28-2008, 06:52 PM
HT White Ops

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HondamanXxX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">NOT STARTING A DEBATE HERE. JUST LETTING EVERYONE KNOW MY STORY!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Same here!

HASPORT is a couple of miles away from me...

I dunno - I just can't get past their name! Best kept secret in the industry!

The H-A-S in HASPORT stands for Honda Auto Salvage... Really! It's a junk yard!

They're down the street from Ho Ho Honda Salvage, if that tells you anything...

Guess you gotta be there!
Old 05-28-2008, 06:53 PM
GO GIANTS!

Default Re: I can't beleive this happened to me (miguel329)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by miguel329 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">damn i just got the hasport mounts and ive been good so far...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Like I've stated above, Idk what the problem was. All I was doing was informing everyone what happened.

Also, I'm not sure the rate on the mounts that I have but I will look into it tomorrow.
Old 05-28-2008, 06:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

So is it the front ac compressor one..or the tranny mount or what?
Old 05-28-2008, 06:58 PM
GO GIANTS!

Default Re: I can't beleive this happened to me (EJ8 GSR-T)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EJ8 GSR-T &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So is it the front ac compressor one..or the tranny mount or what?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Driver side or Timing belt. Whatever you wana call it.
Old 05-28-2008, 07:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i used to run the mount by themselves and my engine would still lift and hit the hood. once on the road course going into a turni slammed the brakes the peddle went to the floor. i had to down shift and ebrake thru the turn. popped my hood and the motor mount was hanging on by one stud and was slanting, pinching the brake booster hose shut. i recently added new oem torque mount and filled them with urethane. yet to have driven the car, but i can no longer move the engine by hand
Old 05-28-2008, 07:11 PM
GO GIANTS!

Default Re: (raiden571)

^^ Thanks for sharing man. GL to you and the new setup.

This was taking from another thread just now.
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blwn95civic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Been there before too

After work coming home, turned off the main road to a side road then heard a thunk and the car stopped moving like the clutch came out of it... opened the door and looked under the car cause i thought i broke a axle and see the oil pan about 2" off the ground. Popped the hood to find a broke passenger axle, and the crank pulley against the frame rail holdin the motor off the ground. Passenger side motor mount bolts backed out after 5000 miles and proper torque settings. Needless to say i now have my torque mounts installed and a **** load of loc-tite on all the motor mount bolts.

The torque mounts do help. I filled mine with black silicone to make them stiffer so there more like a solid rubber mount now. While my car was being dyno'd i didnt have the torque mounts installed and that was one of the first things i was told to do before takin the car down track, its better to be safe than sorry.</TD></TR></TABLE>
https://honda-tech.com/zero...92072
Old 05-28-2008, 07:18 PM
HRD PKR

so what actually broke on the hasport???

Ive ran mine for over 2 years and they been perfectly fine no tq mounts
Old 05-28-2008, 07:21 PM
Global Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

damn that sucks..

any pic's?
Old 05-28-2008, 07:22 PM
GO GIANTS!

Default Re: I can't beleive this happened to me (B16B_coupe)

Nothing broke on the Hasport mounts. I'm just unsure why my two studs just broke so clean. As stated above, I have no idea how it happened. But, now I'm seeing that it happened to a few people and I think everyone should know this. I've read a lot about these mounts and never heard anything like this. So I started this thread to let everyone know what had happened.

It is better safe then sorry.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hasport &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I would still run the torque mounts with the Hasport mount kit. They do keep the engine from tourqing and they also keep the engine from entering the passenger compartment in event of a crash. </TD></TR></TABLE>

From the thread posted above as well.

EDTI: I'll take some pictures tomorrow.
Old 05-28-2008, 07:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

More info, what type of motor, what bracket post do you, 3 or 2? If its 3 did you have the bolt in it as well? I dont believe the tq mounts would have helped you any. But yea like mentioned pics.
Old 05-28-2008, 07:36 PM
GO GIANTS!

Default Re: I can't beleive this happened to me (Luserkid)

Setup: GSR motor, Si bracket and studs, Hasport B-Series Mount Kit. Pictures to come tomorrow.
Old 05-28-2008, 07:48 PM

damn man, sorry to hear! Glad it didnt take anything else out with it..
Old 05-28-2008, 08:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I can't beleive this happened to me (.Ej8 yaahh)

man your lucky. I broke all three studs that go into that mount on the timing belt side. I didn't know it when it happened but I was driving down the interstate and hit a small bump and the oil pan smacked the ground. and broke the drain plug out of my oil pan. the next day we got it back to my buddys shop and he put the oversized drain plug in and I looked over at my car on the jackstands and I noticed that my motor was sitting about four inches lower on that side. so yeah I feel you pain man.
Old 05-28-2008, 09:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: I can't beleive this happened to me (eghatchneeded)

Bummer man. I plan on still running both lower torque mounts when I throw my two liter in.
Old 05-29-2008, 08:49 AM
H-T Premium Sponsor

Received 72 Likes on 58 Posts
Default Re: I can't beleive this happened to me (gabebauman)

Torque mounts should be run regardless of having a mount kit or not.
Not only do they keep the engine from torquing back. It is a saftey issue as well. They keep the engine from going into the passenger compartment in the event of an accident.

Modified by Hasport at 10:03 AM 5/29/2008
Old 05-29-2008, 11:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: I can't beleive this happened to me (Hasport)

Sadly to say I ripped the motor mount right off the block on the driver's side when daily driving with my innovative mount w/o tourqe mounts. Bottem end is now useless.
Old 05-29-2008, 01:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I need to put mine on the HB too! I've had no such issues, but my tuner said it'll help with the motor/tranny movement at higher revs too.

Quick Reply: I can't beleive this happened to me (Hasport inside)