Old 05-25-2005, 03:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I am SO mad right now....

Modified by Hatch It at 11:32 PM 7/6/2005
Old 05-25-2005, 04:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I am SO mad right now.... (Hatch It)

Go back to the shop that changed your tires, let them see the damage they did. Have them fix it.
Old 05-25-2005, 04:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

go now,...dont wait too long
Old 05-25-2005, 04:04 PM
Electrician

Default Re: I am SO mad right now.... (extra cam needed)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by extra cam needed &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Go back to the shop that changed your tires, let them see the damage they did. Have them fix it. </TD></TR></TABLE>

/thread
Old 05-25-2005, 04:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I am SO mad right now.... (Dimitri_EG8 a.k.a. Dimi)

I did, they said they have no responsibility because the car was lowered and not stock and had burnout tires which could have affected the lugs ?

They say there not responsible for anything that had happened.....
Old 05-25-2005, 04:07 PM
Electrician

Lawyer.

If they aren't responsible because your car is modified, they should have told you that they aren't responsible for anything and have your consent to continue working on the car.
Old 05-25-2005, 04:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (Dimitri_EG8 a.k.a. Dimi)

Yeah they should warn you that they take no responsibility since your car is lowered and modified. When I went to get an alignment at Sears they warned me that cars that were too low wouldn't make it onto their alignment rack.
Old 05-25-2005, 04:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (chowmien)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by chowmien &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yeah they should warn you that they take no responsibility since your car is lowered and modified. When I went to get an alignment at Sears they warned me that cars that were too low wouldn't make it onto their alignment rack.</TD></TR></TABLE>

See i think they forced mine onto it and broke an axle.....

and to raise it up onto the lift they prob jammed a jack underneith of the front of the car and slid right into the oil pan

Im about to take them to court
Old 05-25-2005, 04:24 PM

Default Re: (Hatch It)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hatch It &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">See i think they forced mine onto it and broke an axle.....</TD></TR></TABLE>

First off there is no way to **** up an axle like you mentioned think about it. To get a car on an alignment rack you drive onto it. Plain and simple. There basicly like driving your car onto ramps, only there like 10ft long. Period

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hatch It &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">and to raise it up onto the lift they prob jammed a jack underneith of the front of the car and slid right into the oil pan </TD></TR></TABLE>
Depending on the shop you took it to that is possible.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hatch It &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Im about to take them to court </TD></TR></TABLE>
If thats what you have to do to get them to reapair the stuff then by all means do it.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hatch It &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I did, they said they have no responsibility because the car was lowered and not stock and had burnout tires which could have affected the lugs ?</TD></TR></TABLE>

That is complete bull ****, what they did was put on your lugs cross threaded them and ussed an impact with no regard to the proper torque. They make torque sticks for a reason.
Old 05-25-2005, 04:52 PM

thats why i do all my own work
Old 05-25-2005, 05:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (Once was Morhpeous)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Once was Morhpeous &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">thats why i do all my own work</TD></TR></TABLE>

Same here but I doubt you have a tire mounting machine in your garage. Those are pretty pricy. I go to shops where they sell aftermaket wheels to mount the tires no the wheels and I mount and torque them on my car myself. Sorry for the **** that garage is causing you. If you do take them to court, I hope you won't have any trouble proving that they were the cause of the damages.
Old 05-25-2005, 05:30 PM
Unceasing Measure

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Just a suggestion, but having another thread selling your car on the same page as this one is not a good idea, especially when the for sale thread cites your lowering as the cause of the oilpan damage.
Old 05-25-2005, 05:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

damn that sucks take it back to the shop and make them fix waht they broke dumb asses
Old 05-25-2005, 06:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I am SO mad right now.... (hatch34)

Well i just got a new oil pan real quick from a friend, and im having it installed this week so that problem is fixed.....

the axle and the lug nut is still in the air, im going to go back to them tomorrow....hopefully they might rethink what they did.....

The whole axle thing is interesting though, I brought the car there with an axle that was perfectly fine, i got the car back with it making bump sounds and all sorts of odd sounds.....so something def happened...i just dont know what

*car is nto for sale anymore.... if that is a good smiley face....
Old 05-25-2005, 06:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

dam that sucks man

I would try to take them to court to pay for the damages to your car
Old 05-25-2005, 06:33 PM

that why they are called tire monkeys dude, they are animals.
Old 05-25-2005, 07:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I am SO mad right now.... (snoochtodanooch)

**** those guys sue them
Old 05-25-2005, 07:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I am SO mad right now.... (dohcVTECeg2)

That's some BS dude , hope everything works out for you
Old 05-25-2005, 10:26 PM

Default Re: I am SO mad right now.... (.kk.)

They must warn before doing work on a modified car that they wont take responsibility for consequences.
Old 05-25-2005, 11:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

this coming from a guy who has done tires for a few years now. first of all those dumbasses should have jacked up the car from the proper locations,not put it on a rack.second they should have told you of the hazards when working on a lowered vehicle.third the axle and oil pan deal is just rediculous there is no way someone in their right mind would do this crap.to me it sounds like the car was on the rack and possible slipped off.what you should do is go back and explain to them what happened again and see if there is any reasonable way for them to fix that ****.also find out if this is a small business or a corporate owned one if corp. owned call up the main office and tell them your situation.sorry this is so long but i have dealt with a few issues like this and i just want to try to help good luck getting this resolved.

ps snootch not all of us are animals there are some of us who care about our work.i know what you meant tho.no hard feelings.lol.
Old 05-26-2005, 01:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I am SO mad right now.... (lsvtec-crx)

throw in the d15b already haha
Old 05-26-2005, 06:38 AM
H-T Order of Merit

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

damn, that sucks

When I had my Accord, it was only lowered about 1.5" on Eibach springs and it was to low to go onto the lifts at Discount Tire. So the first time I went in there I told them my car is lowered and they first asked, "Does it have underbody lights?" I was like no. So they said it should be fine. I said ok and when they tried they almost ripped off the front mud guards. They appolagized and moved it into the bay with no lift and used regular jacks. Nothing was wrong with the car other than almost ripping off the mud guards. Another time I went in there I specifically told them not to put it on the lift because the car is too low. They noted it on the work order and when I heard my car start up and looked out the window to see the guy pulling it up to a lift. I jumped up and ran out but the guy had started pulling it up already. Again, almost ripped the mud guards off but nothing else. I made a big scene since I had specifically asked to not be on a lift, they tried anyway, then I had to wait for the bay with no lift to open up. I guess I made a big enough scene because they gave me a discount.

Just don't hold back. Let them know you plan on taking this as far as it needs to go. If that means legal action then so be it but hope it doesn't come to that. Good luck.

edit:
about your Psi comment. When I had my snow tires mounted, I brought them home and installed them myself. I didn't think to check the Psi, guess I just figured they had them set already. So I take it out for a test drive and it feels really lose in the back end while in a turn, I mean real lose. On the way back, this lady cuts out because she didn't see me or whatever so I swerve to miss her and it felt like I was going to spin. I corrected it and felt like I was almost "fish tailing". Something was obviously wrong. So I pull over and check the tire pressure, both fronts were 34 and both rears were 58! I was pissed. That and amazed as to how I picked the two correct ones and put them up front and the two wrong ones and put them in the rear. So I let out some air to equalize the pressure and all was good. So always double check the tire pressure.

Modified by TouringAccord at 11:04 AM 5/26/2005
Old 05-26-2005, 07:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I am SO mad right now.... (TouringAccord)

Sounds like a court case for incompetence (like my spelling ability ) to me.
Old 05-26-2005, 07:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

this is some of the craziest **** i've ever heard. i work at a place that does tires, and even the rednecks there know how to properly get a lowered car (like mine and my manager's) on a lift. good lord. also, just like everyone is saying, if they don't hold responsiblity for damages to lowered cars, they're required by law to advise you of that BEFORE any work is done. contact a lawyer, explain the situation, and have him contact the shop. chances are, once they know that you're all business and they're facing a possible lawsuit, they'll do what needs to done to make you happy and not make things messy.