Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hydro-lock question

edit

Modified by cu_jarrett at 2:40 PM 4/12/2005
Old 07-09-2004, 09:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: hydro-lock question (cu_jarrett)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cu_jarrett &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">How worried should i be?</TD></TR></TABLE>

very worried. your car died right after the puddle is a sign it's possibly hydrolocked. but it started again is another story. good luck.

EDIT:
there was a thread about checking to see if it's hydrolock a few weeks back.
Old 07-09-2004, 09:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: hydro-lock question (handa)

i'd be worried to an extent, pull ur plugs to check and see if u have any unwelcomed water inside and then do an oil change just to play it safe
Old 07-09-2004, 09:41 PM
non

Default Re: hydro-lock question (handa)

hence the word hydro - "LOCK" as in "seized" as in "Go Nowhere" as in "Do not pass go do not collect 200 dollars"
Old 07-09-2004, 09:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: hydro-lock question (eg2R)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eg2R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hence the word hydro - "LOCK" as in "seized" as in "Go Nowhere" as in "Do not pass go do not collect 200 dollars" </TD></TR></TABLE>

just because it didnt happen right then and there dosent mean it cant happen in the future do some searching on the boards. you will see that its happened to many people in that fashion where they think its okay then it does it
Old 07-10-2004, 12:10 AM
non

Default Re: hydro-lock question (Donkey85)

it can't happen all of a sudden for no reason,

a 747 "could" land on your car in the future I guess
Old 07-10-2004, 12:23 AM

Default Re: hydro-lock question (eg2R)

ok it may not be hydrolocked. but i can tell you it can happen. i had the same problem as this guy. hit a puddle car died. towed it home and then dried everything out. pulled the spark plugs yadda yadda. finaly got it started ran pretty good too. till about 2 hours later when it decided to blow. guess what it put just enough strain on the connecting rod to not break it but seriuosly weaken it. so if you dont know about this subject dont waste peoples time. advice to the thread starter before you drive it much farther. i would check everything i could. good luck.
water ownz hondas
Old 07-10-2004, 06:58 AM
H-T White Ops

Default Re: hydro-lock question (slammed00si)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by slammed00si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ok it may not be hydrolocked. but i can tell you it can happen. i had the same problem as this guy. hit a puddle car died. towed it home and then dried everything out. pulled the spark plugs yadda yadda. finaly got it started ran pretty good too. till about 2 hours later when it decided to blow. guess what it put just enough strain on the connecting rod to not break it but seriuosly weaken it. so if you dont know about this subject dont waste peoples time. advice to the thread starter before you drive it much farther. i would check everything i could. good luck.
water ownz hondas</TD></TR></TABLE>
The car probably fucked up on you because you didn't pull the plugs, turn the car over for a few seconds to shoot the water out, do an oil change IMMEDIATELY afterwards, and maybe even invest in some new plugs. I've locked mine up before. To the point where it wouldn't turn over anymore. Did what I said above and it's been fine ever since. That was over 3 years ago too.
Old 07-10-2004, 07:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: hydro-lock question (IslandSi)

it over... your engine reliability went down about 90%... i just rebuilt a k20 for a friend who hydro-locked. his died through a puddle, towed home, drained oil, drained cylinder, blah blah blah... then oil light came on once or twice, changed oil and all that good stuff again, blah blah blah... the engine ran fine, but we wanted to make sure. i pulled of the head and the piston was off... bent rod. complete rebuild.
Old 07-10-2004, 08:30 AM

Default Re: hydro-lock question (cu_jarrett)

you should be fine. a engine is made to take some water. Hinh water injection. If everything is running just chacge your oil and check the plugs to make sure. It prolly died from getting water in the distribter
Old 07-10-2004, 08:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: hydro-lock question (kamui)

engine may be made to sustain "some" water, but it wasn't made to work with a CAI, good luck my friend, just invest in a new engine.
Old 07-10-2004, 09:09 AM

Default Re: hydro-lock question (IslandSi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by IslandSi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
The car probably fucked up on you because you didn't pull the plugs, turn the car over for a few seconds to shoot the water out, do an oil change IMMEDIATELY afterwards, and maybe even invest in some new plugs. I've locked mine up before. To the point where it wouldn't turn over anymore. Did what I said above and it's been fine ever since. That was over 3 years ago too.</TD></TR></TABLE>
im sorry but i doubt new plugs and oil would have stopped the "connecting" rod from snapping in 2. if i would have spun a bearing yeah maybe. obviously you dont know what your talking about. so dont post useless info.