Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

How to obtain a complete Honda Service Bulletin

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 11:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to obtain a complete Honda Service Bulletin

Does anyone on H-T know how to obtain a complete Honda Service Bulletin for a 92 Civic DX M/T? Would a Honda Dealer have this kind of resource and sell it. Thanks in Advance.
Old 02-07-2006, 11:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How to obtain a complete Honda Service Bulletin (EAST BAY)

You don't. Honda has strict controls on TSBs. Ocassionally a site will pop up with them on PDF. Although, when I was having a specific problem on my car, I looked up the TSB number, and was able to get the guy at the parts counter to print it up for me because I 'needed to get the part number'.

Old 02-07-2006, 11:27 AM

any other way loopholes maybe
Old 02-07-2006, 11:40 AM

ive tried alldata.com but American Honda Motor Company has requested ALLDATA to deny access to Acura and Honda repair information.

any honda dealers willing to share the complete TBS?
Old 02-07-2006, 11:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EAST BAY &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Does anyone on H-T know how to obtain a complete Honda Service Bulletin for a 92 Civic DX M/T? Would a Honda Dealer have this kind of resource and sell it. Thanks in Advance.</TD></TR></TABLE>

A service bulletin is something published by the manufacture for something specific to the vehicle. I'm not sure I follow what you mean when asking how to obtain a "complete Honda service bulletin".. Are you asking how to obtain a list of all the service bulletins available for your car? If so, no, you aren't going to buy it from the dealer. They can check your vin and see if you car qualifies for anything, but thats it. Just because there is a bulletin doesn't mean you run down to the dealer because in most cases, your car isn't in the qualifying vin range. If its severe, Honda will notify you via mail.
Old 02-07-2006, 11:45 AM

Default Re: How to obtain a complete Honda Service Bulletin (Hybrid93Eg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hybrid93Eg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

A service bulletin is something published by the manufacture for something specific to the vehicle. I'm not sure I follow what you mean when asking how to obtain a "complete Honda service bulletin".. Are you asking how to obtain a list of all the service bulletins available for your car? If so, no, you aren't going to buy it from the dealer. They can check your vin and see if you car qualifies for anything, but thats it. Just because there is a bulletin doesn't mean you run down to the dealer because in most cases, your car isn't in the qualifying vin range. If its severe, Honda will notify you via mail.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yes

I was hoping i'd get the full list of all the service bulletins for my car, so in the long run i dont have to come back to them if i can fix the problem myself

Old 02-07-2006, 11:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EAST BAY &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">any honda dealers willing to share the complete TBS?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Like I said, definitely not the whole thing. I have been able to finagle one from a parts guy. If you're having a specific problem, you might be able to get one for it. Sometimes websites will pop up with the whole listing on PDF, but they don't usually last long before getting shut down.

Old 02-07-2006, 12:00 PM

Default Re: How to obtain a complete Honda Service Bulletin (AutoXer)

thanks for the input i didnt know it was that hard to obtain it lol information is very expensive
Old 02-07-2006, 12:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EAST BAY &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">thanks for the input i didnt know it was that hard to obtain it lol information is very expensive </TD></TR></TABLE>

There is a reason they don't publish them so freely. Too many people assume they have an issue once they read them then rush to the dealer only to be "let down"...
Old 09-19-2006, 11:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How to obtain a complete Honda Service Bulletin (EH2 on Steelies)

Hey, found a Service Bulletin for my buddies 97 Civic LX. Here is the link for those interested... It's in PDFiles.

http://www.driveaccord.net/for...=3182