Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

How much strength to push up a Tokico Illumina strut so that...

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2003, 03:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much strength to push up a Tokico Illumina strut so that...

It can be connected to the damper fork and then to the LCA?????????????

I wanna do this install by myself but it's hard as hell to push the LCA and the entire fork up and down to get it right by myself
Old 03-05-2003, 03:51 PM
Trial User

Default Re: How much strength to push up a Tokico Illumina strut so that... (psychotic)

Dude i don't mean to be rude but how may threads are you going to make about this? I told you in your other thread to use a jack. I've done probly 15 suspension jobs by MYSELF it's not hard. If you're having this much of a problem maybe you should have someone help you out. Good luck.
Old 03-05-2003, 04:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How much strength to push up a Tokico Illumina strut so that... (mantic6t9)

And I asked you where do you put the jack? Jesus Christ man, do you own this forum? If not, then **** off. I'm here to ask, what do you think this forum is for, dick?
Old 03-05-2003, 04:10 PM

Default Re: How much strength to push up a Tokico Illumina strut so that... (psychotic)

And I asked you where do you put the jack? Jesus Christ man, do you own this forum? If not, then **** off. I'm here to ask, what do you think this forum is for, dick?
Oh no you didn't just say that to him!! He is a respected veteran of this board and you come in acting like a fucktard! Dude, Mantic, I know you have slowed down posting because of these Noobs and there dumbass questions, but please don't hurt us by leaving all together. If anything I think this multiple-posting moron should leave and let the veterans stay here. Stop being an *******, there is no reason for you to call him a dick because he asked you why you are multi-posting the same subject! ******' Noobs!
Old 03-05-2003, 04:13 PM
Trial User

LOL. Well I would answer your question but i don't know if i want to now. Sorry i didn't know you had asked where to put the jack. You didn't have to make another thread about this you could have simply put it in on of the other 3 or 4 threads you made about this. I'll say it again good luck
Old 03-05-2003, 04:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: How much strength to push up a Tokico Illumina strut so that... (mantic6t9)

LOL. Well I would answer your question but i don't know if i want to now. Sorry i didn't know you had asked where to put the jack. You didn't have to make another thread about this you could have simply put it in on of the other 3 or 4 threads you made about this. I'll say it again good luck
soem one is holding back.
Old 03-05-2003, 04:33 PM
Trial User

Default Re: How much strength to push up a Tokico Illumina strut so that... (EricEG)

Look i'm going to help you out 'cause i'm a good person. Please explain to me exactly what your problem is and i'll tell you what to do.
Old 03-05-2003, 04:50 PM
Trial User

I'll start with the way i would do it.

Mount the upper shock mount to the tower and torque the nuts to 47ft/lbs. Now take the bottom of the shock an place it in the damper fork alighn it correctly so that the brake line bracket is the correct spot and torque the 14mm pinch bolt to 32ft-lbs. Now line the top of the shock up so it goes up through the hole in the uppper shock mount, push up on the damper fork and install the damper fork to LCA bolt (you may need to tap it in with a hammer). Torque the nut down to 47ft-lbs. Intall the brake lines onto their bracket an tighten the two 12mm bolts securly. Place a jack under the LCA and jack it up untill you can thread the nuts onto the top of the shock ram in the engine bay and torque them down per your instructions. Repeat for other side.

[Modified by mantic6t9, 11:36 PM 3/5/2003]
Old 03-05-2003, 05:22 PM

I just did this today. The trick to getting the LCA and all attachments to line up is to put a jack under the LCA then jacking it up a few inches, then tapping the top of the brake so it will settle down on the LCA. After moving it up then tapping it down, the holes will line up. Good luck! Rick
Old 03-05-2003, 06:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How much strength to push up a Tokico Illumina strut so that... (RickChew)

Man: Please forgive myp ost above.

I am a newbie, so forgive me. Your post just finally gave me the right method to install it.

What I was doing was putting the entire damper into the frame first, and bolting those up. Then I was trying to some how push the strut up so that it would compress and then put it into the damper fork. From there I was trying to get the damper fork and the LCA to line up -- and this is where I was having a helluva time getting it to work for me. If I knew that I should use to jack to bolt the strut to the frame LAST I would've been done yesterday already. You just saved me a lot of money because I was going to take it to a shop to get it installed.

I'm really sorry and I hope you forgive me. Thanks man. I appreciate this post.
Old 03-05-2003, 06:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Don't worry we still love you man.....
Old 03-05-2003, 06:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How much strength to push up a Tokico Illumina strut so that... (aw1234dude)

Mantic: When you say line the top of the shock up so it goes up through the hole in the upper shock mount, what do you mean???? Push it up so it goes through the top of the frame where I would bolt the two bolts on under the hood?
Old 03-05-2003, 07:06 PM
Trial User

Yes this part
Old 03-05-2003, 07:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Can you tell me how I would get a stock spring/strut back onto the rear of the car? I had a hard time trying to figure out how I was gonna step on the brake by myself and then install the rear struts.
Old 03-05-2003, 07:20 PM
Solbros Owns Me

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Can you tell me how I would get a stock spring/strut back onto the rear of the car? I had a hard time trying to figure out how I was gonna step on the brake by myself and then install the rear struts.
I did mine by myself the other night with brand new KYB's. If you have adjustable coils....lower them ALL the way, that way you don't have to fight the spring. If not, just use muscle. If that dont work...get something to push down on the rotor for you
Old 03-05-2003, 07:55 PM

Default Re: How much strength to push up a Tokico Illumina strut so that... (Emerica)

I did mine by myself the other night with brand new KYB's. If you have adjustable coils....lower them ALL the way, that way you don't have to fight the spring. If not, just use muscle. If that dont work...get something to push down on the rotor for you
I had a friend stand on it.
Old 03-05-2003, 10:16 PM

Default Re: How much strength to push up a Tokico Illumina strut so that... (Paranoid Android)

yea i install mines all you have to do jack it up lca
Old 03-09-2003, 07:26 PM

Default Re: How much strength to push up a Tokico Illumina strut so that... (ek4 fa sho)

I put a jack under the LCa, jacked it up, then tapped the hub down (w/ hammer) till over and over again untill it lined up. Rick