Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 12:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon2 How much is my car worth?

I have a 92 CX with the following:

Thermal R&D 3" Turbo back exhaust with custom 3" Testpipe
Peakboost Ram Style Turbo Kit (Retail $2900) >1000 miles on kit
Kit was professionally installed and tuned by Absolute Proformance Finksburg, MD
440CC Injectors
Innovate Wideband O2 w/guage
B18b Ls engine with approx. 65K
Civic Si Wheels
4 Brand New Hankook Ventus HRII H405 (Retail $208) %100 BRAND NEW
Apex-i AFC Neo
Type R Style Front and rear lips

Body of car is in perfect shape as it is in the body shop right now getting painted. There is not one ding or dent on the car anywhere and no rust. House of Kolors Burt orange paint soon to come.

I am going through some financial hardships right now and just had a child so I was wondering what you think I might be able to get for my weekend warrior. I know I have not provided any pictures so I am only expecting a rough estimate
Old 12-12-2008, 01:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You can get a rough estimate of what it would be worth, but it would be just that and nothing more. You can add up the costs of all your parts and modifications, but that's not really accurate. When it comes down to it, the car is only worth what someone will pay for it and what you're willing to let it go for.
Old 12-12-2008, 01:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would pay about 3,500k up to about 5,500k for that, but you just getting a fresh paint job?

The problem with putting money on cars like this is you have to be realistic, your not going to get all the money back. You can ask above the kelly blue book value, but you have to be within reason. You might have put a lot of work into it and think you should get more but thats just how it is.
Old 12-12-2008, 01:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

2 dollars! I would start about where T3KNiQe is. List it at 6k and see what happens.
Old 12-12-2008, 02:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah i understand im not going to get nearly what i put into it with all the parts and labor. I just was wondering what i might be able to list it for ballpark. Thanks for the replies, I was thinking somewhere around 6k so its close to what i was thinking. The paint is in the process of being completed. I had already paid upfront for the paint job so it is being done anyway, and the car is already blocked, preped, and primed so its half way there. Thanks again guys
Old 12-12-2008, 02:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'd say you could probably get more than that if you have time to wait for the right buyer.
Old 12-12-2008, 02:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

How many miles on the chassis and motor?
Old 12-12-2008, 04:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would say about 4k depending on how the paint looks when it's done.
Old 12-12-2008, 05:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

145000 on the chassis
Old 12-12-2008, 05:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

$6500. People pay for clean EGs. Especially with a B-series swap, but the nice turbo kit, fresh paint, and the fact that it's tuned will sell it fast. I would say $6500 firm for that. Clean EGs are going for alot these days. Don't go any lower, let them know it's clean, done right, and that you know it.
Old 12-13-2008, 11:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks all for your input. I am going to get some pictures of the car and get it listed as soon as the paint job is done. Sad to see it go but times is rough these days and I have a $500 car note on another vehicle and a new baby boy.
Old 12-13-2008, 12:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah, baby > car. Ha, obviously. Congratulations!
Old 12-13-2008, 12:40 PM
hj2
Honda-Tech Member

lol, x2 on the baby

but lotta hatchbacks r selling these days cause of gas prices and all

i got my hatchback with a bunch of goodies, fresh paint, and a gsr swap for 6400. i could have gotten it for lower, but i loved the car

if you really have the time/patience and the OEM parts, part out the car. you'll get more money and people are more likely to buy a stock car.

i would say ask for 6500 and see what people say

good luck on the sell
Old 12-13-2008, 03:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I myself wouldn't go any lower than 6.5 -7K. Seriously dude. These guys on here saying they would give you 4K is absolute lower balling. If the motor is fresh and turbocharged as well as a clean body with fresh good paint I myself would sit on it for 7K.
Old 12-13-2008, 06:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Go and get a Kelley Blue Book retail value, then add up everything you've done to the car and divide that in half and add that to the suggested retail value.

EXAMPLE: Car is worth $3000 according to KBB, you've done $7000 in upgrades, so add $3500 to $3000...........$6500. It sucks, but you will never get what you've put into a car.

That's what I do at least.
Old 12-13-2008, 06:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You will get what someone is willing to pay.

I have seen extremes on both sides. Cars sell for way more and cars sell for so much less. It really depends how quick you need to sell. Economy is sucking too.
Old 12-13-2008, 08:18 PM

You may find someone that is looking for your set up but may take awhile to find that person. Worst comes to worst find the stock parts swap them in and sell off your turbo stuff
Old 12-13-2008, 08:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

my hatch got hit in the passengerside quarter panel last week, some girl was driving without a license and wasnt paying attention. as i was making a turn she doin her thing and didnt bother to brake and she pushed in my quarter panel. it wasn't an impact so frame and everything was straight, alignment strait, passenger door open perfect. my insurance totaled my car. they said the damage was $2200. they told me my car was only worth like $1300, so my car is totalled. i mean come on its an 92 CIVIC SI, clean as HELL!. i wash it and clean it every friday. IN the end all i got was $1700. my car is totalled, now its going to be a salvage title, and now its worth nothing. but its still gonna look great when im done with it.
Old 12-13-2008, 08:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yea i was in the same issue! couldnt get what i wanted !!!almost same setup wit a gsr swap... got a lil over 11 grand in the car tried getting 7k didnt even get a offer higher then 5500.. so i said f&ck that kept my baby... struggling with bills but i know id hate to regret it... i wouldnt go lower then 6000 anything less their trying to rob you lol.
Old 12-13-2008, 09:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hit us up with some pictures, I'd agree on nothing less than $6500
Old 12-13-2008, 09:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by SOHC_civic_si
I myself wouldn't go any lower than 6.5 -7K. Seriously dude. These guys on here saying they would give you 4K is absolute lower balling. If the motor is fresh and turbocharged as well as a clean body with fresh good paint I myself would sit on it for 7K.
HelloOoOoOoOo people, we are in a recession, the economic forcast isn't very bright either, lets all hope this doesn't slide into a global depression.

Look my two older sisters are Independent dealers, I work at a car auction, I've driven EVERY (I really do mean every, no B.S)car that is even/ was in recent production (execpt exotics like ferrari). From fully tuned EG's to stock NSX's to Vipers to carrera 911 GT3's to honda accords to dodge caravans to toyota prius, you name it, etc...For the very first time in my life, these auction cars aren't selling at the auctions, nobody is buying anything.

I'm sorry bro, I'm telling you right now $6,500 is TOP dollar and $4,250 is BOTTOM dollar, your gonna be lucky to get $5250 cash real quick. Sure put it up for 7k and let it sit at that price forever, or put it at $5,995 and really try and stay above the 5K figure.
Old 12-14-2008, 08:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by spoon_concept_eg6
my hatch got hit in the passengerside quarter panel last week, some girl was driving without a license and wasnt paying attention. as i was making a turn she doin her thing and didnt bother to brake and she pushed in my quarter panel. it wasn't an impact so frame and everything was straight, alignment strait, passenger door open perfect. my insurance totaled my car. they said the damage was $2200. they told me my car was only worth like $1300, so my car is totalled. i mean come on its an 92 CIVIC SI, clean as HELL!. i wash it and clean it every friday. IN the end all i got was $1700. my car is totalled, now its going to be a salvage title, and now its worth nothing. but its still gonna look great when im done with it.
It doesn't matter how "clean" the car is, insurance companies go by the books and more than likely your car isn't worth more than $1500 in "Okay" condition. Doesn't make much sense to them to invest $2000 into a $1500 car. If you really wanted your car to be worth on paper what it's worth to you then you should get it appraised, assuming it's in as good shape as you claim it is.
Old 12-14-2008, 09:52 AM

With or without the fact we are in a recession there are people that still will dish out the money. I had a 98 s10 lowered, custom bumpers and all. Had bad bushings int the rear, the header would rattle on something everynow and then and it had no power windows or locks. Blue book was around $3200 and i sold it for $4500. This was a month ago. Only downside is you will have to wait a little while to get what you think its worth but there is always someone who will see a picture of your car and whats done to it and say "Thats what ive been looking for!"
Old 12-14-2008, 12:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

this is before the paint and body work and many other upgrades....i am at work right now i will post some more recent pics when i get home....a lot has changed since these photos were taken. Since these pictures the corner lights were changed to fuill amber, engine bay has been painted, the valve cover was stripped and repainted and coated, wheels were repaired and repainted, also has a brand new shiny stainless radiator and black silicone coolant hoses. Also the car is in full body paint mode right now all dents/dings have been removed and is primered waiting for paint. These pictures are right after i purchased the shell, dropped the ls in, and installed the turbo kit.
Attached Images    
Old 12-14-2008, 02:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by T3KNiQe
HelloOoOoOoOo people, we are in a recession, the economic forcast isn't very bright either, lets all hope this doesn't slide into a global depression.

Look my two older sisters are Independent dealers, I work at a car auction, I've driven EVERY (I really do mean every, no B.S)car that is even/ was in recent production (execpt exotics like ferrari). From fully tuned EG's to stock NSX's to Vipers to carrera 911 GT3's to honda accords to dodge caravans to toyota prius, you name it, etc...For the very first time in my life, these auction cars aren't selling at the auctions, nobody is buying anything.

I'm sorry bro, I'm telling you right now $6,500 is TOP dollar and $4,250 is BOTTOM dollar, your gonna be lucky to get $5250 cash real quick. Sure put it up for 7k and let it sit at that price forever, or put it at $5,995 and really try and stay above the 5K figure.
You sir are very right about the economy. And I hate to be a pessimist, but I unfortunately believe our planet will fall into a global recession. I should have taken in the current situation of our economy before posting. It's just like the housing market. Who is looking to sell property when it's worth is far to low for that individuals liking. Therefore, OP, you must decide how BADLY you need the cash. Because as he is saying you will probably not get what you want.

And BTW OP sick car man! Paint that VC a nice powder coated black or something and that bay would be CLEAN

Quick Reply: How much is my car worth?