Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

how low is to low

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 10:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how low is to low

im gonna get a ek hear soon and wanted to no if i shold go 1.5 drop or like 2/2.5 drop hit me up with how droped ur car is and wit pic thanks!
Old 06-15-2009, 11:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: how low is to low

Don't forget to consider the quality of roads you will be driving. If you live in an area with smooth roads then obviously you can go lower.
Old 06-15-2009, 11:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by bsmith100
Don't forget to consider the quality of roads you will be driving. If you live in an area with smooth roads then obviously you can go lower.
ya thats why i wana see wat it looks like my rex is 2 ich from ground it was hard to go any wer
Old 06-15-2009, 11:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i got a 99 coup n i was lowered like 3 inches but i raised it to bout 2.5 cuz around where i live roads suck n i scraped everything ha but if u got nice roads n stuff id be tuckinnnn

Old 06-15-2009, 11:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

dam ya i think 2 inch be right cuz i want it for my every day
Old 06-15-2009, 11:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would say anywhere between 1 and 2 inches is decent.
Old 06-15-2009, 12:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

My EJ with a B18 up front and stock suspension still scrapes the ****ing exhaust... I hate Chicago...
Old 06-15-2009, 01:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah I wouldn't go lower than 2 in if you are worried about clearing obstacles/bad roads. My friends 00 civic is at 2 with Tein coilovers and it sits JUST right in my eyes and still has respectable clearance.

Has about one to two finger gap between the tire and the fender.

An example of too low would be my other friends 03 GLI. Its at around 2.5 in and he sometimes scraps the oil pan (granted not the same car obviously but you get my meaning). There is basically no gap between the tire and fender. It looks like gdetti's pic, but his back end sits higher with about the same gap as the 00 civic.
Old 06-15-2009, 01:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

3 inch slam is good.
Old 06-15-2009, 01:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well my coupe is at 2.5 and im near the bay area and driving on i-80 is a bitch so im gonna go up to 1.5 maybe 2.. and u can see pics of the coupe on my profile
Old 06-15-2009, 01:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Name:  DSCN0058.jpg
Views: 1457
Size:  100.2 KB
Im about 3 and i live in pa. the potholes here will swallow your car whole.
Old 06-15-2009, 01:49 PM

right now I'd say mine has to be close to 3" drop. Its my dd and here in NY its not bad, but if I drive in the downtown area its pretty rough. I could raise it, but ill just look for another car to dd instead.
Attached Images  
Old 06-15-2009, 02:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

damn 412 hatch, i live in bedford,pa (about 1 and half from pitt) and id never drive my car that low around here! damn pa potholes and construction! even at 2" my em1 scraps just goin in and outta my driveway! so im redoing driveway!!
Old 06-15-2009, 02:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by roadsqueegy95
damn 412 hatch, i live in bedford,pa (about 1 and half from pitt) and id never drive my car that low around here! damn pa potholes and construction! even at 2" my em1 scraps just goin in and outta my driveway! so im redoing driveway!!
i live about 5min from pitt and my *** puckers everytime i drive my car. top of wheelwell is 21in to the ground. i 3 wheel in to everywhere
Old 06-15-2009, 02:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

lol i know the feeling!
Old 06-15-2009, 02:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I live in Hagerstown,md area and my car has a 2.3in drop on tein springs it sits nice and low i would love to clear the extra inch gap from tire to wheel well with some coils but as of right not my mid pipe hits speedbumps,potholes hurt but i dont scrape but i definately awoid them and anything i know i dont wanna hit in my car,i cant go through a lot of the alleys around here and come back out on streets because of the angle to get out i hit frame but here is mine with the 2.3drop on steelies 14's

dont mine the crappy look of my car it looks 100% different now i get pics up in around oct because my license is gone for a bit
Old 06-15-2009, 02:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i got an eg hatch thats sooooo slammed it's not funny, until i hit a bump and my cd player skips....then i laugh. here in eugene the roads are ****...i just have certain roads i drive on. you gotta do what you gotta do to roll with the big boys.
Old 06-15-2009, 02:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

would you guys lower the car about 1.5/2" with stock struts?? for DD i have a 95 LX
Old 06-15-2009, 03:33 PM

Dude there is no such thing as too low..... haha if your shooting for baller status and have some nice wheels to tuck, scrape on everything and ppl will cheer. Last honda-tech meet in seattle guys were scraping on the speed bumps and everyone cheers. my car is dumped on stock struts and its a shitty ride (not bouncy yet) but its still not low enough cant wait for full coilovers so I can slam it even more, Imma just fab up a skid plate just on the front end to keep the oil pan and downpipe safe.
Old 06-15-2009, 03:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

lol. thats a good idea. I live in Florida and I'm riding on 2in drop with stock struts I'm a little bit bouncy but just enough to where I don't bottom out on potholes or speed bumps.
Old 06-15-2009, 09:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by aquito
would you guys lower the car about 1.5/2" with stock struts?? for DD i have a 95 LX
Would I do it? No

Can you do it? Certainly

I just don't like dropped cars with stock shocks. Not that I haven't taken rides in some that actually had a decent ride. I just wouldn't do it to my car.
Old 06-15-2009, 09:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 412_Hatch
Attachment 46973
Im about 3 and i live in pa. the potholes here will swallow your car whole.

hahahah yea man i feeel thatt.. i drive my car everywere at 2.5 n scrape sum stuff but trust me ull remeber that bump or pot whole for next time ahah jus get coilovers so u can adjust them to whatever height u want or how low u feel like sittin that dayy

Last edited by gdetti; 06-15-2009 at 09:58 PM.
Old 06-15-2009, 10:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by r33dm0n3y
i got an eg hatch thats sooooo slammed it's not funny, until i hit a bump and my cd player skips....then i laugh. here in eugene the roads are ****...i just have certain roads i drive on. you gotta do what you gotta do to roll with the big boys.
Uh, When I had my EG Sedan I slammed the **** out of that bitch for about a week. you people don't even know what slammed means. Me i had old EBAY coil overs already on some after market shocks well i pulled the springs and cut them in half. so the springs were maybe 2 inch's each all around. i put all 4 them babies on the 92 EG and dumped that son a bitch! it was dumped so bad that the header down pipe had to break in the hard way meaning it got bent in less than a day so the down pipe was tuckt in with the oil pan nice and flesh.

Well that car had EVERYONE staring and lot of people complementing my ride even muscle car guys well one day it all ended really fast when i was trying to get gas. well you guys been to those crappy gas stations that have the fillers above the ground about 2-3 inchs? well i was goin in reverse really slow and BAAAM the car instantly stops and freaked me the hell out i thought i slammed into somebody but i knew i was goin slow. i put it into drive and the car got hella loud so i drive it home cause i was a bit embarrassed at the station to get out and see what happen lol.

So when i got home i realized the header ripped out of the cyl Head completely and broke all the header studs and nuts off the head. so whole way home it was back firing and **** was funny is hell. I later realised what had happen after goin back and seeing that pot whole scraped to hell. so i took them springs and shox off and put orignal ebay springs and raised the hell out of it and put a new cyl head on it.

Now, THATS how you know you are straight up DUMPED then a ****! I loved it but its not worth screwing the car up and doin 20mph on a 45 MPH road and swangin across the streets to avoid pot wholes the size of the car.
Old 06-15-2009, 10:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

It was one of these ****ers that caught my header. but a single on standing 2-3 inchs up.
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog....-getty-580.jpg

I had to make WIDE turns like a 18 wheeler cuz i couldn't turn the wheel all the way unless i wanted to pay for another fender and tires. The tire was tuct up under in the fender well and everything in the fender was grinded down for smooth rubing so no tire damage.

Also, to jack the car up id have specil 2x4 blocks in my truck to drive over and then put the jack under the car.
Old 06-15-2009, 11:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

^thats crucial

my car was slammed 2.5" and it looked great and it broke necks. but when a ladder falls off a truck thats infront of you... my advise is, at most, 2" if its the daily drive car.

Quick Reply: how low is to low