Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

how long did it take to get swap?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2005, 09:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how long did it take to get swap?

Just wondering how long it took, for those who bought swaps from a company, to have the item shipped? I'm referring to those who were told their engine was in stock and no awaiting import. I've been told that the item has been shipped but I haven't been supplied a tracking number and the frieght company doesn't have anything listed to be delivered to my zip. If there is some companies that want to add their input on how long the process take, I'll welcome that too. Thanks y'all.
Old 03-16-2005, 10:18 AM

Default Re: how long did it take to get swap? (grlracer97)

bump
Old 03-16-2005, 10:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

How long has it been? Call up the company and see whats up and tell them that the fright company doesnt have any info on your motor.
Old 03-16-2005, 10:31 AM

about half a week from Hmotors

they said i think 7-10 days, but it got here much faster
Old 03-16-2005, 10:31 AM

Default Re: how long did it take to get swap? (Luserkid)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Luserkid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">How long has it been? Call up the company and see whats up and tell them that the fright company doesnt have any info on your motor. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Well I placed the order March 1st, he called last week and said his supplier is sending out the swap and I should get it by the end of the week. Nothing showed called him numerous times Monday before finallly getting in touch with him and he said, he talked to his supplier and he was gonna send him the tracking numbers that night and then he would forward it to me. He said the funds were taken out of his account from the supplier which means its been shipped. NOTHING! Called the frieght company and they say nada. Just wanting how long the whole getting the swap together and all takes before the item is shipped before I take legal action. I know 3 weeks isnt that long but when they are saying its been shipped then not answering calls or emails I'm getting a little frustrated.
Old 03-16-2005, 10:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: how long did it take to get swap? (blurrrcivic94)

I got mine in about a week to Southern New Mexico
Old 03-16-2005, 10:32 AM

where did you order the motor from?
Old 03-16-2005, 10:34 AM

where are you getting this motor shipped to ur house or a business?? if your house .. i bought a motor from hmo and it was here in my state for a couple of days but would not ship to my house because i needed to make an appointment for a hoist to get the motor off the semi. maybe this might help ??
Old 03-16-2005, 10:35 AM

Default Re: how long did it take to get swap? (ek4d00r)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ek4d00r &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">where did you order the motor from?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Plan B Co. in FL. He was local so I went with him. Just found out he might be shady so I'm trying to figure out what the next move should be.
Old 03-16-2005, 10:36 AM

Default Re: how long did it take to get swap? (sicdx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sicdx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">where are you getting this motor shipped to ur house or a business??</TD></TR></TABLE>

Brothers dealership
Old 03-16-2005, 10:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: how long did it take to get swap? (ek4d00r)

it took them 7-10 days to ship my motor from Chicago to Cali...
Old 03-16-2005, 11:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by grlracer97 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Plan B Co. in FL. He was local so I went with him. Just found out he might be shady so I'm trying to figure out what the next move should be.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

i've heard about that "company". i heard that he doesnt have jack **** in stock. its some guy that has access to motors. it may take a while longer to get your motor too. i havent personally dealt with him.

but since he's local to you, you shuold pay him a visit.
Old 03-16-2005, 11:08 AM

you should try import auto salvage. they are closer to where you are.
Old 03-16-2005, 11:14 AM

Default Re: how long did it take to get swap? (marshun)

Yeah, he's an office based business that deals with suppliers. I'm gonna give him a little bit longer to get in touch with me but if I haven't heard anything by next week, JAX here I come. I saw that Auto Savage but they told me $$2300 for an LS and I told them to keep it. Hell I could get a B16 for that price. I've only talked to one other person who said it took him a month to get the engine but his was being sent cross country. I guess it hurry up and wait for now, but I have BBB on speed dial just in case. Thanks for all the input guys. So far no one has had to wait over a few weeks???
Old 03-16-2005, 11:20 AM

6 days from hmotors back in the day, andtat was shipped to GA from CA
Old 03-16-2005, 11:27 AM

Default Re: (b18bEG)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by b18bEG &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">6 days from hmotors back in the day, andtat was shipped to GA from CA</TD></TR></TABLE>

hmotors wanted $800 more for the engine. I'm not like dying to have it here this minute but just trying to see if this waiting is normal. I think it took my ex 3 weeks to get her swap but cant remember b/c it was a SR20det and it was over a year ago. I don't wanna jump start to litigation if im not allowing enough time you know.
Old 03-16-2005, 11:36 AM
HT Order of Merit

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (grlracer97)

I ordered my first motor a few years ago from hmotorsonline.com. Took around 3 weeks to get it via truck freight.
Old 03-16-2005, 11:59 AM

It took my motor about a week and half to get from Cali to VA when I ordered from HMO.
Old 03-16-2005, 12:52 PM

ok i see some have taken longer. Looks to be average of 10-21 days. Hopefully Ill hear something soon.

Thanks again. and if there are more .....keep em coming. I could use all the info.
Old 03-16-2005, 05:20 PM

anyone else???
Old 03-16-2005, 06:15 PM

call randy at import auto salvage in NC he can get one to you in two days he has a 99 ls in stock
Old 03-16-2005, 06:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: how long did it take to get swap? (CHASER)

Ordered from Hmotors last monday, motor got to Miami this monday, the freight company called me to schedule a drop off date, I set it for thursday because that's my day off and I used today to pull the D16.

So after all is said and done I could have had the motor @ 7 days, but I delayed it to fit my schedule.

HMOTORS ROCKS.
Old 03-16-2005, 06:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I have known the owner of Plan-B for a number of years and can vouch for him as a reputable person to deal with. Just like many "buinesses" nowadays he deals mostly in drop shipments from his supplier and as with any buisness he too has his fair share of speedbumps that he has to deal with from time to time. Keep trying to get ahold of him as I know he is very busy but will do what he can to get you squared away. He' an honest guy trying to make an honest living and I can assure you in no way going to let you down. Hope that helps a little, at least maybe help you feel bit more at ease. Thanks.
Old 03-16-2005, 06:58 PM
RTFM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

i ahve had up to 8 weeks for delivery for overseas motors. if the supplier doesnt ahve the engine in stock then its probbaly coming from cali or canada.
Old 03-16-2005, 07:02 PM

Default Re: (upgraded)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by upgraded &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have known the owner of Plan-B for a number of years and can vouch for him as a reputable person to deal with. Just like many "buinesses" nowadays he deals mostly in drop shipments from his supplier and as with any buisness he too has his fair share of speedbumps that he has to deal with from time to time. Keep trying to get ahold of him as I know he is very busy but will do what he can to get you squared away. He' an honest guy trying to make an honest living and I can assure you in no way going to let you down. Hope that helps a little, at least maybe help you feel bit more at ease. Thanks.</TD></TR></TABLE>

He seems like a decent guy (when I have talked to him) but he's told me the item is shipped, then it will be here so and so and still hasn't sent me the tracking # he promised 3 days ago. I understand that he might be getting the run-a-round from the supplier but when he isn't answering my emails or calls its discouraging, ya know? Like I said I am giving him a little bit of time because I know everything isn't always pay and go, plus I ordered a 96+ OBD2 that might have to be located because everyone I know is selling OBD1 or engine only. Hopefully he will come through, but we'll see.

*** keeping my head up***

Quick Reply: how long did it take to get swap?