Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

How To: Install JDM ITR Rear Seats (Backrests) into 96-00 Civic Hatchbacks with PICS!!*

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 11:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: How To: Install JDM ITR Rear Seats (Backrests) into 96-00 Civic Hatchbacks with P

Originally Posted by KleenKrew
I just thought i would post pictures up of this conversion so that everyone knows what to expect. This is the results of my itr swap in my 97 hatch. I followed this thread on my conversion very helpful on the backrest swaps.

Ok here is what im going to do to mine just so all you guys know. Im NOt going to spend more money on a itr sedan rear cushion. Im going to take my car to the interior guy that does all of our hot rod interiors and have him cut these seats up so that they fit correctly. Im going to have him reupholster the bottom stock civic cushion to match the itr seats
i have been following this thread for a while now, waiting to see how yours came out..

Any updates on what the interor guy did?

I was also thinking about ordering up the dc rears, and just having upholstery guys streatch and fab the bench and cushions get them on, but I am not sure there is enough fabric there to cover what CAn be seen.

Any info on this would be great.

BTW, Great write up OP! I am patiently waiting to find out some more about the benches before doing this. Very handy!
Old 09-28-2011, 12:23 AM
Trial User

Default Re: How To: Install JDM ITR Rear Seats (Backrests) into 96-00 Civic Hatchbacks with P

hii how are you all , plzz any body have JDM ITR Rear Seats (Backrests) for 96-00 Civic Hatchbacks with front seats ????????????????? if yes plz send me your email to contact you direct?
Old 09-28-2011, 04:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by PrinnyDood!
i have been following this thread for a while now, waiting to see how yours came out..

Any updates on what the interor guy did?

I was also thinking about ordering up the dc rears, and just having upholstery guys streatch and fab the bench and cushions get them on, but I am not sure there is enough fabric there to cover what CAn be seen.

Any info on this would be great.

BTW, Great write up OP! I am patiently waiting to find out some more about the benches before doing this. Very handy!

Sorry man someone offered me good money for them so i parted with them. Never hot around to upholstering them
Old 07-06-2012, 09:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

So can both the backrest and the cushion fabric and foam be switched from the ITR brackets to the EK brackets for a perfect fit? I am wondering if both are switched over to EK brackets will everything fit correctly or will there still be gap between the bottom seat and the backrest?
Old 07-08-2012, 09:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

There will be a gap i have pictures of my car when i did it on page 2 of this thread. I switched the itr cushions fabric to the ek seat structure you can space the bottom cushion up to the backrest or find a 4 door itr cushion or do as i had planned and reupholster the original ek bottom cushion