Old 09-15-2004, 02:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HOW DO I WIRE UP THE CITY LIGHT??? for an ek

anyone?
Old 09-15-2004, 02:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HOW DO I WIRE UP THE CITY LIGHT??? for an ek (jes c)

http://www.rit.edu/~ltk6260/cityLights.html
Old 09-15-2004, 02:53 PM

Default Re: HOW DO I WIRE UP THE CITY LIGHT??? for an ek (99FBPSi)

What that guy says in the write up about not using the scotch taps is complete BS. They are all I use in my electrical connections, and I've NEVER had a bad connection.

As far as wiring....just connect to the parking light wires.
Old 09-15-2004, 10:24 PM

Not to steal the thread but..

I have JDM headlights on my EG and I dont know how to wire the city lights up. People say to wire them up to the parking lights. Seems simple enough but I really dont want my headlight blinking when I have my turn signal on.

Does anyone know a way to connect the city lights to the ignition so when I turn on my car the city lights would turn on? This could be some help to JES C also. Thanks!
Old 09-15-2004, 10:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HOW DO I WIRE UP THE CITY LIGHT??? for an ek (crzyfool24)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by crzyfool24 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Not to steal the thread but..

I have JDM headlights on my EG and I dont know how to wire the city lights up. People say to wire them up to the parking lights. Seems simple enough but I really dont want my headlight blinking when I have my turn signal on.

Does anyone know a way to connect the city lights to the ignition so when I turn on my car the city lights would turn on? This could be some help to JES C also. Thanks! </TD></TR></TABLE>

parking lights aren't supposed to blink
Old 09-15-2004, 11:31 PM

Default Re: HOW DO I WIRE UP THE CITY LIGHT??? for an ek (senpai)

What else would blink? The only bulbs I have are my headlight, city light and my "corner" light which is used for as a parking light or blinker. All EGs are like that.

Plus for the city light, you should NOT have to turn on your "parking" lights to the on position for the city lights to turn on. City lights should turn on when the car turns on just like the newer viechels. I just dont know how to wire it up that way.
Old 09-16-2004, 12:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

do you have ctr headlights? or were u planning on purchasing a "city light kit"?

i did this to wire up my ctrs:

http://members.tripod.com/brok...t.htm

follow the directions step by step to avoid any unwanted "blinking" (remember, switched power *red* and ground *black* !!!) and it should work like a charm!

btw... you're welcome...

Old 09-16-2004, 12:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HOW DO I WIRE UP THE CITY LIGHT??? for an ek (iriemark)

i have ctr head lights and didnt wire up the city light because im scared of the city light looking like crap turned on when the head light is on?
Old 09-16-2004, 01:25 AM

Default Re: HOW DO I WIRE UP THE CITY LIGHT??? for an ek (ALLvtec)

They look fine... you should actually have clear city light bulbs wired to the constant ground and constant parking light lead on the corner lamp, and the side markers to the same ground and the other (blinker lead).

Very simple guys...
Old 09-16-2004, 02:28 AM
TSPeed Factory

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by crzyfool24 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Not to steal the thread but..

Does anyone know a way to connect the city lights to the ignition so when I turn on my car the city lights would turn on? This could be some help to JES C also. Thanks! </TD></TR></TABLE>

they will not blink if you tap the power wire into the correct parking light wire. their are 3 wires going to the parking light/turn signal. a ground wire, a wire for the parking lights, and a another wire for the blinking of the turn signals.
Old 09-16-2004, 06:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by crzyfool24 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What else would blink? The only bulbs I have are my headlight, city light and my "corner" light which is used for as a parking light or blinker. All EGs are like that.

Plus for the city light, you should NOT have to turn on your "parking" lights to the on position for the city lights to turn on. City lights should turn on when the car turns on just like the newer viechels. I just dont know how to wire it up that way. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Just because the turn/parking is one assembly doesn't mean that there AREN'T different wires for them.
Old 09-16-2004, 07:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

its called dual fillament bulbs

3 wires. 1 shared ground 1 wire for parking 1 wire for blinking.

tap whatever u want

the city lights are suppose to be hooked up to the ebrake... when the ebrake drops down, the city lights turn on. pull the ebrake up.. well... u figure that part out
Old 09-16-2004, 08:00 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by crzyfool24 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What else would blink? The only bulbs I have are my headlight, city light and my "corner" light which is used for as a parking light or blinker. All EGs are like that.

Plus for the city light, you should NOT have to turn on your "parking" lights to the on position for the city lights to turn on. City lights should turn on when the car turns on just like the newer viechels. I just dont know how to wire it up that way. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Ummmm, no. You're talking about daytime running lights. Most city light bulbs would never put out enough light to be seen in the daytime anyways. Better to just tap into your corner parking lights.
Old 09-16-2004, 10:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

hey that was my link up top ahha. i hope it helped you guys out.

and personally.. i just like the comfort of knowing that all my connections are soldered together. my dad was an electrician for a good part of his life and has delt with many shitty wire taps in his life and never trusts them. i took his advice. i mean how hard is it to solder somethin up?
Old 09-16-2004, 10:45 AM
Global Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (lkailburn)

Ok

While were on the city light topic

Check out http://tornactive.com/pd_soei.cfm

Has any of you all ever used these?

Heres how i did my city lights:

Went to pepboys bought a socket for 194 bulb it had two wires coming from the end of the socket.. drilled a hole in my headlight and slid the rubber socket/boot in there and then tapped into my corner lights.

But when you go to that link it says's H4 city lights and say it goe's in with the light bulb.. wtf?

Sorry to hi-jack the thread

Anyone used those before?
Old 09-16-2004, 10:53 AM

Default Re: (Jimmy)

If I remember from wiring my city lights with my CTR headlights you want to tap in to the red/black wire, and the black wire in the corner light harness. Do not use the green/yellow wire that is for the blinker.
Old 09-16-2004, 10:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re:

coo coo

thanx
Old 09-16-2004, 12:17 PM

Default Re: HOW DO I WIRE UP THE CITY LIGHT??? for an ek (AzntaggeR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AzntaggeR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

they will not blink if you tap the power wire into the correct parking light wire. their are 3 wires going to the parking light/turn signal. a ground wire, a wire for the parking lights, and a another wire for the blinking of the turn signals.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Good point When I turn on my headlights, will the city light turn off?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by senpai &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Just because the turn/parking is one assembly doesn't mean that there AREN'T different wires for them.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Different wires I know but its the same bulb. It has 2 of those wire things inside of it. One for the parking and the other for the blinker. Good point tho

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by undertheradar &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Ummmm, no. You're talking about daytime running lights. Most city light bulbs would never put out enough light to be seen in the daytime anyways. Better to just tap into your corner parking lights.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thats a real good point. Never thought of that.

Well now that I have all my **** straight.... Thanks!
Old 09-16-2004, 01:00 PM

Default Re: (Jimmy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jimmy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ok

While were on the city light topic

Check out http://tornactive.com/pd_soei.cfm

Has any of you all ever used these?

Heres how i did my city lights:

Went to pepboys bought a socket for 194 bulb it had two wires coming from the end of the socket.. drilled a hole in my headlight and slid the rubber socket/boot in there and then tapped into my corner lights.

But when you go to that link it says's H4 city lights and say it goe's in with the light bulb.. wtf?

Sorry to hi-jack the thread

Anyone used those before?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Those things suck! I had them and the bulbs get so hot that they melt the plastic isolater in the socket. Mine were crap after a week. It's basically a socket on a bracket the fits in front of the stock bulb. It fits well and is a great idea, but the materials they use suck.
Old 09-16-2004, 06:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i've had mine in since febuary. they are still perfect ?? i got them for like 13 sihpped off ebay but they are identical to those you just posted above
Old 09-16-2004, 06:54 PM

Default Re: (lkailburn)

how much are the oem ones on ebay? maybe like $25 right?
Old 09-16-2004, 11:51 PM

Just get the bulbs at Checker. They have OEM ones, either amber or clear.

I just hooked up my city lights today and I got the amber bulbs at checker. Looks pretty tight with my vision corners. I would put a pic up but I dont know how to do it. If you guys tell me how ill post one.
Old 09-17-2004, 01:04 AM

Default Re: (crzyfool24)

http://www.we-todd-did-racing....D.jpg

First time trying to post a pic...It might be big because I dont know how to edit it yet.

But if the image shows up, the lights look brighter in the pic than they really are in person but what do you guys think?
Old 09-17-2004, 01:05 AM

[IMG][/IMG] http://www.we-todd-did-racing....D.jpg [IMG][/IMG]
Old 09-17-2004, 01:06 AM

Well ill figure it out some day. How do I get the pic up without clicking on the link? Sorry that this is off subject guys/gals

Quick Reply: HOW DO I WIRE UP THE CITY LIGHT??? for an ek