Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

how do I make this dash console work in my 98?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2004, 05:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how do I make this dash console work in my 98?

like it says, how can I get this to work in my car? Is it possible or worth the time?

thanks!
Old 09-24-2004, 05:46 AM
Unceasing Measure

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: how do I make this dash console work in my 98? (6gcivic)

WTF is it from and why did you buy it without knowing whether or not it would fit?
Old 09-24-2004, 07:10 AM

Default Re: how do I make this dash console work in my 98? (Archidictus)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Archidictus &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">....

WTF is it from and why did you buy it without knowing whether or not it would fit?</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 09-24-2004, 07:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: how do I make this dash console work in my 98? (Archidictus)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Archidictus &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">....

WTF is it from and why did you buy it without knowing whether or not it would fit?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Wait, I'll field this one.

Hes thinking of buying it because it's "JDM" and therefore cool, because we all know JDM=cool. I know that it is from a right hand drive car due to the fact that the climate control is on the wrong side for a LHD car. We all also know that RHD=JDM.

His original statement leads me to believe that he possibly hasn't bought it yet. If this is the case, just don't. It's tough to reach the climate control if you can even get it to work.
Old 09-24-2004, 07:15 AM

Default Re: how do I make this dash console work in my 98? (Ricey McRicerton)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ricey McRicerton &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">He bought it because it was "JDM" and therefore cool, because we all know JDM=cool. I know that it is from a right hand drive car due to the fact that the climate control is on the wrong side for a LHD car. We all also know that RHD=JDM.</TD></TR></TABLE>

LOL!
Old 09-24-2004, 07:19 AM
be professional

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

It's obviously a center dash pod with automatic climate control from a RHD '96-98 Civic.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 6gcivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">like it says, how can I get this to work in my car? Is it possible or worth the time?</TD></TR></TABLE>
You'll need the complete under-dash HVAC system from the car it came out of. If you didn't get all of that, don't bother. It'd be a lot easier if you bought the entire front cut from the car (plus then you get the engine and brake/suspension components as well ).

You have to swap the motors and everything for the electronic climate control onto your current HVAC system (you can't use the complete RHD under-dash system in a LHD car). It involves wiring, fabrication, and trial-and-error. It's probably not worth your time.

Although, now that I think about it, you may be able to get it to work by doing the '99-00 climate control conversion and a little extra detective work . . .
Old 09-24-2004, 07:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: how do I make this dash console work in my 98? (Targa250R)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Targa250R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Although, now that I think about it, you may be able to get it to work by doing the '99-00 climate control conversion and a little extra detective work . . .</TD></TR></TABLE>

I almost thought that as well, but aern't the overseas climate controls automatic? As in you set it to a temp and it corrects the car to that temp? You'd need the temperature sensors, the sunlight sensors and about 50 years to figure out all the wiring.
Old 09-24-2004, 07:30 AM
be professional

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ricey McRicerton &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I almost thought that as well, but aern't the overseas climate controls automatic? As in you set it to a temp and it corrects the car to that temp? You'd need the temperature sensors, the sunlight sensors and about 50 years to figure out all the wiring. </TD></TR></TABLE>
I figured for a '96-98 car, the main obstacle would be converting to the complete electronic HVAC system from the cable-operated unit.

Once that is done, the auto climate control unit should be able to control the fan speed and mix doors, so you probably only need to add the temperature sensor(s) from there. Keep in mind though, I have no idea what all is involved or how to do it; I am just guesstimating.

I think it all boils down to the fact that this idea is a waste of time, effort, and money unless you have a lot of all 3 to spare and you want it bad enough.
Old 09-24-2004, 07:48 AM

Default Re: how do I make this dash console work in my 98? (Targa250R)

thats jdm y0!!!!! lol. if memory serves me right, u have to rewire it cause it doenst have the manual red/blue selection, but it has actual temp settings. dunno if u know what i mean. i know the eh/eg's are like this. not sure if the ek's are. but this one looks to be that way.
Old 09-24-2004, 02:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: how do I make this dash console work in my 98? (LSturboEH2)

Wayyyyyyyyy wrong!!!!!!! I couldn't care less about jdm, I really dont give a sh*t. I just like it becacuse its different. I have not bought it yet so stop talking trash you ignorant bitches and listen to the facts before you attack somebody.

(some of) you all are all about attacking the hell out of people who want to do mods to thier own car that you don't agree with. I personally don't give a sh*t about jdm and really don't care about where parts come from. If I like them, then I like them. Who gives a sh*t if it come from Japan??

I just like doing things that maybe 943859345 civics don't have done to them so that mine is set apart from the crowd. **** you all for hating. I can;t beleive this is a forum based on working on/custominzing civics but as soon as somebody posts an idea you dont like, you attack. Some of you dirty bitches need to understand I wasnt asking for your opinion, so keep to the facts.

Modified by 6gcivic at 11:45 PM 9/24/2004
Old 09-24-2004, 11:50 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 6gcivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Wayyyyyyyyy wrong!!!!!!! I couldn't care less about jdm, I really dont give a sh*t. I just like it becacuse its different. I have not bought it yet so stop talking trash you ignorant bitches and listen to the facts before you attack somebody.

(some of) you all are all about attacking the hell out of people who want to do mods to thier own car that you don't agree with. I personally don't give a sh*t about jdm and really don't care about where parts come from. If I like them, then I like them. Who gives a sh*t if it come from Japan??

I just like doing things that maybe 943859345 civics don't have done to them so that mine is set apart from the crowd. **** you all for hating. I can;t beleive this is a forum based on working on/custominzing civics but as soon as somebody posts an idea you dont like, you attack. Some of you dirty bitches need to understand I wasnt asking for your opinion, so keep to the facts.

Modified by 6gcivic at 11:45 PM 9/24/2004</TD></TR></TABLE>

dont get ur panties in a bunch fuckface. i believe i provided you with everything u asked for. as for people telling you what they think, thats their opinion and they are entitled to it. so cry me a river and read my post right above your little rant. o and have a good day
Old 10-25-2004, 08:49 PM

hahahah your such a *****. even if your not doing it for the JDM look, its still retarted. dont try and justify your lust for JDM by saying you just want to be original. why dont you get a JDM ashtray and cupholder. your wasting hundreds of dollars and lots of time when you should focus your money and effort towards purchasing a gun to shoot yourself with. maybe a JDM gun.
Old 10-25-2004, 09:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: how do I make this dash console work in my 98? (shrug)

wow, i thought this was a website for help
Old 10-25-2004, 09:19 PM

Default Re: how do I make this dash console work in my 98? (thenick)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by thenick &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wow, i thought this was a website for help </TD></TR></TABLE>

no $hit
Old 10-25-2004, 09:24 PM

HT is becoming a disgrace.....
Old 10-26-2004, 10:16 AM

yeah why dont we all just shoot ourselves in the face for giving out bad help to retards that want to spend a grand on a ******* center console. go fist yourselves.
Old 10-26-2004, 10:19 AM
Unceasing Measure

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: (shrug)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by shrug &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yeah why dont we all just shoot ourselves in the face for giving out bad help to retards that want to spend a grand on a ******* center console. go fist yourselves.</TD></TR></TABLE>

ROFL! Awesome .
Old 10-30-2004, 02:40 AM

Default Re: (shrug)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by shrug &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yeah why dont we all just shoot ourselves in the face for giving out bad help to retards that want to spend a grand on a ******* center console. go fist yourselves.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ignorance...ignorance....ignorance...

HE ASKED HOW MUCH IT WOULD BE TO MAKE IT WORK, AND WOULD IT BE WORTH IT. It was a question. He, in fact, never stated that he will do it, just that he had interest in it.

So if he had asked a question about installing a RHD front clip on his civic, would you guys pick at him and tell him how dumb he is because JDM has rhd, so he is just trying to be cool because (and i ******* quote) "JDM=cool"

https://honda-tech.com - home of the computer bullies
Old 10-30-2004, 03:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 6gcivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Wayyyyyyyyy wrong!!!!!!! I couldn't care less about jdm, I really dont give a sh*t. I just like it becacuse its different. I have not bought it yet so stop talking trash you ignorant bitches and listen to the facts before you attack somebody.

Modified by 6gcivic at 11:45 PM 9/24/2004</TD></TR></TABLE>

very well said
Old 10-30-2004, 03:44 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: how do I make this dash console work in my 98? (SeanJohn1802)

Old 10-30-2004, 04:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

</TD></TR></TABLE>

No sir, you're Wayyyyyyy wrong!!!!!!11. It's a goddamned stock Civic console from overseas. They made a ton of them. It's not unique. It's a waste of time and money.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 6gcivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">(some of) you all are all about attacking the hell out of people who want to do mods to thier own car that you don't agree with. I personally don't give a sh*t about jdm and really don't care about where parts come from. If I like them, then I like them. Who gives a sh*t if it come from Japan?? </TD></TR></TABLE>
I don't. **** JDM.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 6gcivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I just like doing things that maybe 943859345 civics don't have done to them so that mine is set apart from the crowd. **** you all for hating. I can;t beleive this is a forum based on working on/custominzing civics but as soon as somebody posts an idea you dont like, you attack. Some of you dirty bitches need to understand I wasnt asking for your opinion, so keep to the facts.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Okay fucktron, watch who you run your mouth at. You were given help. If you don't like how the site is run, your more than welcome to not post. There is NOTHING you can do to your Civic that hasn't been done to 938267347346^1000 Civics either customized over here, or in another country. You are not special. You are not unique. Your Civic will never be unique.
Old 10-30-2004, 05:15 AM
Blue Sedan Crew

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ricey McRicerton &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Okay fucktron, watch who you run your mouth at. You were given help. If you don't like how the site is run, your more than welcome to not post. There is NOTHING you can do to your Civic that hasn't been done to 938267347346^1000 Civics either customized over here, or in another country. You are not special. You are not unique. Your Civic will never be unique.</TD></TR></TABLE>

if only that wasnt so long, it'd be sig worthy
Old 11-01-2004, 09:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: how do I make this dash console work in my 98? (SeanJohn1802)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SeanJohn1802 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

very well said </TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 11-01-2004, 10:12 AM

Default Re: (murmur9)

jdm headache
Old 11-01-2004, 10:21 AM
* B A N N E D *

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: how do I make this dash console work in my 98? (LSturboEH2)

I'm gonna vouch for LSturtboEH2. Seriously, he came in and asked for help, you assume ****, make fun of it, and are wasting this entire thread with useless ****.

And ENOUGH with making fun of JDM. Its another market altogether, some **** is different there. It doesnt make it worse, better, cooler or not.

Now LS turbo, get a helms manual. Also, get a multimeter so you can read resistance. Also search on here for the 96-98 to 99-00 Climate control conversion, its been done. With all this info, you should be able to get the wiring done. Expect to take a few days, but I'm sure it can be done, although you may have a little guess and check work in there.

One more thing: This is an informative website. Honda and Acura Technical resource. Please EVERYONE, stop filling these threads with pages and pages of flaming. if you can't contribute information or an opinion without yellin at everyone else, stop. We have IMing here, which doesnt fill up our resources with lies, flaming, and discrepencies. Thus our thread about FAQs, its here to help. I'm here to help too. Many of you are, but many of you have nothing better to do than BITCH about the term "JDM". Can we all just stop right now, get along, and we can help each other. Otherwise, no one gets anything done, we all spend more money on installs cause we cant get the info for ourselves, and we make this site and all honda tuners look bad. I ask everyone to chillout. I myself will try better next time to contribute something usefull rather than this being a hate forum. Theres thousands of those out there.

Quick Reply: how do I make this dash console work in my 98?