Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

how do i disable the seatbelt sign beeping at me in my new civic?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2005, 05:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how do i disable the seatbelt sign beeping at me in my new civic?

when i dont wear the seatbelt the light flashes on the dash controls and it beeps like a bastard. its really annoying. please help me w/ which wire to cutr, etc...
Old 05-19-2005, 05:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: how do i disable the seatbelt sign beeping at me in my new civic? (beerdogger)

Just unplug it from the seatbelt underneath the seat
Old 05-19-2005, 05:30 PM

Default Re: how do i disable the seatbelt sign beeping at me in my new civic? (jdmgoldcivic)

Or you could just wear your seatbelt...
Old 05-19-2005, 05:31 PM

Default Re: how do i disable the seatbelt sign beeping at me in my new civic? (beerdogger)

why would you NOT wear your seatbelt? I am still here posting today BECAUSE of my seatbelt. It undoubtedly saved my life. You are retarded if you dont wear it.

BUT, in response your your question, there are two wires going into your seatbelt plug, short those two together, and your car will think that your seatbelt is in.

ps. i claim no responsibility for the death of anyone who does this and is retarded enough not to wear their seatbelt.
Old 05-19-2005, 05:33 PM
w

Default Re: how do i disable the seatbelt sign beeping at me in my new civic? (veggiemaster)

easy.....buckle your seatbelt

of all vehicles not to wear a seatbelt in a civic is probably the last id choose
Old 05-19-2005, 06:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: how do i disable the seatbelt sign beeping at me in my new civic? (veggiemaster)

I unplugged mine because the only time when I don't wear it is when I drive around my parking lot after I installed or fixed something on my car. I agree you should always wear your seatbelt I was in accident in july 2003 that broke my back and if I wasn't wearing that seatbelt I would of probably been ejected from the car like my friend was.

Old 05-19-2005, 07:00 PM

I wish I could show you all the CT scans I see of people who wish they would have worn their seatbelt.....
Old 05-19-2005, 07:11 PM

hay i just got in a wreck last tuseday... i flipped my "old" 93 hatch 5 times... and get this i wasnt even speeding... i went down an embankment and if i wasnt wearing my seatbelt i would more then likly be dead right now... thank you for who ever built that damn thing.. it saved my life...
Old 05-19-2005, 07:15 PM

Default Re: how do i disable the seatbelt sign beeping at me in my new civic? (Revolver)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Revolver &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Or you could just wear your seatbelt...</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 05-19-2005, 07:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: how do i disable the seatbelt sign beeping at me in my new civic? (xavenged7x)

wear your seat belt. but this i could see why you would want to disconect it because at my work (detail cars) alot of the new fords have an annoying loud repetitve beeping that drives me crazy and it seems like it beeps for ever and i always wear my seat belt but at my work theres no reason to so it pisses me off but what ever it takes to save your life.
Old 05-19-2005, 07:28 PM
Electrician

I'm with everyone, wear it.
Old 05-19-2005, 07:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I undid that plug in my 95 EX, but I still Always wear the belt. Always.
Old 05-19-2005, 08:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: how do i disable the seatbelt sign beeping at me in my new civic? (Revolver)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Revolver &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Or you could just wear your seatbelt...</TD></TR></TABLE>yea im with everyone else, dont be stupid
Old 05-19-2005, 09:47 PM

Default Re: how do i disable the seatbelt sign beeping at me in my new civic? (bleh)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bleh &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yea im with everyone else, dont be stupid </TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 05-20-2005, 07:25 AM

Default Re: how do i disable the seatbelt sign beeping at me in my new civic? (WickidClown)

Just wear the seat belt man. It only takes a few seconds out of your life but it adds years on your life.
Old 05-20-2005, 07:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: how do i disable the seatbelt sign beeping at me in my new civic? (BigBlockH22atch)

Wear the seatbelt.
Old 05-20-2005, 07:43 AM
#1 Super Guy

Received 124 Likes on 118 Posts
Default Re: how do i disable the seatbelt sign beeping at me in my new civic? (Ricey McRicerton)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ricey McRicerton &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Wear the seatbelt. </TD></TR></TABLE>
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BigBlockH22atch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Just wear the seat belt man. </TD></TR></TABLE>
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bleh &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yea im with everyone else, dont be stupid </TD></TR></TABLE>
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 1995Ex_Sedan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I still Always wear the belt. Always. </TD></TR></TABLE>
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by e jay one &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wear your seat belt. </TD></TR></TABLE>
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dimitri_EG8 a.k.a. Dimi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm with everyone, wear it.</TD></TR></TABLE>
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hondadude96 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">easy.....buckle your seatbelt</TD></TR></TABLE>
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by canis &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">it saved my life... </TD></TR></TABLE>
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hondadude96 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">easy.....buckle your seatbelt</TD></TR></TABLE>
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by veggiemaster &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">why would you NOT wear your seatbelt?</TD></TR></TABLE>
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Revolver &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Or you could just wear your seatbelt...</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm with these guys...
Old 05-20-2005, 10:17 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: how do i disable the seatbelt sign beeping at me in my new civic? (94eg!)

Wear your seat belt and the noise should turn off.
Old 05-20-2005, 11:14 AM

if you wear a seat belt you must be anticipating a crash. if you were to keep your focus of attention to the driving at hand, then you would be able drive whilst steering around ferkwits and anticipating idiocy. drive like you are invisible to everybody else. then you wont need a seatbelt, or at least that is the way you dont get yourself into an accident when you ride a motor bike, and probably where you got the bad habit of not wearing one. oh and i never crash.....in 20 years so far. just imagine your face shredding on the tarseal hanging out the window of a rolled car on its side at 100cliks and you may feel the urge to wear one, thats how i do it, that and be super vigilant for cops, helps to put it on then also...
Old 05-20-2005, 11:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (gbad)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gbad &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if you wear a seat belt you must be anticipating a crash. if you were to keep your focus of attention to the driving at hand, then you would be able drive whilst steering around ferkwits and anticipating idiocy. drive like you are invisible to everybody else. then you wont need a seatbelt, or at least that is the way you dont get yourself into an accident when you ride a motor bike, and probably where you got the bad habit of not wearing one. oh and i never crash.....in 20 years so far. just imagine your face shredding on the tarseal hanging out the window of a rolled car on its side at 100cliks and you may feel the urge to wear one, thats how i do it, that and be super vigilant for cops, helps to put it on then also...</TD></TR></TABLE>

I have no idea what you just tried to say. Wear the belt or not? Drive like you're invisible? This is the real world where not only do you have to worry about yourself, but everyone else around you. I drive a motorcycle too and know how to drive defensively, but I'm not giving up the seatbelt.
Old 05-20-2005, 11:25 AM

your an idiot if u dont wear your seatbelt just becuase u are or think u are a good driver its not u its the other people u have to watch out for and u cant watchout for others everysecond.....even if you just fixed something or where testing something y not just put on the seatbelt it takes 2 seconds how lazy can u get...no seatbelt = comon were u taught anything
Old 05-20-2005, 11:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gbad &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if you wear a seat belt you must be anticipating a crash. if you were to keep your focus of attention to the driving at hand, then you would be able drive whilst steering around ferkwits and anticipating idiocy. drive like you are invisible to everybody else. then you wont need a seatbelt, or at least that is the way you dont get yourself into an accident when you ride a motor bike, and probably where you got the bad habit of not wearing one. oh and i never crash.....in 20 years so far. just imagine your face shredding on the tarseal hanging out the window of a rolled car on its side at 100cliks and you may feel the urge to wear one, thats how i do it, that and be super vigilant for cops, helps to put it on then also...</TD></TR></TABLE>

You contradict yourself. You say you don't need a seatbelt if you focus on your driving instead of other things, then you say he will be sorry when he's not wearing one? Of course your going to wear a seat belt because you are anticipating a crash. What does it matter if your focused on the road and somebody slams into you from the side or rear? Chances are you wouldn't have been able to get out of the way anyways.

By the way, it doesn't matter if you never crash or not. The threat is always out there, so just wear your damn seat belt.
Old 05-20-2005, 12:02 PM
#1 Super Guy

Received 124 Likes on 118 Posts
Default Re: (green00EX)

It's the one you don't see that gets you...
Old 05-20-2005, 12:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Old 05-20-2005, 12:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (Ricey McRicerton)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ricey McRicerton &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> This is the real world where not only do you have to worry about yourself, but everyone else around you.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Quick Reply: how do i disable the seatbelt sign beeping at me in my new civic?