Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

hotwiring a del sol

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2003, 04:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hotwiring a del sol

hey guys i recently purchased an abandoned vehicle form my a local auction. it has no title, no key no vin no anyhtng. its all off. i cant get a key made for it. can i just hot wire it easily. i have an ignition from an 89 civic dx. could i just take out the del sol ign. and swap that in? i tookt he column apart and i think it can be done. but i dont wanna F anyhtign up like i usually do. any help? pm me or reply. thanks
Old 11-03-2003, 05:00 PM

Default Re: hotwiring a del sol (delsolsicrx)

Why dont you call a locksmith and have him make you a key. Or I bet if you looked good enough you will find a vin # somewhere, and then off to the dealership you go.
No that switch will not work.
Old 11-03-2003, 05:01 PM

good luck with an answer DAMN THEIVES TO HELL!!!
Old 11-03-2003, 05:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: hotwiring a del sol (Wes d)

how much did you get the car for? and are you going to make it into a race car?
Old 11-03-2003, 05:10 PM
Global Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: hotwiring a del sol (civiksiracer1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by civiksiracer1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">good luck with an answer DAMN THEIVES TO HELL!!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

WTF! me or you dont know what this guys doing or if he's telling the truth but you have no reason to jump on his ****.He's asking for help not a reply with bullshit like that.Have something usefull to say or you shouldnt say it at all.

Look in the engine bay try to find a vin number if you can get it go to the dealership and they'll make you a key.
Old 11-03-2003, 05:18 PM

lol, guys, honestly, if a thief is asking a message board, hes getting caught anyway. Just break the column and remove the back section of the key area, then turn with screw driver. Integras/5th gen civics break like cardboad under pressure, but have fun doing a crx/4th gen.
Old 11-03-2003, 05:24 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by delsolsicrx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hey guys i recently purchased an abandoned vehicle form my a local auction. it has no title, no key no vin no anyhtng.</TD></TR></TABLE> WOW you have got to be the smartest kid i know..
Old 11-03-2003, 06:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: hotwiring a del sol (Dimi)

Why are you flaming on him? He's not the one who posted the topic on how to hotwire a del sol. And I think as long as he is reading up on mods and **** to do then it counts as a work in progress. Oh yeah and to the guy who posted. I highly doubt your going to find out how to hotwire that ish up. Probably not the best thing to post up
Old 11-03-2003, 06:56 PM

Default Re: hotwiring a del sol (97DXhatch)

yea and for the guy who jumperd in my ****... You have obviously never had anything stolen from you. Whats sayign this guy found a Sweet Del sol parked at someones house while they are on vaca, and he wants to know how to drive it away. so for one dont ever repremand me, and two find somewhere else to learn how to hot wire a car. H-T will have no part in theivery! At least I wont.
Old 11-03-2003, 06:58 PM

Default Re: hotwiring a del sol (97DXhatch)

yea and for the guy who jumperd in my ****... You have obviously never had anything stolen from you. Whats sayign this guy found a Sweet Del sol parked at someones house while they are on vaca, and he wants to know how to drive it away. so for one dont ever repremand me, and two find somewhere else to learn how to hot wire a car. H-T will have no part in theivery! At least I wont. also with 2 post and he is from "hell Mi" and nothing in his profile sounds fishy to me. Ask the del sol owners if they think its a good idea to teach this newb how to hot wire. Ok and lets look at it like it is his car. Once he knows how to hot wire a car whats stoping him from takeing YOURS. use your heads people.
Old 11-03-2003, 07:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by delsolsicrx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hey guys i recently purchased an abandoned vehicle form my a local auction. it has no title, no key no vin no anyhtng. its all off. i cant get a key made for it. can i just hot wire it easily. i have an ignition from an 89 civic dx. could i just take out the del sol ign. and swap that in? i tookt he column apart and i think it can be done. but i dont wanna F anyhtign up like i usually do. any help? pm me or reply. thanks</TD></TR></TABLE>

There are vin numbers EVERYWHERE on honda's. I have a del sol and I know that it is no exception. As a user with 2 posts, this thread is very suspicious. I hope to god no one tells you how to do this, if you were really legit and wanted to do this right you couldve just asked whoever you "picked it up" from what the best method for getting it started is. I would suggest buying a new ignition cylinder off ebay or something, or the locksmith idea that was already mentioned.
Old 11-03-2003, 07:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: hotwiring a del sol (sickSOLvtec)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sickSOLvtec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I hope to god no one tells you how to do this, if you were really legit and wanted to do this right you couldve just asked whoever you "picked it up" from what the best method for getting it started is. </TD></TR></TABLE>

someone already did. Like others mentioned. It's not that difficult. If a thief is on here asking how to start a car without a key he's gonna get caught. The screwdriver method is pretty common with most cars. You think the guy that he bought it from gives a **** to help him.

s
Old 11-03-2003, 07:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: hotwiring a del sol (2slow2curious)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2slow2curious &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> WOW you have got to be the smartest kid i know.. </TD></TR></TABLE>

huh? great way to start a cheap project, especially a race car.

to you.

s
Old 11-03-2003, 07:32 PM

Yo, for the last time, if hes asking online how to hotwire a car, hes already screwed. Im not taking part in thievry cause theres two options: 1: hes a theif and will likely try this method and be caught cause hes a dumbass
2: hes genuine and is a dumbass for buying this thing, but at least he can start it.
Old 11-03-2003, 07:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: hotwiring a del sol (stevel)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by stevel &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
You think the guy that he bought it from gives a **** to help him.

s</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well I don't know who he bought it from, but yes, I do think he would give a ****. I don't know about you, but if I had a potential buyer with a question about what I was selling, even if I was selling it as-is for dirt cheap and wanted out asap, I would still atleast give him a few suggestions. (i.e. calling a locksmith, picking up a new ignition cylinder, etc...) But that is just me as a seller....
Old 11-03-2003, 07:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: hotwiring a del sol (sickSOLvtec)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sickSOLvtec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Well I don't know who he bought it from, but yes, I do think he would give a ****. I don't know about you, but if I had a potential buyer with a question about what I was selling, even if I was selling it as-is for dirt cheap and wanted out asap, I would still atleast give him a few suggestions. (i.e. calling a locksmith, picking up a new ignition cylinder, etc...) But that is just me as a seller....</TD></TR></TABLE>

you've never been to an auction then. They could care less because they're usually trashed and they know they're going to be sold for less than nothing.

s
Old 11-03-2003, 08:10 PM
H-T Order of Merit

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

If a forum moderator wants to reopen this with some specific direction, that's fine.

I don't see it going anywhere.