Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

hood lach

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2003, 10:07 PM
bey
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hood lach

is there a way i can take out the hood lach inside the driver side so that no one could pop my hood if they break my window.... anyone got any ideas or has it done on their car.... i've seen where people cut off the metal part that is on the outside under the hood only...
Old 08-10-2003, 10:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

what im gonig to do is weld a little hook on to the hood get a chain and then chain it to the lower rad support then to open it just lay down on some cardboard and unlock it, if im not to lazy
Old 08-10-2003, 10:41 PM
bey
Honda-Tech Member

so.. i was just thinking about messing around with the hood lach on the inside of the car... not the outside hook...... .. is it just a cable wire that is used to pop the hood up..... can i just take off the lach and leave it like that and use something to grab onto the wire when i need to open the hood..
Old 08-10-2003, 10:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (bey_xiong)

You can pull the wire off of the plastic latch, and bend the wire up out of sight. When you want to pop the hood, you'll have to yank on that wire. That's what all the street racers did back in the old days, so that when the cops would tell them to pop their hoods, they'd show them that it just "broke." (that trend lasted about a month )
Old 08-10-2003, 10:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the wire that hooks up to the lever insie the car can be unhooked, there is enough play to move it somewhere of your choice that a thief will not be able to find without putting in more time than its worth for him!!! just mount a hanger somewhere clever that will hold the wire, pull it and 'pop'!

-Bryan-
Old 08-10-2003, 11:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (EGStreetHtch)

Get this it would HELP got one on my car

buy it here:
http://store.summitracing.com/...D1472
<A HREF="http://store.summitracing.com/default.asp?
target=search.asp&type=bykeyword&searchtype=both&p art=hood+lock&x=19&y=11" TARGET="_blank">http://store.summitracing.com/...&y=11</A>

notice your from WI alot of car stolen up there espcially civics. I would go with THIS LOCK, an alarm and a club but if someone wnat your ride they will get it if they want it bad enough. Remember someone can always tow your car.
Old 08-10-2003, 11:34 PM
bey
Honda-Tech Member

i got a alarm with ignition kill on it .. plus i have my own ignition kill switch some where else under the dash... does the club really work.. cause i herd the steering wheel is soft and that it can be bent or break... also... is it easy to break the steering lock... .. and what is that lock on the hood... where can u get that.. ... also... towing won't be easy if u got the steering wheel turned all the way and locked would it...
Old 08-10-2003, 11:38 PM
bey
Honda-Tech Member

ops. i see the web site.. looks cool... are u sure that thing works... what happends when u pop the lach from the driver side door.... does does the hood pop up a bit like normal or does it stay shut until u unlock it.. or do u unlock it first then pop the hood..
Old 08-10-2003, 11:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

club is worthless

autolock is better.

and they can still tow it on a flatbed.

bottom line, if a thief wants your car he will take it.

best theft protection is layers of protection. alarm with multiple sirens, multiple kill switches, autolock devices and GPS tracking if you can afford it.
Old 08-11-2003, 12:43 AM
ophdehEEzY

Default Re: (EGkwazhimoto)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EGkwazhimoto &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Get this it would HELP got one on my car

buy it here:
http://store.summitracing.com/...&y=11

notice your from WI alot of car stolen up there espcially civics. I would go with THIS LOCK, an alarm and a club but if someone wnat your ride they will get it if they want it bad enough. Remember someone can always tow your car.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thats clean!
Old 08-11-2003, 01:49 AM

Default Re: (EGkwazhimoto)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EGkwazhimoto &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Get this it would HELP got one on my car

buy it here:
http://store.summitracing.com/...&y=11

notice your from WI alot of car stolen up there espcially civics. I would go with THIS LOCK, an alarm and a club but if someone wnat your ride they will get it if they want it bad enough. Remember someone can always tow your car.</TD></TR></TABLE>

That's a different way to install that Mr. Gasket Hood Lock. Wanna explain how you did that and still got it to work properly without the surrounding metal piece?
Old 08-11-2003, 03:22 AM
Xsi
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why not an electric hood lock that bolts it from underneath? I have one rigged to my alarm which locks when armed.
Old 08-11-2003, 07:49 AM

Default Re: (Xsi)

I got lucky, the little plastic **** for the hood release just broke off of mine. I guess you could call it luck!