Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

HOLY WINDOW WONT STAY ON TRACK BATMAN!

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2006, 11:56 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default HOLY WINDOW WONT STAY ON TRACK BATMAN!

eg. manual windows. spent 3 hours trying to get this thing to roll up and down correctly. the internals, or scissor like mechanism if you will, seems to be binding or something is just f'g wrong and im too f'g blind to see it.

i tried putting the window on the tracks over and over and over. even took the glass out, took the internals out, one arm was slightly twisted/bent..tried to straighten it out as much as possible.

basically what happens is when i roll it up, the window pushes itself outward, leaving a gap at the top left(if youre in the car, driver side window), it also has a gap near the mirror. its almost like the window is slanted down.

i f'd with it for too long. somone has to have experience with this ****.

thanks.
Old 11-27-2006, 01:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: HOLY ******* WINDOW WONT STAY ON TRACK BATMAN! (strictly.business)

buy a new regulator in the junkyard(thats the part that mopves the glass up or down)
Old 11-27-2006, 02:46 AM

check the moldings and window channels. u might need new ones or lube them for a temp fix
Old 11-27-2006, 04:50 AM

Default Re: (Personal Information)

Silicone lubricant and straighten out the track
Old 11-27-2006, 08:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (steveo2000em1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by steveo2000em1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Silicone lubricant and straighten out the track </TD></TR></TABLE>
I go with the "wet type"...
Old 11-27-2006, 10:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lubricant doesn't do ****.

My windows are..."choppy" when rolling up and I applied white lithium greese (which sure as hell shoulda done the trick) in excess....and they're still choppy, and slow as expletive going up.

expletive old power windows, I had the same problem on my probe, ******* bullshit. I've deemed it unfixable.
Old 11-27-2006, 10:16 AM

Default Re: (Syndacate)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Lubricant doesn't do ****.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

I feel sorry for your significant other
Old 11-27-2006, 10:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (steveo2000em1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by steveo2000em1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I feel sorry for your significant other </TD></TR></TABLE>
hahahahaha
Old 11-28-2006, 05:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Syndacate)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Lubricant doesn't do ****.

My windows are..."choppy" when rolling up and I applied white lithium greese (which sure as hell shoulda done the trick) in excess....and they're still choppy, and slow as expletive going up.

expletive old power windows, I had the same problem on my probe, ******* bullshit. I've deemed it unfixable. </TD></TR></TABLE>

The silicone runs down the length of the track, lithium stays where its put...

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by steveo2000em1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I feel sorry for your significant other </TD></TR></TABLE>

used to look like rose pedals.... now it looks like roast beef...
Old 11-28-2006, 06:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (miahmouse)

I had alot of the same problem, my problem was that my speakers where pushing the window off the track at the bottom so when the window was rolled up it was no longer on track and outside the molding, so check that. Try pulling out your speaker and rolling your window all the way down and see if it makes a difference when you roll it up. If that is the problem go to the hardware store and buy some rubber buhings for the screws so the speaker doesnt sit so far back.
Old 11-28-2006, 06:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HOLY WINDOW WONT STAY ON TRACK BATMAN! (strictly.business)

You need to replace the window regulator. The manual regulator has little nylon wheels on it. When they start to wear out they bind in there track. Once this happens it causes a small arm on the regulator to bend. When that arm bends it allows the window to shift and pop out of the track. You can try taking the regulator out and bend the arm back. It should work for a little bit (until your parts come in)but it will bend again so don't roll the window down. DO NOT lube the window track it will not help and only cause you more problems. Just get a new one from Honda or aftermarket you are going to spend about the same amount of $$$.
Old 11-28-2006, 07:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HOLY WINDOW WONT STAY ON TRACK BATMAN! (instructor74)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by instructor74 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You need to replace the window regulator. The manual regulator has little nylon wheels on it. When they start to wear out they bind in there track. Once this happens it causes a small arm on the regulator to bend. When that arm bends it allows the window to shift and pop out of the track. You can try taking the regulator out and bend the arm back. It should work for a little bit (until your parts come in)but it will bend again so don't roll the window down. DO NOT lube the window track it will not help and only cause you more problems. Just get a new one from Honda or aftermarket you are going to spend about the same amount of $$$. </TD></TR></TABLE>
x2, white lithium grease sucks dick, btw the eg window problem is totally different than the ek problem. like this guy said, its the little nylon wheels that wear out and no matter how much you grease it it won't help.

Modified by Kruzen510 at 9:19 AM 11/28/2006
Old 11-28-2006, 07:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HOLY WINDOW WONT STAY ON TRACK BATMAN! (Kruzen510)

don't slam your door.
silicone is a temporary fix.

put window back in track. take speaker out, pull the track against window... tighten. roll up and down... if all is well, put yo panel back on. and don't slam the damn door. the silicone will help it for about 6 months
Old 11-28-2006, 10:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HOLY WINDOW WONT STAY ON TRACK BATMAN! (THC07)

my driver one is fucked too...same problem
Old 11-28-2006, 10:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HOLY WINDOW WONT STAY ON TRACK BATMAN! (strictly.business)

It's a little bit more work, but I removed my window glass, window regulator and glass run channel from the car. I cleaned and degreased all three, then greased the regulator back up and installed them back in the car. I then followed the procedure in the Helms manual for adjusting the glass and the regulator. The window goes up faster than it has in the 5 years since I owned the car. Plus, I didn't have to spray band-aid lubricant crap that keeps my windows all greasy.

Mike
Old 11-28-2006, 11:20 AM
Banned

i just got the car. i dont slam ****. i take care of it. but, i guess im gunna have to find a new regulator. i tried straightening it out but the window just doesnt wanna line up.