Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Holy chit, a big thumbs down to hondaautomotivparts.com!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2004, 11:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Holy chit, a big thumbs down to hondaautomotivparts.com!!!

Just got off the phone with hondaautomotiveparts.com......... Over the weekend, I placed an order for the lower dash panel (the one that houses the mirror switches, coin pocket, fuse cover). The part was only $20, but they charged me $33 for shipping 'behind the scenes', BULLSHIT!!! That's a small part and weighs less than 1 pound. My jaw dropped to the floor when I heard they wanted to *** rape me $33 for shipping w/o my knowlege. The sucky part is when you place your order online, their website does not tell you the shipping charges. They just tack on their insane shipping charge later and then ship out your order.

Luckily for me, my ATM check card didn't have enough funds in it, so the transaction got declined, thank gawd. I called them to check if my order got shipped out yet, and when the guy said nope, my card got declined, I was surprised. I asked him how much was shipping. He said $33, and I said you've got to be joking, your nuts!!!

I then called my favorite online Honda parts dealer, hparts.com, to see why they've been under construction for half a year now. They said they have abandoned their online business for good. That totally sucks. They were always cheap with their shipping charges, and was always extremely reliable even for item returns.

Hparts.com = R.I.P.

Modified by Draggin99Si at 12:49 PM 9/1/2004
Old 09-01-2004, 11:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Holy chit, a big thumbs down to hondaautomotivparts.com!!! (Draggin99Si)

That small plastic piece should cost no more than $7 for shipping.
Old 09-01-2004, 11:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Holy chit, a big thumbs down to hondaautomotivparts.com!!! (Draggin99Si)

Probably cheaper to pay parts retail cost from your dealer.
Old 09-01-2004, 11:24 AM

thats weird, every time i order from them shipping is around $5-$10 for small parts. Did you ask them why shipping was so much?
Old 09-01-2004, 11:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Holy chit, a big thumbs down to hondaautomotivparts.com!!! (JDM R)

Yes I did, he just said well that's what it's costing us to ship out your part.

I guess a guardian angel was watching over me or something, and my *** got saved. Anyways, that's the first AND the last time I'll be placing an order from this place ever again.
Old 09-01-2004, 11:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

yeah they raped me on shipping for an interior panel before
Old 09-01-2004, 11:41 AM

just order from a local dealer...much easier in my opinion
Old 09-01-2004, 11:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

$33 for that piece is insane. yeah should have asked why it's that much. you were lucky your funds were declined.

hmmm hondaautomotiveparts.com was one of the first site people recommend on h-t when i last searched on oem parts to buy.
Old 09-01-2004, 11:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the usually chage me a $3 handling fee + whatever they charge for shipping. still waaaaay cheaper than the dealership. if in doubt, ask them about the handling fee when you place your order. you can't do it on the web, so you'll have to speak with them on the phone
Old 09-01-2004, 11:43 AM
* B A N N E D *

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Too bad, I've had good luck with them. You sure this was EXACTLY the right part? There diagrams aren't too precise. HOWEVER, there are some severly overpriced parts, like honda dealership charges 148$ for the cardboard that goes in the trunk. I say call em and get more details.
Old 09-01-2004, 11:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Holy chit, a big thumbs down to hondaautomotivparts.com!!! (Redline96LX)

GWAD DAMN 148 for the cardboard in the trunk!! That answers my questiong.......Home Depot Here I come!!!!
Old 09-01-2004, 11:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Holy chit, a big thumbs down to hondaautomotivparts.com!!! (Redline96LX)

Go to http://www.slhondaparts.com. It's SanLeandro honda in CA. I get all my parts there. Cheap shipping, and it estimates the cost for you, and says you'll be notified if it comes out more than the estimate (hasn't happened yet)

Old 09-01-2004, 11:49 AM

I've ordered a bunch from them recently, and they generally choose a higher-end shipping. For me it mostly evens out with picking it up locally, only I don't have to bust out of work early to go get it.

The only gripe I have is I ordered a bunch of parts last week, came in today, and one of the stupid $10 cat bolts, someone had cut the package, stolen the bolt, and then put the package back into the box. So I'm out a $10 bolt. Weak.

No, I haven't called and asked them about it, but Given the fact that Prostreetonline still owes me like $60 that they're apparently never going to refund me, I'm getting used to it.

Old 09-01-2004, 11:50 AM

Default Re: Holy chit, a big thumbs down to hondaautomotivparts.com!!! (project_mercy)

Wackkkk
Old 09-01-2004, 11:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Holy chit, a big thumbs down to hondaautomotivparts.com!!! (Spoon Spec EK)

Yea HAP is bad for shipping
Old 09-01-2004, 12:26 PM
jbs
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Draggin99Si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Just got off the phone with hondaautomotiveparts.com......... Over the weekend, I placed an order for the lower dash panel (the one that houses the mirror switches, coin pocket, fuse cover). The part was only $20, but they charged me $33 for shipping 'behind the scenes', BULLSHIT!!! That's a small part and weighs less than 1 pound. My jaw dropped to the floor when I heard they wanted to *** rape me $33 for shipping w/o my knowlege. The sucky part is when you place your order online, their website does not tell you the shipping charges. They just tack on their insane shipping charge later and then ship out your order.[/i]</TD></TR></TABLE>

I feel you. They add a handling charge as well. hondaautomotiveparts.com
Old 09-01-2004, 12:29 PM
Global Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When i bought from them i did it over the phone and i made sure to know how much shipping was going to be..

better luck next time bro

Old 09-01-2004, 12:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Jimmy)

they won't ship out unless the total including shipping is $50 or more. so i'm thinking they probably just bombed you for shipping so the order could be shipped. even if this is the case, they should've notified you.

for future reference, order more things and make it worth your while.
Old 09-01-2004, 12:37 PM
H-T White Ops

www,majestichonda.com
Awesome prices and shipping isn't outrageous.
Old 09-01-2004, 01:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Draggin99Si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Just got off the phone with hondaautomotiveparts.com......... Over the weekend, I placed an order for the lower dash panel (the one that houses the mirror switches, coin pocket, fuse cover). The part was only $20, but they charged me $33 for shipping 'behind the scenes', BULLSHIT!!! That's a small part and weighs less than 1 pound. My jaw dropped to the floor when I heard they wanted to *** rape me $33 for shipping w/o my knowlege. The sucky part is when you place your order online, their website does not tell you the shipping charges. They just tack on their insane shipping charge later and then ship out your order.</TD></TR></TABLE>

What shipping option did you choose? Size of the part doesn't matter much if you choose overnight...

I've never had any problem with shipping prices with them.
Old 09-01-2004, 01:20 PM
Honda-Tech Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (IslandSi)

**** them go to the junkyard
Old 09-01-2004, 02:21 PM

Default Re: Holy chit, a big thumbs down to hondaautomotivparts.com!!!

Thanks for the heads up. I guess that's one place I will NEVER be ordering from.
Old 09-01-2004, 02:49 PM

i order some small things before. shipping was arounf like 45. the total order was around $15.

are you sure they didn't mean $33 shipped? that is shipping and the part.
Old 09-01-2004, 03:21 PM
Electrician

http://www.slhondaparts.com

They tell you the shipping cost BEFORE you finalize the transaction.
Old 09-01-2004, 03:44 PM

Default Re: (Dimi)

There is a $ minimum on some of the sites I know http://www.acuraautmotiveparts.com is $60. This is so they dont get over loaded with little nickle dime orders. That is probably what the 33 dollars was go towards. It is worng of them though to say its for shipping though.

Acuraautomotiveparts.com emailed me and said that I didnt meet the minimum so I ordered a buch of hardware and stuff that my car needed to bump it over the limit.

http://www.hondapartssource.com is also a nice site. Nicer than hondaautomotveparts.com and slhonda imo. When I get around to ordering more stuff for my car I will probably go throught them.

Quick Reply: Holy chit, a big thumbs down to hondaautomotivparts.com!!!