Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

High compression engine

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 11:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon2 High compression engine

sence my engine is high compression should i have a bigger radiator? because my car runs got and my radiator seeems smal to me plus its a cheapy!! should i have a big radiator because of high compression
ok so my car gets pretty hot when i drive it but i think my wirings messed up because when i turn on my blinker when the cars warmed up the temp gauge bounces up in rythme with the blinker clicks..only when its warmed up tho?
my radiator seems to be pretty small sence my engine is high compression should i have a bigger radiator? its not a expencive radiator its a cheapyy

btw idk if this matters but the people that swapped the egine in it never put the ac or heater back in so idsk if that can **** anything bup but i figured id let u know about that too

Last edited by NubImports; 03-10-2009 at 12:01 AM.
Old 03-09-2009, 11:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: High compression engine

Someone help please?
Old 03-10-2009, 12:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

well i had a cheap radiator when i did my motor swap and a couple weeks later it cracked on me.. just messed up all to hell. for the mean time i got another cheap one like a $40 one.. now the top is cracking and leaking.. im thinking my problem is from having a bigger motor but now im going to get an better one. im opting for a mishimoto radiator.. i dont think it would hurt to upgrade it u know..? as far as the gauge bouncing idk.. ill ask and see if anyone knows..
Old 03-10-2009, 12:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by godluvstegs
well i had a cheap radiator when i did my motor swap and a couple weeks later it cracked on me.. just messed up all to hell. for the mean time i got another cheap one like a $40 one.. now the top is cracking and leaking.. im thinking my problem is from having a bigger motor but now im going to get an better one. im opting for a mishimoto radiator.. i dont think it would hurt to upgrade it u know..? as far as the gauge bouncing idk.. ill ask and see if anyone knows..
alright yeah ask around and see what u can find out that would be great =] thanks
Old 03-10-2009, 10:36 AM

a stock radiator will work just fine on a high compression engine. Unless the radiator is old & dirty, so it's blocking the flow of fluid (making your car overheat), then I would invest in a new radiator or have your factory one flushed & rebuilt - do this first before buying an aftermarket one that's made of plastic.
Old 03-10-2009, 03:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by DRAMA
a stock radiator will work just fine on a high compression engine. Unless the radiator is old & dirty, so it's blocking the flow of fluid (making your car overheat), then I would invest in a new radiator or have your factory one flushed & rebuilt - do this first before buying an aftermarket one that's made of plastic.
i took it to a machanic today hes a family friend he said i have a blwon head gasket because when we filled my radiator and started the car without tha radiatorcap on it sprayed everywhere? does that really mean i have a blwon head gasket...?
Old 03-18-2009, 10:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Sounds wack to tell you the truth lol...just take the head off and see for your self