Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Hi

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 06:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi

Hey, I'm technically not new here (look at the join date), but apparently forgot I made a login until today . I have been lurking for the past 2 years or so reading GDD and technical forums always thinking, "I should reply" but then think about the having to go through 7 days of trial user status and so many posts in the tech forums and don't. Well, today I remembered I had already started so here we go.

I have a 2000 Civic EX. I used to own a 1990 CRX DX. I am a recent transplant to Tallahassee, FL from Johnson City, TN.

Any other questions, just ask.
Old 02-01-2008, 06:41 AM

Why did you make the thread? Thats the only question I can think of. Did you have a goal in mind?
Old 02-01-2008, 06:42 AM

Default Re: (I Shot 50 Cent)

To introduce myself before I start posting.
Old 02-01-2008, 06:45 AM

Oh...

Hey!
Old 02-01-2008, 06:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hi (Jessica)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by I Shot 50 Cent &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Why did you make the thread? Thats the only question I can think of. Did you have a goal in mind?</TD></TR></TABLE>
yea..to introduce herself after being a hermit for 5 years

i just recently had to get rid of my 2000 EX, check your oil at least twice a week. i went through 2 motors not knowing that they had oil pump issues...something having to do with the spring that allows oil to pass through or some bullish like that. not sure if you can do this or not (speaking about your experience with motors and knowhow), but the z6 oil pumps are a lot more efficient and if you can get your hands one of those it will probably make the motor last a lot longer.

otherwise..um...welcome??
Old 02-01-2008, 06:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

greetings from jc, tn!! how long have you lived in tallahassee? (sp)
Old 02-01-2008, 06:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Jessica)

any pics or a list of anything that you have done to your ej8?
Old 02-01-2008, 06:57 AM

Default Re: Hi (Probot)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Probot &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
yea..to introduce herself after being a hermit for 5 years

i just recently had to get rid of my 2000 EX, check your oil at least twice a week. i went through 2 motors not knowing that they had oil pump issues...something having to do with the spring that allows oil to pass through or some bullish like that. not sure if you can do this or not (speaking about your experience with motors and knowhow), but the z6 oil pumps are a lot more efficient and if you can get your hands one of those it will probably make the motor last a lot longer.

otherwise..um...welcome?? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Ha ha, not necessarily a hermit, just forgetful My oil is starting to get a bit low between changes. So all I have to do it put a different oil pump and that will help? Thanks

Thanks for the welcome.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by slo_hatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">greetings from jc, tn!! how long have you lived in tallahassee? (sp) </TD></TR></TABLE>

I've only been here since September. Lived in JC/Tri-Cities for 13 years. Went to ETSU.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SpeedoKing &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">any pics or a list of anything that you have done to your ej8?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I had I/H/E, lowering springs, sway bars, strut tower bar, wheels, and a carbon fiber hood but have started to take all of it off and go back stock.. Am getting over all the "ricey" stuff.
Old 02-01-2008, 06:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jessica &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Ha ha, not necessarily a hermit, just forgetful My oil is starting to get a bit low between changes. So all I have to do it put a different oil pump and that will help? Thanks

Thanks for the welcome.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

np - but yea, stay on top of that oil level!! i went through 2 motors and sadly i had to get rid of the car cause i couldn't afford to drop another motor in
Old 02-01-2008, 07:00 AM

Here's a pic before I put the stock hood back on.

Sorry, didn't realize the original was so big
Old 02-01-2008, 07:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

very nice and clean..man that makes me miss my car so much more now lol

why did you put the stock hood back on??

oh...not gonna tell you what to do, but smaller wheels...16s with 205/45 tires.

check out the link in my signature if you want an example of what it would look like
Old 02-01-2008, 07:04 AM

I just got over it... No other reason. I like my wheels. I shopped for about 3 or 4 months before deciding on those.
Old 02-01-2008, 07:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jessica &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I just got over it... No other reason. I like my wheels. I shopped for about 3 or 4 months before deciding on those.</TD></TR></TABLE>

right on, as long as you're happy with them then have fun - took me awhile as well to decide on wheels
Old 02-01-2008, 07:06 AM

Are you trying to sell me your wheels?
Old 02-01-2008, 07:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jessica &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Are you trying to sell me your wheels? </TD></TR></TABLE>

lol well..it wouldn't hurt to have extras? nah, i just think 16s with that tire size is ideal for civics
Old 02-01-2008, 07:11 AM

Default Re: Hi (slo_hatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by slo_hatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">greetings from jc, tn!! how long have you lived in tallahassee? (sp) </TD></TR></TABLE>

Do you know Jared? Has a blue CRX, used to work at Ride?

He's my fiance.
Old 02-01-2008, 07:17 AM
Resident Gearhead

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jessica &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

My oil is starting to get a bit low between changes. So all I have to do it put a different oil pump and that will help? Thanks</TD></TR></TABLE>

No. Changing the pump will not help. Your engine is consuming (burning) abnormal amounts of oil and/or leaking oil.

Changing the pump could possibly increase engine longevity, as well as more frequent oil changes.

You forgot to answer this Probot, you got so excited talking to Jessica. J/K
Old 02-01-2008, 07:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hi (mcvtec)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mcvtec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

No. Changing the pump will not help. Your engine is consuming (burning) abnormal amounts of oil and/or leaking oil.

Changing the pump could possibly increase engine longevity, as well as more frequent oil changes.

You forgot to answer this Probot, you got so excited talking to Jessica. J/K </TD></TR></TABLE>

hahaha get bent dude - but my motor wasn't smoking or leaking so i didn't mention that part.
Old 02-01-2008, 07:22 AM

Ok, well, my engine is neither smoking nor leaking. So you think I'm just gonna need a new engine? I mean, it's not like it's super low, or anything, just slightly.
Old 02-01-2008, 07:25 AM
Banned

Very clean car, anything ese done to it besides rims?
Old 02-01-2008, 07:32 AM

Default Re: (yoffer)

Thank you.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jessica &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I had I/H/E, lowering springs, sway bars, strut tower bar, wheels, and a carbon fiber hood but have started to take all of it off and go back stock.. Am getting over all the "ricey" stuff.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 02-01-2008, 07:35 AM
Resident Gearhead

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Probot &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hahaha get bent dude - but my motor wasn't smoking or leaking so i didn't mention that part.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Just foolin' bro.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jessica &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ok, well, my engine is neither smoking nor leaking. So you think I'm just gonna need a new engine? I mean, it's not like it's super low, or anything, just slightly.</TD></TR></TABLE>

No I don't think you need a new engine - yet. Slightly low is common don't get or anything. Do what Probot said and check the oil level frequently. If you rev the hell out of it all the time it's gonna burn more oil.
Old 02-01-2008, 07:42 AM

I don't high rev it at all anymore. I used to drive it like it had 550hp, lol, but now the only time I rev it over 4 or 5k is when I'm trying to "blow it out" every couple of months or so.
Old 02-01-2008, 07:51 AM
Resident Gearhead

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jessica &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I don't high rev it at all anymore. I used to drive it like it had 550hp, lol...</TD></TR></TABLE>

The engine will never forget those times. You should be fine if you just maintain it.
Old 02-01-2008, 08:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

So where are the pics of yourself? Oh and Geaux Tigers!

Quick Reply: Hi