Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

hey help me out will u!

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2005, 10:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hey help me out will u!

hey i got this thing that i do not know what it is...when i drive regularly on the small intersection it drives smooth and when i speed or drive on the freeway my steering wheel started to shake or vibrate like my tire is loose but its not...i think i might be my axle but on the other hand it could be my tanny or my mounts...i don't know but all i know is that i need help so i can fix this **** and get it over with....anyone help A.S.A.P...........thanks for your help!
Old 01-26-2005, 10:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: hey help me out will u! (93_cxEG)

if ur alignments okay, more than likely its a bad wheel bearing...not too hard change out if ur willin to put some muscle into it
Old 01-26-2005, 10:11 AM

Default Re: hey help me out will u! (itr_eg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by itr_eg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if ur alignments okay, more than likely its a bad wheel bearing...not too hard change out if ur willin to put some muscle into it</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah my alignments is okay and i thought that it could be my wheel bearing too...thanks i'll check it out and see wats really wrong...
Old 01-26-2005, 10:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Start with the simple stuff first...

Wheel balance.
Old 01-26-2005, 10:52 AM

Default Re: hey help me out will u! (Perfectionist)

my wheel balance is okay to cause i took it to just tires to check it out...
Old 01-26-2005, 11:42 AM

Its not your wheel bearings because you dont here a whining noise right,
10/1 its your axel.
Old 01-26-2005, 11:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: hey help me out will u! (one8toh8)

could be your mufler bearing
Old 01-26-2005, 11:45 AM
Unceasing Measure

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: hey help me out will u! (careawholelot)

Wheel bearing, CV joint, wheel balance.
Old 01-26-2005, 11:54 AM

bent rim.
Old 01-26-2005, 01:50 PM

Default Re: (2lua)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2lua &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">bent rim.</TD></TR></TABLE>

sorry have not bent rims...
Old 01-26-2005, 01:51 PM

Default Re: hey help me out will u! (one8toh8)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by one8toh8 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Its not your wheel bearings because you dont here a whining noise right,
10/1 its your axel.</TD></TR></TABLE>

well yeah...there are no whining noise and maybe u could be rite...it could be my axle or like Archidictus say my cv join...
Old 01-31-2005, 08:13 AM

hey my brother told me that it could be my tie rod....and it sound reasonable because when i jack up my car and shake my wheel it wiggles or it shakes....if it is my tie rod how much does it cost just to take it to the shop like just tire or and tire shop to fix it....thanks...

Modified by 93_cxEG at 4:11 PM 1/31/2005
Old 01-31-2005, 03:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93_cxEG &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hey my brother told me that it could be my tie rod....and it sound reasonable because when i jack up my car and shake my wheel it wiggles or it shakes....if it is my tie rod how much does it cost just to take it to the shop like just tire or and tire shop to fix it....thanks...

Modified by 93_cxEG at 4:11 PM 1/31/2005</TD></TR></TABLE>

tie rod is real easy to change...just bolts in
Old 01-31-2005, 03:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93_cxEG &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hey i got this thing that i do not know what it is...when i drive regularly on the small intersection it drives smooth and when i speed or drive on the freeway my steering wheel started to shake or vibrate like my tire is loose but its not...i think i might be my axle but on the other hand it could be my tanny or my mounts...i don't know but all i know is that i need help so i can fix this **** and get it over with....anyone help A.S.A.P...........thanks for your help! </TD></TR></TABLE>

tire balance if it at certain speeds. get them balanced, do a rotate and if ur alignment is whack (steering wheel not centered is a good indicator) then redo that as well. but balancing ur tires should do the trick.....u can ship 'em to me and i'll do it for ya...hahaha

muffler bearing...........HA, havent heard that one in a while.... although if u call toyota they find them.... celicas
Old 01-31-2005, 03:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93_cxEG &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

well yeah...there are no whining noise and maybe u could be rite...it could be my axle or like Archidictus say my cv join... </TD></TR></TABLE>

it would more likely be a cv boot, axle if it pops like mad. turn ur wheel hard left and right... if it makes a tickin' or poppin' then its ur axles.

and ur tie rod..hmmm........... check ur ball joints.. had one of mine strip out once while i was driving and oh fick... that reall sucks.
Old 01-31-2005, 03:59 PM

Default Re: hey help me out will u! (careawholelot)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by careawholelot &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">could be your mufler bearing</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol
Old 02-01-2005, 07:57 AM

Default Re: hey help me out will u! (Burns)

i think i'm just gonna go ahead an purchase this tie rod thing from ebay for 39 bucks and slap it on and see if it works...because when i jacked up my car and shake the wheels it shakes and when i started up while on the jack going about 60-80 mph i can see that the tire wiggles....so could it be my tie rod that has gone bad or is it my reck and pion....
Old 02-01-2005, 08:41 AM
IVI
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93_cxEG &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i think i'm just gonna go ahead an purchase this tie rod thing from ebay for 39 bucks and slap it on and see if it works...because when i jacked up my car and shake the wheels it shakes and when i started up while on the jack going about 60-80 mph i can see that the tire wiggles....so could it be my tie rod that has gone bad or is it my reck and pion.... </TD></TR></TABLE>

check if its the inner or outer tie rod before you buy it, and i wouldnt try to get it from ebay.
at the parts store here it is around 35-40 bucks for the outer tie rod. does your wheel wiggle when trying to shake it up and down?

in what condition are the rubber boots on your suspension components? any grease leaking anywhere?

Old 02-02-2005, 08:17 AM

Default Re: hey help me out will u! (IVI)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by IVI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

check if its the inner or outer tie rod before you buy it, and i wouldnt try to get it from ebay.
at the parts store here it is around 35-40 bucks for the outer tie rod. does your wheel wiggle when trying to shake it up and down?

in what condition are the rubber boots on your suspension components? any grease leaking anywhere?

</TD></TR></TABLE>

well yeah when i shake it it wiggle and i don't know if it is my inner or outer tie rod and my rubber boots is in perfect condition and there is no grease leak anywhere...so any suggestion if it is my inner or outer tie rod...
Old 02-02-2005, 08:22 AM

Mine does the same thing, you probably should have it aligned, check the cv axles (mine stopped after I had those replaced), and other components in those areas.
Old 02-02-2005, 08:23 AM

Default Re: hey help me out will u! (4door_ridin)

bump want the replies, i need help too
Old 02-02-2005, 12:55 PM
IVI
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93_cxEG &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

well yeah when i shake it it wiggle and i don't know if it is my inner or outer tie rod and my rubber boots is in perfect condition and there is no grease leak anywhere...so any suggestion if it is my inner or outer tie rod...</TD></TR></TABLE>

have someone else attempt to shake it and see where the play is occuring.
Old 02-03-2005, 07:52 AM

Default Re: hey help me out will u! (IVI)

Okay i found out what was my really problem...at first i thought it was my tie rod since my bro. told me that so i'm assuming that he is right because he know a little more than i do...so went to a shop where i live in sacramento...shop name TOP SPEED...some asian dude own it and they were cool and we had a cool chat about the problem and he told me to take it to Les Schwab something like that...because they have the thing to check lower vechicle...so went there because it is just down the street from my house and talked to one of the mechanics...he told me that the tie rod will constantly shake when you shake it or not and that it is not the tie rod...he told me straight up that it is my axle that i probably had bad axle...then i think to myself that hmmmm...my very first guess was right...so then went home and put in my bro. stock axle from his dx...everything went on perfect until i realize that the only problem that was making my steering vibrate was my left upper control arm...the bolt that holds on to the steering part...well it is the bolt that hold on to the control arm and the long bent like cresent shape...thing i forgot the name...i'll look it up in my mechanic book and type it in later....well yeah that was just it...that little thing was loose and it was make my steering wheel vibrate during my accelaration on the freeway...
Old 02-04-2005, 08:14 AM

okay maybe not... that is not the case...change the axle and it is still the same...went to les schwab again and did a wheel balance thingy and didn't work...anyone any thing else to suggest to me...thank for the help!
Old 02-04-2005, 08:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

maybe your brake rotors are warpped

Quick Reply: hey help me out will u!