Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

HELP!!! swapped intake manifolds and car idols up and down drasticly

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 02:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!!! swapped intake manifolds and car idols up and down drasticly

i had a gsr manifold and put on a aluminum sheetmetal one that i bought. put it on alone with a hondata intake manna gasket and cranked her up. it idols up and down from 1k to 4k???? any opinions on what might be wrong, thanks!!!
Old 07-27-2007, 02:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HELP!!! swapped intake manifolds and car idols up and down drasticly (jdmjeff)

bump
Old 07-27-2007, 02:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HELP!!! swapped intake manifolds and car idols up and down drasticly (jdmjeff)

Do you have a GSR engine? If you have a GSR engine, which is meant to run with a dual runner I/M, and you put on a single runner aftermarket I/M, you're going to have this problem. It was the same with my friend's GSR when he bought a Skunk2 I/M.
Old 07-27-2007, 02:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

You've got yourself a huge vacuum leak, is your throttle body sealing to the intake manifold? With an idle that high, the leak should be highly audible. IACV hooked up? PCV? EVAP? See if you can hear it, put your hand over the throttle opening with your intake off and see if it calms down a bit, this should also make the sound more audible.

Who made the manifold, and is it the right fit?
Old 07-27-2007, 04:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HELP!!! swapped intake manifolds and car idols up and down drasticly (slowcivic2k)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by slowcivic2k &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You've got yourself a huge vacuum leak, is your throttle body sealing to the intake manifold? With an idle that high, the leak should be highly audible. IACV hooked up? PCV? EVAP? See if you can hear it, put your hand over the throttle opening with your intake off and see if it calms down a bit, this should also make the sound more audible.

Who made the manifold, and is it the right fit?</TD></TR></TABLE>
well re reused the throttle body gasket so im gonna get another one tomorrow. im gonna try that... thanks for the replys guys. and yes i have everything plugged up. the IM is very nice has everything i need
Old 07-27-2007, 07:31 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jdmjeff &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
the IM is very nice has everything i need
</TD></TR></TABLE>
everything except for that idle surge you seem to be talking about.

if you could post pics and the brand, that'd help us a lot. double check the iacv and the pcv.

try out that "carb choke" thing you can buy from like autozone. i don't know much about it but i've heard that if you spray it above your motor and your car chokes or something, then you've got a vac leak.