Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Help please!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2005, 09:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Help please!!!!!

Something happend to my car! This is what happend. There are two lanes to take a left to the next street. I was on the the second lane to turn left. I went and turned a left, when i was in the middle of the intersection some guy on the first lane went to mine so i swered to the first lane then back to the second to dodge him. Thank god i didnt hit him. But as soon as i did that. The check engine light came on i was like what the heck. So i was wondering what was wrong with the engine. My car is a 92' civic hatchback VX and it redlines a 6k. Well i usually shift through all my gears at 4k, as soon as i touch 4k the engine suddenly losses power at that rpm, So i tried going a little further like 4500 and it really lost power, So i just drove home driving below 3k. When i went home i shut of my engine and started it back again and you know what happend the check engine light went off, and the car got back its power i was like woahh what happend, i was happy and kinda curious how did that happend, was it the ecu, or what, will it happend again please can anybody relate to me about this problem if so what just happend?
Sorry if my grammar or my story is everywhere.
Old 06-24-2005, 09:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Possibly the oil sloshed to one side of the pan, starving the the engine of oil long enough to trigger the CEL sending the ECU into limp mode until you restarted the car. Just a guess.
Old 06-25-2005, 10:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Help please!!!!! (adobospoon)

If your check engine light came on you should check which engine code it threw. Even if the light went back out it still should be stored in your ECU. Do a search on engine codes, and go from there.