Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Help!! Which one is best??? Trying to decide on engine to get!

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 09:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!! Which one is best??? Trying to decide on engine to get!

I am really frustrated guys, i need some serious help and tips. First off, I have a list of possible engines to fit in my 94 civc from the b16a to the b18c and a ouple more. Also, is it really beneficial if i rebuild my own engine using 2 engines of the same generation? I know all engines are stock but some give more than others and are better to work with and add some serious horsepower to. So guys, WHICH ONE?? I wanna know which engine is best and then what to START on or with and everything i could do to it to "earn some respect" on the asphalt.

P.S. Just in case it helps, its a stick shift.
Old 07-12-2007, 09:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Help!! Which one is best??? Trying to decide on engine to get! (amateur757)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by amateur757 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I am really frustrated guys, i need some serious help and tips. First off, I have a list of possible engines to fit in my 94 civc from the b16a to the b18c and a ouple more. Also, is it really beneficial if i rebuild my own engine using 2 engines of the same generation? I know all engines are stock but some give more than others and are better to work with and add some serious horsepower to. So guys, WHICH ONE?? I wanna know which engine is best and then what to START on or with and everything i could do to it to "earn some respect" on the asphalt.

P.S. Just in case it helps, its a stick shift.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Check out this thread :

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread/878010
Old 07-12-2007, 09:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Help!! Which one is best??? Trying to decide on engine to get! (amateur757)

And what state do you live in? Your options are more specific if you live in Cali.
Old 07-12-2007, 09:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Help!! Which one is best??? Trying to decide on engine to get! (95ProjectEJ1)

I live in Florida and might be moving to N.C.
Old 07-12-2007, 09:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Questions...

1. How much money do you have for this project
2. How much WHP are you trying to get
3. Is this your DD/Auto-x/Drag car
Old 07-12-2007, 09:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Help!! Which one is best??? Trying to decide on engine to get! (95ProjectEJ1)

1. I REALLY like this car so i'm willing to spend a several G's.

2. I still don't really know what whp is, only hp.

3. Still deciding. Though I love drifting in it, i MOST likely won't soup it up for that.
Old 07-12-2007, 10:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i hope you dont like drifting in your civic put an f22 in it and then you can say you like drifting in your civic
Old 07-12-2007, 10:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Sounds to me like you shouldn't put any money into the car yet. Because it will just end up in a ditch or in some thief's backyard.

Be smart, drive smart, and research. Then come back and ask some intelligent questions.
Old 07-12-2007, 10:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by amateur757 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">1. I REALLY like this car so i'm willing to spend a several G's.

2. I still don't really know what whp is, only hp.

3. Still deciding. Though I love drifting in it, i MOST likely won't soup it up for that.</TD></TR></TABLE>

LOL

Come on is this some kind of joke? Drifting I think you need to turn your copy of fast and the furious bullshit drift off

Before you start thinking about tuning anything I suggest you do some research into cars/engines so forth if you do not even know the difference between whp and hp and you think a FWD is going to drift

STOP!

Go read about cars go research unless of cause this is some kind of stupid joke however your not the first I have heard talk about drifting a FWD but still sounds as stupidly funny lol

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by solerizr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i hope you don’t like drifting in your civic put an f22 in it and then you can say you like drifting in your civic </TD></TR></TABLE>

Come on bro you think this noob knows what a f22 is he properly thinks your talking about a plane for drifting yo!

You know you got to sonic boom that turn LOL (god i crack my self up!)

LOL&gt;..........

Old 07-12-2007, 10:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (alacard)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by alacard &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Sounds to me like you shouldn't put any money into the car yet. Because it will just end up in a ditch or in some thief's backyard.

Be smart, drive smart, and research. Then come back and ask some intelligent questions.</TD></TR></TABLE>

^^ Great idea.

OP - Though you love your car there is really no reason to dump "several g's" into an econobox that is only going to sell for 3-5k in the future with all the mods you are "planning" to do. You also have to think about how realistic your wants/pipe dreams are.
Old 07-12-2007, 11:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I would go with a B18C , more power then a B16
Old 07-12-2007, 12:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Help!! Which one is best??? Trying to decide on engine to get! (YodajdmEK4)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by YodajdmEK4 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I would go with a B18C , more power then a B16 </TD></TR></TABLE>

agreed a b16 is nothing more then a tq less wonder!
Old 07-12-2007, 02:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Help!! Which one is best??? Trying to decide on engine to get! (richard7968)

Wander around Honda-Tech for about a year before you start dumping money into this car.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Help!! Which one is best??? Trying to decide on engine to get! (gabebauman)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gabebauman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Wander around Honda-Tech for about a year before you start dumping money into this car. </TD></TR></TABLE>

i think he already has and i quote!!!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by amateur757 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Though I love drifting in it, i MOST likely won't soup it up for that.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 07-12-2007, 02:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

WHP= Wheel HP

u do need to do some research..... b18b is a good motor good tq put v-tec head on u'll b ok.....b16 isnt that bad low tq but it can get the job done ther both pretty cheap.. research tho its better for u to get info about what u wanna do.....
Old 07-12-2007, 02:21 PM
HT White Ops

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This thread has to be a joke
Old 07-12-2007, 02:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Eran)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eran &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">This thread has to be a joke </TD></TR></TABLE>

But it is summer Eran and all the 16-18 y/o's with their heads up their asses are home all day with nothing to do
Old 07-12-2007, 02:28 PM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: (95ProjectEJ1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 95ProjectEJ1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

But it is summer Eran and all the 16-18 y/o's with their heads up their asses are home all day with nothing to do </TD></TR></TABLE>

Hey im 18 and im pushin a 185 WHP Poor Mans Type-R. Not all teenagers are rices
Old 07-12-2007, 02:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (5_Lug_B)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 5_Lug_B &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Hey im 18 and im pushin a 185 WHP Poor Mans Type-R. Not all teenagers are rices </TD></TR></TABLE>

You are also not posting dumb **** and saying how you would like to drift... while owning a FWD civic lol
Old 07-12-2007, 02:51 PM
im hench irl

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by amateur757 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">.... i could do to it to "earn some respect" on the asphalt.

P.S. Just in case it helps, its a stick shift. </TD></TR></TABLE>

WTF? haha Hence the user name.
Old 07-12-2007, 04:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Help!! Which one is best??? Trying to decide on engine to get! (esco562)

Lets cut the kid a break~ 1st off u kinda need to know how much money u wanna spend, wat kinda hp ur wanna get outta ur car and wat ur planning on using ur car for. Example: like ur daily driver/ auto~x/ track car but by the sound of it its prob gonna be ur dd. Like a couple ppl already said u should really do ur home work and do a lot of research on the engines. Spend A LOT of time on this site reading up on old threads talking about engines/eng management etc. A lot of guys are gonna give u crap cuz ur still a baby but I'd rather sound stupid asking a question than look stupid when u blow ur engine. Just make sure u let evry1 know ur a NOOB, and U DON'T KNOW NE THING it will help out.
Old 07-12-2007, 04:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Help!! Which one is best??? Trying to decide on engine to get! (esco562)

Lets cut the kid a break~ 1st off u kinda need to know how much money u wanna spend, wat kinda hp ur wanna get outta ur car and wat ur planning on using ur car for. Example: like ur daily driver/ auto~x/ track car but by the sound of it its prob gonna be ur dd. Like a couple ppl already said u should really do ur home work and do a lot of research on the engines. Spend A LOT of time on this site reading up on old threads talking about engines/eng management etc. A lot of guys are gonna give u crap cuz ur still a baby but I'd rather sound stupid asking a question than look stupid when u blow ur engine. Just make sure u let evry1 know ur a NOOB/U DON'T KNOW NE THING it will help out.
Old 07-12-2007, 09:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Help!! Which one is best??? Trying to decide on engine to get! (jers99)

If you want to drift buy a 240, or swap in a ls1 lol.
Old 07-13-2007, 02:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Help!! Which one is best??? Trying to decide on engine to get! (CapnKrunch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CapnKrunch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If you want to drift buy a 240, or swap in a ls1 lol.</TD></TR></TABLE>

LOL

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jers99 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Lets cut the kid a break~ 1st off u kinda need to know how much money u wanna spend, wat kinda hp ur wanna get outta ur car and wat ur planning on using ur car for. Example: like ur daily driver/ auto~x/ track car but by the sound of it its prob gonna be ur dd. Like a couple ppl already said u should really do ur home work and do a lot of research on the engines. Spend A LOT of time on this site reading up on old threads talking about engines/eng management etc. A lot of guys are gonna give u crap cuz ur still a baby but I'd rather sound stupid asking a question than look stupid when u blow ur engine. Just make sure u let evry1 know ur a NOOB/U DON'T KNOW NE THING it will help out.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i think we got it the first time you do not need to post the same thing twice
Old 07-13-2007, 07:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

lol, you guys are all ********...i love it.

but in all seriousness:
- drifting is only done in RWD cars. Civics are FWD.
- my recommendation to you, is to buy a B18b from an RS/LS/GS Integra. They don't have vtec, but they are a perfect balance of power, torque, and economy (longer ratios than the b-series vtec trannies like the b16a2 or b18c1)
- do some research yourself...and for God sake, please take it somewhere professional to get done.

Quick Reply: Help!! Which one is best??? Trying to decide on engine to get!